Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Any regular clans in cwl meaning no th12?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ1958 View Post
    Supercell is a business that wants money. Thus more players spending more money. More people and clearly adults play this game because it’s a fun diversion and a community of people from different places can connect. The game like most others also has a driven core of — get ready— “gamer geeks” clan wars appeals to one cwl appeals to the other of course with exceptions. If the cwl medal program and format overwhelms the other this becomes another geek game—perhaps that’s the goal and what makes best economic sense for the company but the observation is longer term causal clans meaning those slowly working towards max then upgrading have found cwl silly if they are not th12 but don’t mind us we are all doing it wrong lol
    That’s all this post was meant to do -// find some of them and get ideas for my clan but it became a full throated defense of cwl by the geek army
    This comment is just hilariously out of touch, in its entirety.

CWL is the exact opposite of what you are saying. it allows casual gamers to actually have success in war. Traditional war forces defense heavy, offense light or otherwise unskilled accounts against maxers and skilled opponents who know the game and will destroy the rushers/casual. This is because there is no way for the matchmaker to take skill into account.

On the other hand, CWL with its ladder system and performance based system, allows these rushed/casual clans to face off with weaker but more skilled attackers. The strength of the former offsets the skill of the latter. In turn this allows those casual/rushed players and clans to finally win roughly 50% of the time rather than losing 90%.

TBH, the only thing CWL is ripping apart is clans who are based solely around winning, and will argue/split when the winning stops.

If you want to save your clan you need to teach them how to view CWL. CWL is not about winning except at the highest levels (Ch3+). CWL at the rest of the levels is either a farming opportunity or a chance to see how good your attack skills are. If you find yourselves constantly attacking weaker opponents you need to work on your attacks. If you are constantly attacking stronger opponents, your attack skills are above average and you will progress as your base progresses.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:58 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    This comment is just hilariously out of touch, in its entirety.

CWL is the exact opposite of what you are saying. it allows casual gamers to actually have success in war. Traditional war forces defense heavy, offense light or otherwise unskilled accounts against maxers and skilled opponents who know the game and will destroy the rushers/casual. This is because there is no way for the matchmaker to take skill into account.

On the other hand, CWL with its ladder system and performance based system, allows these rushed/casual clans to face off with weaker but more skilled attackers. The strength of the former offsets the skill of the latter. In turn this allows those casual/rushed players and clans to finally win roughly 50% of the time rather than losing 90%.

TBH, the only thing CWL is ripping apart is clans who are based solely around winning, and will argue/split when the winning stops.

If you want to save your clan you need to teach them how to view CWL. CWL is not about winning except at the highest levels (Ch3+). CWL at the rest of the levels is either a farming opportunity or a chance to see how good your attack skills are. If you find yourselves constantly attacking weaker opponents you need to work on your attacks. If you are constantly attacking stronger opponents, your attack skills are above average and you will progress as your base progresses.
    +1.. Very nicely said.

New Bloke/Chick
    Finally and thank you. Our speed to max is driven by the frequency of play which is less as of late given peopleís work and family commitments. Not driven to dominate the world just play and have fun. Most of us have 4+ kids of our own and thus not racing to some end goal my hope is they lower cwl medals or raise the war ones as sc is providing a clear direction they are headed in terms of clan formula for success which in terms of lower clans means radical restructuring or starting over with new people and with 35 left from 3 years it defeats at least our reason to playó fun interesting friends found and formed I guess the moms in our group have made us soft lol

New Bloke/Chick
    Thegreat sorry but you have not seen our matches there is zero a th8 and th9 can do against a th12 your cwl experiences are clearly very different than we have had. There is no skill building when most of clan gets zero stars. Honestly we are clueless how we got matched so high at start of cwl we all complained to customer service several said they agreed and gave us this link and said sc engineers read this but we have mostly found this board popular with the th12 clans so while I clearly understand your theory about how it’s supposed to work our experience for a somewhat extended period of time has not be at all as you describe

Thegreat sorry but you have not seen our matches there is zero a th8 and th9 can do against a th12 your cwl experiences are clearly very different than we have had. There is no skill building when most of clan gets zero stars. Honestly we are clueless how we got matched so high at start of cwl we all complained to customer service several said they agreed and gave us this link and said sc engineers read this but we have mostly found this board popular with the th12 clans so while I clearly understand your theory about how it’s supposed to work our experience for a somewhat extended period of time has not be at all as you describe
    You were matched with TH8 and TH9's in your first CWL? I'm just asking because I would be more interested if this were the case. Can you provide a clan tag? If you want clans with no TH12's in it, you won't get any good answers BUT if you ask all the geek army for help and give all the information they ask, they will often give the best advice you can hope for!
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

So you are running 8s and 9s and you are a war clan with over 400 wins. For that to happen, you must be deliberately holding back the progression of your clan. It seems like by now you should at least have a few 12s. If you are perma-maxing, I donít see why you are surprised. The game has to move forward, otherwise people would quit. If you choose to stay where you are, donít get mad if the game passes you by.

If you are happy with regular wars, keep do not regular wars. Nobody is forcing you to play cwl. However, if you want to move up in cwl, you have to get some 12s.

Forum Elder
    Finally and thank you. Our speed to max is driven by the frequency of play which is less as of late given people’s work and family commitments. Not driven to dominate the world just play and have fun. Most of us have 4+ kids of our own and thus not racing to some end goal my hope is they lower cwl medals or raise the war ones as sc is providing a clear direction they are headed in terms of clan formula for success which in terms of lower clans means radical restructuring or starting over with new people and with 35 left from 3 years it defeats at least our reason to play— fun interesting friends found and formed I guess the moms in our group have made us soft lol
    But they arent showing a clear direction
    CWL is just one format within the game.
    CWL is completely different to regular war.
    The 2 arent linked. One is weight based, the other is performance.
    The only bases I am pushing for cwl, are those that are above the weight for regular.. mainly my rushed 12

It is natural they will take interest in cwl, as they are hoping it will lead to bigger things, with the world championships coming up.
    But that is simply for the elite clans.
    Everyone else brings what they have, for 1 week per month, and have a change of pace, with no pressure to succeed, and good rewards to boot.. Double daily loot, then medals at the end.

If you mean that you cant push into the higher tiers, then yes, you need to be 12s, but there are other tiers below, for mixed hall.
    The main difference between cwl and regular war has nothing to do with size tho..
    In regular, if you get your roster right, and have skilful players, then you can continue to win.
    In cwl, it doesnt matter how big you are, at some point you will start to win around half of the time, unless you belong to one of the super elite clans (or bottom of the pile).

They even allowed for clans to do regular war once sign up is finished, so that doesnt look like them pushing anybody in any shape or form.
    Heck, you can even do cwl in one clan, and regular war in another, if I read it right.

Thegreat sorry but you have not seen our matches there is zero a th8 and th9 can do against a th12 your cwl experiences are clearly very different than we have had. There is no skill building when most of clan gets zero stars. Honestly we are clueless how we got matched so high at start of cwl we all complained to customer service several said they agreed and gave us this link and said sc engineers read this but we have mostly found this board popular with the th12 clans so while I clearly understand your theory about how itís supposed to work our experience for a somewhat extended period of time has not be at all as you describe
    First of all, your first statement is patently false. Everything depends on defenses. I've seen 9s get two stars against 12s before, and tens 3* them. I myself in June's CWL 2* 12s twice with a th8. I also got zero stars a few times.

Second you're still focused on winning. It's not about winning it's about scoring stars. Sometimes that means you're going to have to try and eek out a star from a vastly superior opponent.

As for the rest of your post, You need to give more detail here. What tier did you start in? What were your top 15 when you started? What tier are you in now?

If you pulled in 10s, and 11s to the first cwl, but only started 8s and 9s that's part of the reason you were placed too high. At any level though you can get seriously outmatched. But without knowing more details i can't tell anything.

Finally and thank you. Our speed to max is driven by the frequency of play which is less as of late given peopleís work and family commitments. Not driven to dominate the world just play and have fun. Most of us have 4+ kids of our own and thus not racing to some end goal my hope is they lower cwl medals or raise the war ones as sc is providing a clear direction they are headed in terms of clan formula for success which in terms of lower clans means radical restructuring or starting over with new people and with 35 left from 3 years it defeats at least our reason to playó fun interesting friends found and formed I guess the moms in our group have made us soft lol
    There is nothing wrong with slow advancement. But you MUST understand that most people play the game at a faster speed. Therefore in CWL if you upgrade slower than most others you will find yourself outmatched and slowly move down in tiers. If this is the way you and your clan plays you're simply not going to win or be as competitive in CWL. that's why i was trying to explain to you that you are going to have to change your views and approach to CWL. that or simply don't do it. If you don't care about the speed at which you progress your accounts, not doing CWL at all is no big deal.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:33 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Ajax thanks for your helpfulness. I see you now. In response why come here? Only because customer service sent us here with a link saying a lot of people had contacted them with similar issues and sc would handle here. I guess they were not right. Secondly you seemed surprised we can win and everyone is “holding back” I assume you have some standard pace we must play or number of gems we must buy etc? We war we rotate players and we upgrade to next th when done we only war 10-15 mostly lots including therefore sit out wars but I guess we don’t fit in. I let customer service know when they get below th12 questions this is not the right link. Thanks to the couple of guys who offered suggestions good luck to you guys

OP - are you still in this clan:

TheFireClan
    #8YVQCJJG

If so, looks like you are a clan with a couple of TH12's, and in Gold League for CWL.

I wonder - did you include the TH12's in your initial search for CWL, and get placed in too high of a league?

Either way, hopefully you have managed to get demoted to a level you feel comfortable with, and are able to enjoy CWL. Good luck!