Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I will miss you guys even more than I miss 80's movies and Skinny Jeans

  1. #101
    Millennial Club Tahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Phew....for one minute I was worried the forums had forgotten where the Salt was. I'll miss you too SyMi.

    Thanks for all the kind messages people it's genuinely a nice testament to show how a real community has developed here over the years.

    Stay Frosty.
    Although I've already left my goodbye/gratitude message to you, I do have one final question. What advice would you give to either the current mods or upcoming mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If a wheel fell off your canoe, how much pancake mix would it take to shingle your roof?

  2. #102
    Forum All-Star Damiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Posts
    4,323
    I've not commented on these forums as much in the last few months and perhaps posted maybe one or two posts as oppose to the many, many posts I used to make daily.

    I do however still frequent the forums even if a lot less vocal nowadays.

    But there is no way I could not comment to this thread. Holps, you always made me smile with your posts. Your way of words and your ability to make a point (even if it was a stern point) in a light hearted way is unequaled on these forums and many a poster (and mod) could do well to note and learn from how you always managed to diffuse situations with your calmness and funny and witty tone such that many threads were allowed to continue to run when others might have just shut them down.

    I always enjoyed reading your posts more than any other.

    I personally would loved to have met you on a personal level over a beer. I'm pretty sure you are just as much the same in person as what you show people you are here on these forums. A genuinely nice guy.

    Hope you enjoy your retirement. You'll be sorely missed around these parts cowboy.
    Last edited by Damiz; July 17th, 2019 at 12:42 PM.

  3. #103
    Illuminati SkyValker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    At the 19th hole
    Posts
    666
    I've always had a huge amount of respect and gratitude to the Moderators. They do their best, in sometimes trying conditions, and do it out of the goodness of their heart, for the love of the game.

    But Holps, you were always that little step up with your posts. Always there with a witty comment to explain yourself, or keep the tone lighthearted enough to know that it was a gentle and well-intentioned warning.

    I have had the very occasional pleasure of chatting with you in some Forum clans, and watching some of your raids. Both were entertaining....

    You will be missed as you ride off into the sunset, and I'd like to add my thanks for all that you have done for the Forums.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Ade570's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    I've not commented on these forums as much in the last few months and perhaps posted maybe one or two posts as oppose to the many, many posts I used to make daily.

    I do however still frequent the forums even if a lot less vocal nowadays.

    But there is no way I could not comment to this thread. Holps, you always made me smile with your posts. Your way of words and your ability to make a point (even if it was a stern point) in a light hearted way is unequaled on these forums and many a poster (and mod) could do well to note and learn from how you always managed to diffuse situations with your calmness and funny and witty tone such that many threads were allowed to continue to run when others might have just shut them down.

    I always enjoyed reading your posts more than any other.

    I personally would loved to have met you on a personal level over a beer. I'm pretty sure you are just as much the same in person as what you show people you are here on these forums. A genuinely nice guy.

    Hope you enjoy your retirement. You'll be sorely missed around these parts cowboy.
    Exactly what I wanted to say but didn't know how.

    Six years and counting! How did I let this happen?

  5. #105
    Senior Member Berg39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    225
    Say it ain't so!!! Holps, you will be dearly missed. My near daily routine was scanning Twister's profile...always clicking on your posts. Not only for your witty banter and retorts, but also knowing that the thread would contain worthy discussion....or raging hellfire, both of which are entertaining.

    Sorry to see you go. Happy Trails!

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #106
    Cowboy Holps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Don't tell anyone but Frodo is taller than Lach.
    Posts
    8,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Although I've already left my goodbye/gratitude message to you, I do have one final question. What advice would you give to either the current mods or upcoming mods?

    Honestly..they really do not need advice from me if anything it would be the other way around.....however....now you've given me the excuse......

    Raindragon - Always remember there are other troops besides Dragons and adding 4 balloons does not make it a new strategy!

    Sharky - Leave the jokes to us Brits. Focus on detective work and being the scourge of Alt Accounts. When we want humour we'll send for Seinfeld.

    Kat - Stop watching Bohemian Rhapsody three times a week. Freddie is Dead. We all miss him too.

    Bakunin -
    Practise shrugging. It is so much healthier than being angry. If Trump learned to shrug the world would be a happier place. Apathy is the new Passion.

    Cowslips - Remember you can still buy red wine in small glasses. It is only beer where half pints is illegal.

    Smolson - It is never too late to be rock star. Grow the hair, stop washing and greatness will follow.

    IloveHaydDay - No advice..She's practically perfect in every way.

    Sneaky Maori - (I gave him his advice in secret. He is very covert)

    Lach - I didn't have the heart to tell you in Helsinki but sleeping in a Gro bag is not going to help.

    Twister - Stop going to bed early. All the best people come out after dark.

    Ajax - Stop being so subtle. Speak your mind and stop pulling those punches!

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #107
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    You'll Have To Find Another No One....
    Posts
    3,273
    I am not angry. I used to be.

    Take care Holps - all the best.


  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #108
    Raindragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Curled up atop my nest
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Honestly..they really do not need advice from me if anything it would be the other way around.....however....now you've given me the excuse......

    Raindragon - Always remember there are other troops besides Dragons and adding 4 balloons does not make it a new strategy!

    Other troops? Oh! You mean those weird little characters that are there to feed the dragons? Who would want to use those silly little things? Stick with what’s cool. I thought you knew that strategy?

    The Dragon is a mighty flying unit that can attack both ground and air targets.

    (Temp change supporting Forum Elite VII. Come join in the fun!)



  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Honestly..they really do not need advice from me if anything it would be the other way around.....however....now you've given me the excuse......

    Cowslips - Remember you can still buy red wine in small glasses. It is only beer where half pints is illegal.
    Buy? Do I ever buy?

    Thanks for bringing fun to the forum.

    All the very best to you!

    Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51


  10. #110
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    somewhere in the dark
    Posts
    101
    All the best for you, Holps! I have certainly enjoyed reading your posts. People who can make you smile as well as think are rare.

    Take care!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •