Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Change of position of sc

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    but how would the builder base community feel if a requirement to upgrade to BH9 was that the Barbarian King in your main village was a minimum of level 60? im guessing they wouldnt like it. but that is exactly what SC have done with the 6th builder. You can only have the 6th builder iof you play the builder base and have certain parts at a very high level.

its a very clever business strategy but a little under hand imo.

Happy Clashing
    SC have done exactly that with the gear ups. The BH community needs to have at least a TH10 and a mortar lvl (I guess 8) so that they could get there second builder. That is the other side of the coin.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Here you go
    That quote really proves that they didn’t change their stance. This talks about a game play advantage perspective and not a progression advantage. When the extra builder is mostly just a progression advantage.

Furthermore this quote also talks about minimal advantages and not to have severe disadvantages. (Both aren’t exactly 0 either)
    An extra builderhut is pretty minimal to that effect. In a later post of Darian in that same thread he said it was unwanted that players would have “game breaking advantages”. An extra builder and progression advantage isn’t in that category of game breaking advantages.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; July 11th, 2019 at 09:16 AM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Forum Veteran
    What changes?
    Builder Base was setted up to force ppl. who play (and enjoy) a popular game, also to play (and spend money) on another game!
    No matter what kind of PR balderdash excuse they fudge.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    SC have done exactly that with the gear ups. The BH community needs to have at least a TH10 and a mortar lvl (I guess 8) so that they could get there second builder. That is the other side of the coin.
    They are not forcing BB players to play the main game which don't have any shortcomings like Builder base does.BB have have many shortcoming as Edy has mentioned here:
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    - no variety of bases
    - stupid AI of units on occasions
    - suicidal battle machine
    - units walking around destroyed (invisible) walls
    - pathing
    - 5 walls together in pack
    - loot paywall
    - Otto’s requirements
    - same meta
    - no surrender option
    - sneaky archers
    - etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    That quote really proves that they didn’t change their stance. This talks about a game play advantage perspective and not a progression advantage. When the extra builder is mostly just a progression advantage.

Furthermore this quote also talks about minimal advantages and not to have severe disadvantages. (Both aren’t exactly 0 either)
    An extra builderhut is pretty minimal to that effect. In a later post of Darian in that same thread he said it was unwanted that players would have “game breaking advantages”. An extra builder and progression advantage isn’t in that category of game breaking advantages.
    Say whatever you want.Having an extra builder is not minimal advantage.It speed up one's progress by 20% which have give huge advantage to players in CWL where base progression matters regardless of war weight.
    Now saying that gemmers also have the same advantage is completely different thing.They are how SC earn money and keep the game alive for all f2p players.So they deserve that advantage.But giving advantage to someone who plays that crappy builder base in home village is not fair.

That quote really proves that they didnít change their stance. This talks about a game play advantage perspective and not a progression advantage. When the extra builder is mostly just a progression advantage.
    but having an additional building is still not an advantage?
    for me there is a big advantage in having one more building that you cant get without playing bb.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; July 11th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    This and this precisely.

Iím not going to go with the semantics game again with several forumers here stating that 6th builder is not much of a big deal which doesnít provide that much advantage when clearly maxing your base (and heroes) faster and having that upper hand in CWL is huge advantage. Iím just done with that.

SC made a game within a game which is in my opinion not as popular as they wanted it to be and have to ďforceĒ players to hit that boat somehow, so 6th builder was a nice solution for them.

I really love seeing the statement they keep bringing here saying that quite a few people play BH - no question about it:

3 attacks a day and Iím done
    Collect gems
    Builderís clan games
    Events
    Season challenges

And now trying to get O.T.T.O

- if all of this shows them many players play and enjoy BH, so be it, but then Iíd suggest a new system of analysis.

On more than several occasions people here suggested things that could be improved, changed, modified, while vast majority fell on deaf ears, over time making people dislike or in cases hate BH.

Iíll pick just few:

- no variety of bases
    - stupid AI of units on occasions
    - suicidal battle machine
    - units walking around destroyed (invisible) walls
    - pathing
    - 5 walls together in pack
    - loot paywall
    - Ottoís requirements
    - same meta
    - no surrender option
    - sneaky archers
    - etc.

Iím pretty sure if BH was made more appealing, ďbugsĒ fixed and generally made better, people would probably actually enjoy playing it more.

Please donít take this as a rant, Iím done with that too, Iím just making an observation here.
    Spot on! Well done Sir!

If only SC could reflect on this rather than always make the SC hamster wheel spin faster.

Pro Member
    They are not forcing BB players to play the main game which don't have any shortcomings like Builder base does.BB have have many shortcoming as Edy has mentioned here:

Wait one the one hand you say you are force to play BH to get the 6th builder but one the other hand you say the BH community is not forced to play main for there second. You know that they have to do all gear ups. Be fair here SC force both sides to play the other side up to a level

Say whatever you want.Having an extra builder is not minimal advantage.It speed up one's progress by 20% which have give huge advantage to players in CWL where base progression matters regardless of war weight.
    Now saying that gemmers also have the same advantage is completely different thing.They are how SC earn money and keep the game alive for all f2p players.So they deserve that advantage.But giving advantage to someone who plays that crappy builder base in home village is not fair.

So the 20% or 25% also read here is very theoretical it will only work like that if you have always the loot ready if a builder gets free. And the 25% would only apply if you would pump the same amount of loot in walls as before. That means you need to generate 20-25% more loot every day. Some might be able to do so but I am sure the majority will not

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #38

It still remains ďjustĒ a progression advantage. People who gem everything have a 100% progression advantage over those that donít and thatís always been the case. And itís exactly the same thing if you look at it objectively.
    People who buy a gold pass every month have a similar huge progression advantage over those who donít.
    People who are crazy active have a similar progression advantage over casuals who have something idle on occasions.
    There are also people out there who reached a max base with only 4 builders.

At the end of the day everyone gets the exact same base and itís not an advantage where certain people can have extra troops, defenses or levels to something.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    So the 20% or 25% also read here is very theoretical it will only work like that if you have always the loot ready if a builder gets free. And the 25% would only apply if you would pump the same amount of loot in walls as before. That means you need to generate 20-25% more loot every day. Some might be able to do so but I am sure the majority will not
    Who want, they that do easy. For me generate 20-25 % it's easy, 1 - 2 h more boost. Pf
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; July 11th, 2019 at 10:05 AM.
    "Here" - Could be Your advertisement

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    It still remains “just” a progression advantage. People who gem everything have a 100% progression advantage over those that don’t and that’s always been the case. And it’s exactly the same thing if you look at it objectively.
    People who buy a gold pass every month have a similar huge progression advantage over those who don’t.
    People who are crazy active have a similar progression advantage over casuals who have something idle on occasions.
    There are also people out there who reached a max base with only 4 builders.

At the end of the day everyone gets the exact same base and it’s not an advantage where certain people can have extra troops, defenses or levels to something.
    Yep its just a huge progression advantage.
    As I said earlier those who pay deserve to have advantage as they keep the game alive but builder base players don't need that huge progression advantage.
    Similarly those who play more main base deserve to have advantage in main base so active players having advantage over not so active ones is justified.