Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Change of position of sc

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    It's an observation many see and make.... yet we're being told we're wearing the wrong glasses or something. Kinda weird if you ask me [but that must be those same glasses getting in the way again].
    Since he was talking about gear-ups, maybe he meant "gameplay" advantage, instead of "progress" advantage?

We have progress advantage since the beginning with gems, and now with gold pass.
    Don't get me started how HUGE is the gold pass advantage for builder base players..

But this time, instead of spending money or gems, we could get the "progress" advantage by playing the game.

Anyway, even if SC really did change position on this, i doubt we'll get the explanation of "why".

Their explanation of why the new builder is not directly purchasable by gems is all we got.. But you could still indeed purchase it by spending lotsa gems on those O.T.T.O requirements if you want..
    Last edited by vlix; July 11th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

i personally didn't play bb much , was more interested in main village
    6th builder - I was requesting this for a long time now.
    I have started to rush my bb on all accounts in order to unlock otto.
    my suggestion to all other clashers who didnt play much bb(except, during challenges and clan games) and want otto , why dont u start playing bb now before it is too late
    SC did what they had to do , they wont go back and make things easier(by reducing otto requirement,increasing loot etc) for us to get that otto.

Many players (myself included) were genuinely concerned from the beginning of BHB, that not playing BHB 'could' disadvantage a main base player in terms of strength (offensively or defensively).

I'm still not a fan of BHB, but I honestly don't see the arrival of O.T.T.O as being anything more than another progression tool, just like books, hammers and potions.

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the simple reason SC changed their stance on the builder base is because not as many people play it "properly" as they expected and continued with just the main base. Many people i know just work on the builder base to support clan games.

so How can SC get more people to play the builder base... by offering incentives (some would say forcing) to players through making a link to the main base.

i get that some players like the builder base and thats cool, we are all different. but how would the builder base community feel if a requirement to upgrade to BH9 was that the Barbarian King in your main village was a minimum of level 60? im guessing they wouldnt like it. but that is exactly what SC have done with the 6th builder. You can only have the 6th builder iof you play the builder base and have certain parts at a very high level.

its a very clever business strategy but a little under hand imo.

Happy Clashing
    Indeed it is an incentive, nothing more or less. No one still is forcing you to play there, and the incentive is not that huge.

Comparing it with the possibility to upgrade to BH9 is different though: It would block progress on one base if you did not have that progress on the other. That is not the case now: You can progress just as well without maxing the BB, you just get to do it a bit faster if you get OTTO unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by vlix View Post
    Since he was talking about gear-ups, maybe he meant "gameplay" advantage, instead of "progress" advantage?
    faster progress is good but the point is an additional building on main base. yes it is a builderhut but it takes time to get it down. we cant get the additional building without playing bb and having all gear ups.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    SC just want to push a feature which is unpopular among many down the throat of them.They just want it to somehow become popular which isn't gonna happen.
    They said if they sold 6th builders for gems,people are gonna cry "Money Grab"
    Now they are forcing players to play BB and build and upgrade stuff that only a max Bh8 can get.Those with lower Bh will certainely be encouraged to gem things in order to get 6th builder fast.It's even bigger Money Grab by SC.They wanna earn by forcing players to play BB for 6th builder.
    I would have happily paid even 5k gems for 6th builder rather than playing that dumb side game that's being forced down our throat.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    faster progress is good but the point is an additional building on main base. yes it is a builderhut but it takes time to get it down. we cant get the additional building without playing bb and having all gear ups.
    Yes, additional building is indeed in the "gameplay" advantage category.

But SC also said "very minimal effect", and i believe a single builder hut is a very minimal advantage and not a "severe disadvantage".
    Last edited by vlix; July 11th, 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the simple reason SC changed their stance on the builder base is because not as many people play it "properly" as they expected and continued with just the main base. Many people i know just work on the builder base to support clan games.

so How can SC get more people to play the builder base... by offering incentives (some would say forcing) to players through making a link to the main base.

i get that some players like the builder base and thats cool, we are all different. but how would the builder base community feel if a requirement to upgrade to BH9 was that the Barbarian King in your main village was a minimum of level 60? im guessing they wouldnt like it. but that is exactly what SC have done with the 6th builder. You can only have the 6th builder iof you play the builder base and have certain parts at a very high level.

its a very clever business strategy but a little under hand imo.

Happy Clashing
    Builder base players are already forced to play home village and upgrade it to th10 just to unlock their 2nd builder (morter need to be geared up). No matter what you say player needs to play game in order to get rewards. Whether its 2nd builder for BH player or 6th builder for Home Player every one are forced and is fair and reasonable since builder is free you need to play.

Just wondering what the "huge" advantage is?

If I was a new th10 (who had already geared up the main village mortar,and had a max bh8 prior to the update it would help me max out to th12 quicker? Does having the sixth builder make walls upgrade by themselves? ( Walls don't matter/count lol).

I never had six builders (only 5 omg) and used to keep a builder free for walls through all town halls. I usually finished the walls before defences where complete. (Always did heroes first).

If I had a 6th builder,surely I would have had to raid more to keep the extra builder busy and complete defences earlier?

Would this not make doing walls even harder?

Would I not be left with a max defence base and lagging lab sooner?

Would I not then have gone up to th11 and th12 earlier with lower walls?

Would I then not be a max Def th12 with walls a wrecker can smash in 2 hits instead of 3 and a lab that hinders attack possibilities due to unleveled troops?

Or would I sit at each town hall level with underdeveloped walls with max defence being bored to death finishing walls?

Walls DO count. The number of time fails where troops are bashing on level 13 walls at the end of the raid is real and significant.

It's an in joke we use when our th12 players with level 11 walls are smashed for three with a few seconds on the clock left. It happens more than many would think.

So in my humble opinion,the sixth builder is not a significant advantage. It just encourages you to rush more and has its downside.

The sixth builder is zero advantage to me. With only walls left to do my builders snooze all day long. I suspect there are many th12s in this position. When th13 comes out, it might, slightly, speed up progress to have an extra builder, but not enough for me to feel very disadvantaged with only 5.

I’m not a huge fan of BB so I don’t play it much. Simples innit?