Thread: Limited release to select users for new features

Trainee

Limited release to select users for new features

I think it would be nice to have a group of farmers to be the first users of new features. They’d need to understand they won’t necessarily get any prizes (although some diamonds at the end might be nice). They’d need to understand that participation might require a week or two break from derby. They could try out the new feature before it goes out to everyone and find and report errors. I’m sure there’s QA done as developers finish bits of the feature. But having a team outside of SuperCell might help catch some errors which require a maintenance window and then results in giving away 5 diamonds to every farmer. You could get some good feedback about problems and ideas for things that might be incorporated into the feature.

I was a software designer before retiring from work, and I’d be interested in being on such a team. So hey, you’ve already got one volunteer!
    KIK me @ jbindallas
    Message me through Facebook, John Sarlay
    Hay Day Stats: Farm level = 98 Rep level for town = 32

Pro Member
    I think this is a great idea. I was willing to participate until you said I couldn't do the derby. I tried that one week.... it was not pretty.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I think this is a great idea. I was willing to participate until you said I couldn't do the derby. I tried that one week.... it was not pretty.
    Of course that part is completely optional. I’d expect that most people participating in an early release test are probably at or near (or probably above) level 100. Those people are probably able to do derby tasks more easily than other farmers. And each farmer can choose to opt-out on their own anyway.
    KIK me @ jbindallas
    Message me through Facebook, John Sarlay
    Hay Day Stats: Farm level = 98 Rep level for town = 32