Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I need help from a Clan in Champions I league

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    What you are basically saying is that if you have no problem with it, no one should.

For the record, I have no stake in this: I deleted every single thing that spawned on my base. However, I do try to understand how other people perceive the things that I take for granted. Could be an age issue, I am an old fart after all.
    I was referring to the fact that if it doesn't hurt anyone, don't stop it from happening. Kind of like how some people want to stop gay marriage from being legalized. Stop inserting yourself into other people's lives when it doesnt affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamila016 View Post
    Hello to everyone. First of all let me apologise for my english, as I'm not a native speaker it won't be perfect. Secondly, as you may know, I managed to get the statue with the help from someone from here, which clan was full of people who were very kind to me the few minutes I stayed there.
    And at last but not least I will give my opinion about this topic. I didn't want to make all this controversy. O just expected someone to help me or in the worst case, people like "omg noob get it by yourself". But I didn't expected this whole discussion at all.
    Anyway, with a lot of people talking about me without knowing, I will explain myself. I play CoC since september 2016. I'm not the kind of competitive player. I play for farming. I usually stay in gold/crystal league, and I use only gobblins, some wall breakers and lighting spells in my attacks. Looking for abandoned bases with good loot, and not caring about trophies (lately, as I got my heroes to max level, I started using normal armies and getting trophies for the sake of practising my attacks for cws). There are two things I like when I play CoC: upgrade everything, even the walls, and collecting special obstacles and decoration. In every game I play, I like to collect things.
    After all I read here, I'm thinking some of you are the ones obsesed with the statue, you are the ones who want to prove something. For me that statue is nothing more than another decoration in my collection. I'm a player that never spent a single penny in the game, I don't have money for it. I got everything I have by playing. So naturally I couldn't get the 'builder statue', for example. What's the spirit of that statue? 'The spirit of money' I guess? Just think about the heroes. I managed to get my Archer Queen to level 50, and see her with the golden crown and everything. And now? Since those 3D heroes were introduced, my queen looks the same that a level 1 queen. And I won't get a single skin because I can't pay that golden pass. So idk why you take something cosmetical and talk like it has a spirit. It doesn't. Any decoration or obstacle means nothing (just, some special obstacles mean for how long you have been playing). But how long have you been playing mean nothing as well. Because a newer player can be better than you, or pay a lot of money and have a max TH12 in one day, while for you took years.
    The only thing that does have a meaning, are the stats. Those can't be bought. Trophies, achievements and cw stars. That is what tells you if you are a good player or not.
    So, if there is something I can get to collect, without spending money, I'm going for it. As I went for that statue and I will go for the others. Because is the way I enjoy the game. Collecting things. And for the players who said I want to prove something: No I don't, and I don't want to compete against you, or tell you that you are less because you don't have it. I just wanted that statue, as I wanted any decoration. As I wanted those special purchase decorations, or heroes skins, but I couldn't get them. That's all I have to say. I don't want you to agree with my way of playing and my actions, I want you just to understand why I did what I did.
    Happy for you OP! Congrats on getting the decoration, and best wishes on collecting things!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypocharge View Post
    I was referring to the fact that if it doesn't hurt anyone, don't stop it from happening. Kind of like how some people want to stop gay marriage from being legalized. Stop inserting yourself into other people's lives when it doesnt affect you.
    I think you’re taking it too far now.

Fresh Spawn
    Why so? Is it against the terms and conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by VirajG View Post
    Why so? Is it against the terms and conditions?
    Nope, not at all and until supercell changes the game design to stop it(if they will ever do it which I'm nearly sure will never happen because it doesn't make sense) you can get it on as many on different accounts as you want
    Last edited by Saleh47; July 11th, 2019 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    Nope, not at all and until supercell changes the game design to stop it(if they will ever do it which I'm nearly sure will never happen because it doesn't make sense) you can get it on as many on different accounts!
    Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Many things in life are this way.

Hey , it’s a decoration. The op has saved his medals for it, asked to be let in to a masters clan to buy it, and he’s bought it. No-one died, no-one was even slightly inconvenienced. His medals, his choice, entirely within the rules, where’s the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Berg39 View Post
    Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Many things in life are this way.
    When I can get it I won't because decorations are not interesting for me in all their shapes and values. It is never should but the way this turned out is as if you shouldn't which is also not true. It isn't should/shouldn't but want or not and should stay like that imo

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Billius View Post
    Ajax was right as far as the spirit of the statue and what it represents, but Kamila016 did nothing wrong either.
    Ajax' post was based on his personal feelings about the statue. Personal feelings are just that. They are not right or wrong, they just are.

I mean, what exactly is the "spirit" and what does it represent? I've not seen anyone from SC discuss this topic at all. So, as such, the supposed "spirit" or what it "represents" is in any given person's mind. As far as SC is concerned the statue can be purchased by anyone who:

1. Has the medals
    AND
    2. Is in a clan in Ch1

That is it and that is all, so therefore that's what it represents. Any additional meaning imbued into the statue is done by the users and has no basis in reality.

I mean did anyone seriously not expect this sort of thing to happen when these statues were first announced?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamila016 View Post
    HI managed to get the statue with the help from someone from here
    Interesting discussion throughout, albeit with a few overreaching analogies. But since the OP got the statue already, there's not much sense in continuing the discussion.

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy