Thread: Mystery derby vs. Valley sun tasks

Mystery derby vs. Valley sun tasks

I think itís bad timing to have a Mystery derby during the Valley season. Much of my farm is tied up doing Valley sun tasks. For example, my crop fields are almost always full. If Iíve planted my fields with strawberries for a sun task, and I get a mystery task for planting crops, I wonít be able to begin it until my strawberries are finished. And when they are finished, Iíll have to give up working on my sun task in order to do the mystery task.

I think itís already too hard to collect enough suns for more than a few spins, and having a Mystery derby at the same time makes the problem a lot worse. I think the Mystery derby should be planned during the Valleyís off-season.

Yikes! This will be my first Mystery Derby, and I was already not looking forward to it. I think your point is valid. If we are going to have any fun managing our resources (after all, that’s the goal) we need to be able to juggle sun tasks and Derby tasks. Mystery tasks don’t fit into this. I agree, they could be scheduled during the off season. By the way...does anyone like​ the Mystery Derbies?

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Yikes! This will be my first Mystery Derby, and I was already not looking forward to it... By the way...does anyone like​ the Mystery Derbies?
    I’ve seen posts by people who enjoy the Mystery Derby, but I’m not one of them. I like to choose my own tasks, and I like to choose the timing of them. I’ve read about people taking a Mystery task before bedtime, only to find out that it expires in a few hours—so they either have to trash the task or stay up during the night to do it. The other potential nightmare for me is getting a specific-visitor town task, which I’d probably be unable to do as a solo player. (I’m unwilling to spend a lot of diamonds calling train after train until I get enough of the right visitor.)

I gave the Mystery Derby a try in the beginning, but I really disliked it. So now I avoid Mystery tasks and just take regular tasks. That means giving up on a trophy, but the top-3 prizes just aren’t worth the stress for me. The other downside is that the task board keeps generating Mystery tasks—usually 4 of them each time—so I have fewer non-Mystery tasks to choose from, and it takes a lot longer to get enough 320-point tasks. But I still find that preferable to taking Mystery tasks.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; July 9th, 2019 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I’ve seen posts by people who enjoy the Mystery Derby, but I’m not one of them. I like to choose my own tasks, and I like to choose the timing of them. I’ve read about people taking a Mystery task before bedtime, only to find out that it expires in a few hours—so they either have to trash the task or stay up during the night to do it. The other potential nightmare for me is getting a specific-visitor town task, which I’d probably be unable to do as a solo player. (I’m unwilling to spend a lot of diamonds calling train after train until I get enough of the right visitor.)

I gave the Mystery Derby a try in the beginning, but I really disliked it. So now I avoid Mystery tasks and just take regular tasks. That means giving up on a trophy, but the top-3 prizes just aren’t worth the stress for me. The other downside is that the task board keeps generating Mystery tasks—usually 4 of them each time—so I have fewer non-Mystery tasks to choose from, and it takes a lot longer to get enough 320-point tasks. But I still find that preferable to taking Mystery tasks.

If you need any extra town visitors, just PM me. I would be happy to pop by
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    If you need any extra town visitors, just PM me. I would be happy to pop by
    Thank you, Wussy! I really appreciate that .

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    By the way...does anyone like​ the Mystery Derbies?
    I LOVE the mystery derbies. Even if I get crud tasks, there is something exciting about diving into the unknown.

However as far as the valley goes... the mystery derby hasn't changed anything about the way I play the valley. I don't go anything over 100 sun fuel spin. I do all my task and only check the valley when I am on to see if there are chickens, broken trucks or group tasks.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    I don't particularly like Mystery Derby either, but just took it as a challenge before the Valley showed up. Now I just have to be really careful how to get those suns without affecting my Mystery Derby tasks! The Derby comes first for me as I am still learning about the Valley and the rewards from the Valley is worse than those from the Derby. So, I basically stop dropping lobster traps for the suns and dropped duck traps instead as they take less time. BUT....I didn't time it right and guess what Mystery Task I got (!?)....fishing...and my duck salon was full, so I could not place my ducks in the salon. It's not the end of the world...it just took longer to finish my fishing derby task. The other hoods are way slower than me.

I also stopped growing crops for suns 8 hrs before derby begins and planted 150 fields of strawberries in case I get a Sweets Combo.
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years