Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New hero levels (65/65/40) underwhelming and disappointing

Centennial Club

New hero levels (65/65/40) underwhelming and disappointing

So I have been playing around with all maxed heroes (65/65/40) since last week but honestly, I feel like they are way too underwhelming. Very different from what I was expecting when update came out.

I feel like the difference between lvl 60 and lvl 50 heroes was more drastic but its very hard to even notice any difference between 60 and 65. I know there are some additional DPS and HP but I think due to the massive fire power of maxed TH12 bases the improvement is so marginal, intangible and insignificant.

Even with 10 more levels of grand warden I was kinda expecting some "drastic" changes but I was absolutely wrong.... you can hardly feel the difference...honestly i thought the 3 star rate would rise quite a bit in all max TH12 wars but its actually turning out that the improvement is minimal...

thoughts ?
    Last edited by Neptune01; July 8th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.
    Fully maxed TH13, 70/70/50/20

If you were thinking that the new hero levels would turn most 2 stars into 3 stars then no...

But the numbers don't lie (probably). BK feels a bit tankier and AQ breaks things a bit faster. Especially big is the warden upgrade, and bowlers and witches feel significantly tankier in my spam attacks. In war my 3 star percentage has probably gone slightly up.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    If you were thinking that the new hero levels would turn most 2 stars into 3 stars then no...

But the numbers don't lie (probably). BK feels a bit tankier and AQ breaks things a bit faster. Especially big is the warden upgrade, and bowlers and witches feel significantly tankier in my spam attacks. In war my 3 star percentage has probably gone slightly up.
    Yea agree with you, as I said, there is "some" improvement but not what it was expected from a total of 20 new levels... it feels like going against a machine gun with 2 hand pistols instead of 1 ! lol
    Fully maxed TH13, 70/70/50/20

Bbeehhaappyy
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    Yea agree with you, as I said, there is "some" improvement but not what it was expected from a total of 20 new levels... it feels like going against a machine gun with 2 hand pistols instead of 1 ! lol
    from this post I understand where here problem : "but not what it was expected from a total of 20 new levels..." you can always expected what you want, and never stay happy bcz your expect to high ( but that's not bad )

I'm still upgrade hero on last 65 lvl, but warden have gemmed to 40 and feel it's better , more comfortable attack and more rate 3 while farming. But when I see first time 10 lvl add only 1 s, I expect .. yea, another upgrade and wait and not worth that so much how much long wait
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; July 8th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    So I have been playing around with all maxed heroes (65/65/40) since last week but honestly, I feel like they are way too underwhelming. Very different from what I was expecting when update came out.

I feel like the difference between lvl 60 and lvl 50 heroes was more drastic but its very hard to even notice any difference between 60 and 65. I know there are some additional DPS and HP but I think due to the massive fire power of maxed TH12 bases the improvement is so marginal, intangible and insignificant.

Even with 10 more levels of grand warden I was kinda expecting some "drastic" changes but I was absolutely wrong.... you can hardly feel the difference...honestly i thought the 3 star rate would rise quite a bit in all max TH12 wars but its actually turning out that the improvement is minimal...

thoughts ?
    For the king and queen, yes, 10 levels makes more of a difference than 5.

The warden is more complex. I have noticed him on defense being a decent threat to a queen walk.
    As for offense, what attacking strategy are you using? The change is probably not that much for strats like pekka smash where you pop the ability over the th. No matter what level, the ability will protect the troops from the giga. However, for troops like hogs and loons I have noticed a decent change,

I heard that the hit rates for champs 1 have gone from around 8% to around 12%. This may not seem like much but that is a 50% increase. The heroes are not a magic solution for triples but they do help. Also, they benefit multi stage attacks disproportionately which helps strategy.

Finally, remember that the defending heroes got buffed too.

Doesn't help that the heroes got dumber and spend more time attacking walls, then moving on to new walls...they have a weird fetish for walls now since the update, along with Giants, who in one attack stood at the same wall for over a minute just smacking away while everything else was moving to the other part of the base.

Pro Member
    While King and Queen new levels didn't add to much, Wardens ability got 1 more sec!
    And Its huge difference when dealing with the explosion of the TH12 and I really happy they did it

Banned
    I totally agree. I am fed up of posting that hero's AI has detoriated after the update but my threads are getting closed by saying it's the "desired behavior". I think i made a fool of myself by updating the heroes so fast by gemming/using books. what's the use when are additional levels are useless. Really irritated / frustrated / angry on SC's bluff. what a shame.

Centennial Club
    warden ability seems to last absolutely forever now - its great

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silvr View Post
    warden ability seems to last absolutely forever now - its great
    I agree on that but the from AI perspective he has become dumber .