Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicken valley question

Chicken valley question

I need a chicken for my daily tasks.

As far as I know you can get them different ways:
    - completing a group task that will reward you a chicken if 3 people complete it on time
    - finding it random on the road
    - finding it on the chain of your daily tasks

But there are no chicken group tasks, I dont see chickens on the map and there isnt a chicken on the chain... so how do I get a chicken then? Is there a way or am I just not able to complete my daily tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    I need a chicken for my daily tasks.

As far as I know you can get them different ways:
    - completing a group task that will reward you a chicken if 3 people complete it on time
    - finding it random on the road
    - finding it on the chain of your daily tasks

But there are no chicken group tasks, I dont see chickens on the map and there isnt a chicken on the chain... so how do I get a chicken then? Is there a way or am I just not able to complete my daily tasks?
    chickens are pesky little creatures. They sit on different roads at different times. I find that if you enter the valley, even just to look, every couple of hours, youíre going to spot one somewhere. Sometimes itís way too far away to gas it over there, but often itís nearby. Be careful though because the nearer it is, the harder it is to spot it since it wonít have a chicken head (can I just say those are creepy?) dialog box.

Also be careful of screaming chickens (in life and in the game) because sometimes that group task is done already and the chicken is still screaming. If your close enough to tap on the building do so and see if the third slot is empty, which means youíd be the one collecting the chicken, and would fulfill your daily task.

otherwise, and this is my first recommendation, wait for the daily tasks to reset.
    Last edited by Aardvark10; July 8th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark10 View Post
    Also be careful of screaming chickens (in life and in the game) because sometimes that group task is done already and the chicken is still screaming. If your close enough to tap on the building do so and see if the third slot is empty, which means you’d be the one collecting the chicken, and would fulfill your daily task.
    I thought all 3 people would get a chicken if the task is done.

The chickens go into a communal pot. Regardless of who collects it, the count in the shop goes up. However, I think that for the daily task, you would only get credit if it’s a chicken added to the pot by you. Good luck! Aardvark’s advice is spot on; especially the part about the nearby chickens popping up and being hard to spot.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

yes, and miniG is right too - the chicken will go into the pot, but only the third person gets credit for having added it there. If you’re first or second contributor when the third person finishes the group building it will say “chicken collected by others” as it drifts into the pot.

Oh that is a big let down, why not have all three people get a personal chicken win.

There is no counter of personal chicken. The counter is for the whole Valley, not personal.

I wouldn't say that only the 3rd person get credited for the chicken, the formulation is misleading.

In one of my recent daily quest, I need to collect a chicken (roadside, quest or group request). When the last person completed a group order request I did earlier (still online), all these notifications came up:
    - daily quest completed
    - x1 chicken collected by others
    - x1 chicken collected

--> for this daily quest, I don't need to be the last one of the group to get chicken.

Good to hear meonhoc!

A question...once I have completed my order for a group chicken, do I have to wait at that building for 2 other vans to come along and do their bit? I was the first to arrive. Or can I just leave and go elsewhere? I've got fuel to use, places to go, people to see...
    Level 80. Proud member of Of Chill Reputations

You can go pick another chicken.

Currently player has no idea whether a group order request completed was later fulfilled by all players required. Only one who hasn't completed it can tell.

Some UI improvements would be nice.