Thread: Question about base designs and copyright strikes/claims!?

Centennial Club

Question about base designs and copyright strikes/claims!?

So I know this is a strange question, but I was having a discussion with someone and wanted an answer. So I offer base design reviews on my YouTube channel, I source the various bases from websites, Facebook groups, in game chat etc. and I review them on my channel. From time to time you end up posting a base that another channel has already covered and might have even designed - could this be viewed as a copyright strike? Inadvertently using someone else’s bases design and it coming across as your own (I always say I’m not the original designer). Anyways, someone started an argument and said I should take down a video because another well known channel had already used that design or come up with it. So just after some advice. Thanks!

Boring answer to an interesting question.

Interesting except ...

"Supercell owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in Supercell games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Supercell game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Supercell, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.'" - TOS.

For at least the last two decades, defining who has the rights to user submitted and user created content has been TOS writing 101.