Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to barn problem

Solution to barn problem

I don't know how many of you have ever been on a real farm. Every time I have to go to my barn and find it filled with food, building materials, tools, silage etc I want to throw up. Seriously, food in a barn???? Sorry, I digress.
    How about a shed to hold our building materials and tools? Like a real farm would have. Yes, I know this is a game.
    If you were to establish a shed my thoughts (unrealistically) level 20 could store 30, level 50 could store 100, level 100 could store ??? OR better yet the shed could be unlimited. Or it could be for the food. Or you could add a summer kitchen to the farmhouse for food, produce etc.
    Find an old (or not so old) farm wife and ask her, we are full of ideas. 😃

Banned
    Many people want this but the team doesnít want to listen to the community.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueFan View Post
    Many people want this but the team doesn’t want to listen to the community.
    Just because an idea is not implemented does not mean the team is not listening.

See the must read sticky: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-and-requests

The shed would likely also require tools needing to be stored, adding to resource management headaches.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; July 7th, 2019 at 02:03 AM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

Millennial Club
    You have no idea how many people want or don’t want this. Yes it’s been asked for many times but not all of the people who have replied are in favour.
    Last edited by Connemara; July 7th, 2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    Just because an idea is not implemented does not mean the team is not listening.

See the must read sticky: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-and-requests

The shed would likely also require tools needing to be stored, adding to resource management headaches.
    To my point. This was made in 2014 and it would be nice to hear from the team from their point of view on this topic along with other controversial topics. But we havenít gotten an AMA for a while now and I rarely see comments from developers about our great idea in this section.
    Last edited by MGoBlueFan; July 7th, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

I love this. I’ve been thinking this since I started playing this game. I grew up on a farm. Never once did we store pies, soup, sugar, etc. in a barn. I keep thinking this game is by people who grew up in the city. Only saw a cow from a book or what a teacher showed them at school. I love playing this game and I know it’s a game but maybe a little realism. Makes me smile.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyboxerboy View Post
    I love this. I’ve been thinking this since I started playing this game. I grew up on a farm. Never once did we store pies, soup, sugar, etc. in a barn. I keep thinking this game is by people who grew up in the city. Only saw a cow from a book or what a teacher showed them at school. I love playing this game and I know it’s a game but maybe a little realism. Makes me smile.
    There is very little realism in this game and that’s the way it’s meant to be.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Pro Member
    I am NOT in favor of this idea.
    At one point in time I was in favor of something like this but then I realized. A shed or second barn or food storage would require tools to upgrade.
    I don't want another building that I have to upgrade.
    Low level farmers already have enough trouble coming up with tools to upgrade their barn and silo.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyboxerboy View Post
    Realism? If that’s what you’re after then Hay Day is not the game for you. I’m sure the SC staff know that IRL food isn’t all-stored in a barn, they also know pigs don’t have a sauna treatment & provide bacon! They might be city slickers but they’re not stupid!

or maybe they have a better understand of how a resource management game needs balancing. Many of us do NOT think it’s a good idea because of things people have mentioned. Another building to expand, more things need collecting then people would want separate storage for those items...and on & on.

if it’s too easy people will stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanfromcanada View Post
    I don't know how many of you have ever been on a real farm. Every time I have to go to my barn and find it filled with food, building materials, tools, silage etc I want to throw up. Seriously, food in a barn???? Sorry, I digress.
    How about a shed to hold our building materials and tools? Like a real farm would have. Yes, I know this is a game.
    If you were to establish a shed my thoughts (unrealistically) level 20 could store 30, level 50 could store 100, level 100 could store ??? OR better yet the shed could be unlimited. Or it could be for the food. Or you could add a summer kitchen to the farmhouse for food, produce etc.
    Find an old (or not so old) farm wife and ask her, we are full of ideas. 
    Resource Management Game. Not ‘realistic farming replication’ - Thankfully the game developers are more interested in making the game good than creating some online farming experience.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Count me as a no vote as well. If game was too easy, it would get boring. At my level, it is boring now since i have a large barn, silo, and more coins than one could possibly use. I am grateful for the valley. Most days, that is the only reason I sign on (derby done in one or two days)