Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Clan's Rise and Decline

We are not having a positive experience this CWL. Nothing like prima donna th 12s fighting and leaving. First time in the history of the clan I've just told the guys to do whatever and get the most you can. Lost some of the new recruits with that. Oh well. Still have my good core.
    Leader
    BORN TO WIN ec
    #L2YP89RU

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    We are not having a positive experience this CWL. Nothing like prima donna th 12s fighting and leaving. First time in the history of the clan I've just told the guys to do whatever and get the most you can. Lost some of the new recruits with that. Oh well. Still have my good core.
    Dang. No one told me that I could be a prima Donna since I'm a 12. Going to have to try it. . Sorry it's happened to you. I've had to boot some that thought being 12 meant something more than being part of a team.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

It's so hard to find good clanmates. Even more so when your clan is going through a rough stretch. The type of people you want in your clan are looking for stronger clans. I know the struggle.

It’s my clans’ very first time in crystal league. We are doing fine but this is where we stay. No need to go up since we’ll have similar experiences to OP’s. We have 3 th12s, but 2 are rushed. I also wasn’t in the war so far since I’ve been on vacation. I pull off consistent 3 star attacks so that may be a factor (yeah dream on zeldagod). I need to be in since I need 20 more king lvls and 15 more queen lvls to max heroes. Considering I was a th9 with 7-5 heroes that’s pretty darn good.

Centennial Club
    Master 2 vs Master 3 is a very big step! For 30vs30 war, master 3 have about 12 th12 vs Master 2 have about 20 th12. My clan drop back to Master 3 last cwl too. Because we lost 5 th12.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio363 View Post
    You should just find a right league for your clan,that's all.
    The issue is, once you're in (too high) you're stuck. It can take half a year if not a lot longer to drop to the appropriate level; heck if you try to win at all you'll end up getting 3rd from the bottom and just get stuck in perpetual lose without dropping, that's month in and month out of trying to keep moral up while losing and as that happens you lose more and more "good" player so what was the target league becomes a moving (dropping) target.

If you could reset and get replaced at the start of a new cwl (or maybe every couple cwls) by what you have in your clan now, it wouldn't be as destructive to clans who are finding themselves in the wrong league after a roster shift.
    Last edited by Tvsever; July 6th, 2019 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvsever View Post
    The issue is, once you're in (too high) you're stuck. It can take half a year to drop to the appropriate level, that's month in and month out of trying to keep moral up while losing and as that happens you lose more and more "good" player so what was the target league becomes a moving (dropping) target.

If you could reset and get replaced at the start of a new cwl (or maybe every couple cwls) by what you have in your clan now, it wouldn't be as destructive to clans who are finding themselves in the wrong league after a roster shift.
    Very well said. Cwl isn’t perfect, once clans fall apart, it takes that clan forever to win again. Keep your head up, OP, you’ll get better, trust me.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Very well said. Cwl isn’t perfect, once clans fall apart, it takes that clan forever to win again. Keep your head up, OP, you’ll get better, trust me.
    heh thanks, i'm not the op though, joining in w/a rant :P

inertia

businesses go through this all the time. it's called "inertia"

new business (clan) takes off, does well, expands. then it reaches a point of being bloated. profits (interest, activity) level off and start to decline. now it splinters off and key elements take their experience and knowledge to start their own "leaner, meaner, hungrier" version. some of those spinoffs succeed, some fail

it is how a business (clan) manages this stage of inertia that determine if it survives in smaller form or disappears completely

self-correction

make a new clan just for cwl. have a th3 leader that keeps it open between seasons. put your current cwl roster in this clan and get re-seeded for your current weight. you can still hop over to your main clan for donation perks and normal activity. heck, just jump into your cwl reset clan to do your 1 daily attack

in your main clan, plug in 15 low-level minies and don't attack. just give up 55 stars every war (45 for bases, 10 for the win) to every opponent in your group

eventually your new clan will settle where you are comfortable and your old clan will drop to that league tier as well. at that point you can resume cwl in your main clan at the self-corrected level

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    We've seen our clan rise and now are heading down like a speeding bullet.

We started out by holding out one of our town hall 11s to get a lower ranking. From there, we won a lot.

October: 1st Place Crystal 3
    November: 1st Place Crystal 2
    December: 1st Place Crystal 1
    January: 2nd Place Masters 3
    February: 1st Place Masters 2

We hit March and that's where the decline started. We had maybe 9 Town Hall 12s on our roster and now we were facing off with clans with 14 or 15 town hall 12s. We were absolutely destroyed in Master's league 1. It was a big battle to prevent from coming in 8th place. It came down to the final attack and we came in 7th. Even though we had been destroyed in every round, that final round made it worth while.

Since then, We've seen a decline. We lost a really solid town hall 12 player who went inactive. We lost another person who was town hall 12 who just went somewhere else. Of our five town hall 11 people, only one of them is now a town hall 12 and just barely last week. So, our people are not as progressing as fast as other clans. And, everyone is doing these Electro attacks... and they aren't really doing the electro attacks very well.... At some point, they watched a video on how to do them. But, the whole point of what they are doing has been lost.

You get these people who are super busy doing real life things and they come in at a critical moment... They do their attack... ignoring any comments which have been made. They say "Whoops... I got 1 star again" and log off.

So....

April: 4th Place Masters 2
    May: 5th Place Masters 2
    june: 6th Place Masters 2

Right now: Currently 8th place in Masters 2. We are dead last. We have 10 Town Hall 12s. Every other clan has more than us right now and many clans have 15 town hall 12s. I totally get that we need to progress faster. But, it is really discouraging.

I really think we are going to drop out of Masters League entirely.
    Rushing leagues in CWL is in the same likeness to rushing your townhall. it can take a long time to recover from and can actually be quite easy to do. As a leader, having a knowledge of your clans strength and it abilities is extremely important in managing your league position.

There are certain things to pay attention to when deciding whether or not to push for the next league.

- How competitive are your members?
    - Are they skilled attackers?
    -Are you recruiting members that will be able to compete at the next level of competition?

It sounds like you are having trouble retaining competitive members, possibly because the standards of the clan arent at the level of competition you are competing against.

Player retention is at the heart of this issue. Some losses cannot be controlled. But knowing your clan and being able to accurately assess its overall strength, goes miles in being able to set expectations and goals for the clan to push for. I run a very casual clan, so my goals are a little different, but if I were running a competitive clan like a clan competing in masters league, then I certainly would not be lenient towards players running spam attacks and not communicating with the team.

There are plenty of clans out there just like yours losing competitive members because of poor clan management. Instead of dropping leagues with a losing mentality, I say you should get on your recruiting.