Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades

Fresh Spawn

Upgrades

Its been such a long time I wanted to discuss this topic but couldnt get myself to do it. Upgrades are too long lets face it. I think it is counterproductive to the economics of this game. I am usually very active and dont mind throwing gems to speed up reasonable times but 10 days? Really? So here is what I do: i use all my builders for "heavy" upgrades and then for ten days shut down the game. Literally forgetting it even exists on my phone. After 3 days I forget about this game and it takes a while for me to get back and play it. So for 10 days Supercell doesnt mind to put a player on the bleechers.

Supercell, it might be counterintuitive to you but long upgrades do nothing but alineate players. Reduce the ridiculous upgrade times and training times as well. I would suggest a 5-7 days upgrade maximum not 10-12 or even 14 days - that is plenty of time for your game to become irrelevant on our devices
    Last edited by sextant; July 5th, 2019 at 07:49 AM.

Pro Member
    Entitled to your Opinion Sextant

there were several updates with time reductions. last heavy time reduce happened in spring update 2019.

Centennial Club
    I wonder what OP's TH level is. My guess is around TH10, considering he or she talks about 10 days. A few years ago I would have agreed. But now? I need to really stay active to keep 5 builders busy. Comparing this with other games I also believe 5 builders is great. Furthermore there are hammers, builder potions and books that help you upgrade fast.

Lastly, putting 5 builders at work and closing the game? I guess all walls are done? From a planning perspective that makes no sense. 5 builders free at the same time and you will never be able to be put them to work again immediately without some significant farming, or runes.

All in all, I believe OP may need to revisit how to use his/her builders.

why dont we just have the situation

Download game.. Oh im maxed town hall 12!

the duration of upgrades is perfectly balanced. 4-5 builders vs looting and collecting resources means you can keep builders busy and still have enough for other players to steal from you.. thats the economy of the game

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sextant View Post
    Its been such a long time I wanted to discuss this topic but couldnt get myself to do it. Upgrades are too long lets face it. I think it is counterproductive to the economics of this game. I am usually very active and dont mind throwing gems to speed up reasonable times but 10 days? Really? So here is what I do: i use all my builders for "heavy" upgrades and then for ten days shut down the game. Literally forgetting it even exists on my phone. After 3 days I forget about this game and it takes a while for me to get back and play it. So for 10 days Supercell doesnt mind to put a player on the bleechers.

Supercell, it might be counterintuitive to you but long upgrades do nothing but alineate players. Reduce the ridiculous upgrade times and training times as well. I would suggest a 5-7 days upgrade maximum not 10-12 or even 14 days - that is plenty of time for your game to become irrelevant on our devices
    First of all builder planning is part of the game.

So how many builders do you have? And you telling here you can do ~60 million gold in a day to get all 5 builders working on heavy updates and then do not log in for 10 days sorry I can not believe that.

There where several time reductions over the years. It is the fact that most time SC adds a new lvl to the max th they adjust in most case the lower lvl times a little

Forum Superstar
    I'm okay with the longer upgrade times but wouldn't mind if they added additional builders. At least they finally made Otto which acts as a 6th builder.

I think the change you describe would be great for a game that wants players to play for one year. For a game to have kept me interested for 6 years, those longer upgrade times were an important part of it.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Did you have full wallS? Or later you complicate wall cost to high?
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; July 5th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Millennial Club

A few questions.

1. How do you get enough loot for when your builders are finished? Just using pumps is not enough to keep 5 builders busy. Just attacking 2-3 times a day and pumps is not enough to keep all 5 builders busy (talking TH11 and Th12).
    2. How much loot are you collecting in your attacks?
    3. What is your TH level and hero levels?

Frankly for any TH11/12...the times are pretty good. Especially if you rotate your builders so that one finishes/starts every 2-4 days. This way you never have to wait too long. The only times I've found that having to wait on a builder....is during CWL as the CC gets fill fast...normally by day 4...I'm hoping I have a builder free.

The only valid point I would concede is that lab times are still too long.....which is why they introduced the lab potion. I would say that alone is not enough....lab times need to be reduced. My TH9 (3rd account)...has just walls, heros (L18/L16), and LOTS LOTS of lab (yes it has been running constant). The positive is that I know what I use at TH12 with my other too accounts, so I can skip a bunch of lab items not really needed (I'm only doing air until TH12...so edrag/drag/loons/hound,minion,rage,freeze,haste,bats) For those that don't know what to skip...the lab time is too da** high.
    Last edited by pb913; July 5th, 2019 at 01:46 PM.