Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If There Weren’t Any Medals Would You Still Opt In For CWL?

Millennial Club

If There Weren’t Any Medals Would You Still Opt In For CWL?

With no medals & only the 2x loot to be gained from a win in CWL would you still want to participate? And why?

The reason I’ve asked this question is many in my clan (including myself) have stated we wouldn’t bother. The main reason being it’s a league ladder system and as a result most wars are unevenly matched & thus not all that much fun.

If this appears to be the consensus I do hope Supercell reads this, as it would be a shame to think the majority of people are only opting in for CWL because they want the medals, & it has nothing to do with it being an enjoyable part of the game.

I love the medals. At first few months of CWL, I loved it, easy 3 stars easy 1st place.

As my clan rank higher, the harder the opponents we get. Mismatch most of the wars resulting us to rank 3rd-5th(Crystal 3) which is not bad but it leaves a bad taste in my clan’s mouth.

Then it dawn on us, the game isn’t making it hard for us but instead we are making it hard for ourselves. Our th9s started to go to th10s, our th10s started to go to th11s, th11s to th12.

Last season, we placed 1st place again. This current season, we are looking to place 1st place once again.

We figure out to upgrade as we slowly rank up in league. From (th12:th11:th10:th9) 2:5:4:4 to 8:4:3:0. we are on our way to masters league as we slowly get all of members to th12.

As Charles Darwin said “It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able to adapt to and to adjust best to the changing environment in which it finds itself.”

Even if the answer is "no" that doesn't necessarily mean the players are "only" playing for medals. In a ladder system like this where we are all winning only 50% of the time (other than the very top most elite) there pretty much needs to be a reward of some sort such as medals, gems, etc. If not, many clans would instead choose regular wars and continue to work on the "reward" of adding wins to their profile.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

New Bloke/Chick
    CWL sucks and the ladder system is clearly not set right still after a year. We currently face a clan with 14 TH12 we have 2 they have 80 stars after 2 wars we have 25. and we are only in 6th place the bottom 4 clans in the war have fewer stars than them alone. The second clan is the same and so on. We were told don't worry the ladder system will work its way out over time. Well after a year its still exactly the same kind of silly lopsided matches. it would be bad enough it is was one war but now we are stuck for a week in this ♥♥♥♥. COC fix it or scrap it but stop with " it will adjust itself" the facts don"t support the talking points you are giving us

New Bloke/Chick
    they should have said that CWL was for TH12 only the rest of the clans suffer through the poorly thought out and executed league in the hopes of getting free stuff. We HATE playing it and have been clan for years. Honestly we have not come across a single clan that is not highly populated by th12 that enjoy playing it. It sucks it's time consuming it's demoralizing and we have lost a number of long term players who quit the game overall as a result. But don't mind us we have not idea what we are talking about.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by LBJ1958 View Post
    CWL sucks and the ladder system is clearly not set right still after a year. We currently face a clan with 14 TH12 we have 2 they have 80 stars after 2 wars we have 25. and we are only in 6th place the bottom 4 clans in the war have fewer stars than them alone. The second clan is the same and so on. We were told don't worry the ladder system will work its way out over time. Well after a year its still exactly the same kind of silly lopsided matches. it would be bad enough it is was one war but now we are stuck for a week in this ♥♥♥♥. COC fix it or scrap it but stop with " it will adjust itself" the facts don"t support the talking points you are giving us
    Your post simply means that after a year you still wont accept that it is performance based.
    And you are simply basing 2 posts purely by looking at a single opponent.

That clan may well have demoted from a higher tier, but is more likely to still be working its way towards its correct position, following the medal awards revamp.
    Why scrap it?.. Because you dont like it?.. Then stay out of cwl, and leave it to those that like the system.

If you spend all your time looking at what the oppo does, then no wonder they are getting to you.
    I hardly take notice of what they do, instead concentrate on trying to herd our cats into building a score.

Of course weight counts.. It is a large slice of a clans potential.
    Performance is a mix of Weight/Playing skill/Organisation.

And its not that you dont know what you are talking about.. Its that you want regular war with medals.

So far as OP.. Yes, I would still play
    Reason.. Because its there.
    It is a different format, with no real pressure to succeed.
    It isnt a scar in the war log when you lose.

Medals are a welcome benefit, but if they had released cwl without the medal rewards, we would still be where we are today.
    I would agree that it would create problems if they were to withdraw them, but only because they have become an integral part of the system.

New Bloke/Chick
    Actually our clan is good with over 400 wins we do know how to play the game but in CWL when the top three teams 70% of our team cannot get 1 star means the match is not fair. I don't care how good a player you are a th9 is not going to beat a th12 . Th9/10 defense gets rolled over and offense cannot even get a star. In our war we are in 6 place with 26 stars after two wars. The other clans without all TH12 are even in worse shape than us. COC assumption is that you lose but you still get rewards at bottom eqaul to the top of the next rung down. That assumes you get the same number of stars in both rungs. OOPS another KEY flaw in logic ♥♥♥♥♥

What is really shown the flaws of the ladder system is most of these clans have open war logs and you can see what the match is and what they have been doing soo umm nope.

New Bloke/Chick
    you see how they all play the system winning then dropping down and then repeating the process. you can see each of their seasons and they all doing it the same way.

Forum Veteran
    I would probably do it for loot if medals didn't exist.

New Bloke/Chick
    are you a th 12?