Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Totems

New Bloke/Chick
    Very interesting this took a lot of thought and I enjoyed reading it.

totems should not be usable in war attacks

a totem pack should be "randomized" with 1 rare, 4 common totems (may have duplicates) per pack with a 10% chance *one* of those totems is converted to legendary

add some defensive totems, good for one defense:

miserly keep: loot is reduced by x% (-20%, -30%, -40%)

daunting defenses: defensive towers do x% extra damage (6%, 9%, 12%)

cloned castle: clan castle troops are cloned as they come out. clone duration varies (6 sec, 8 sec, 10 sec)

terrible traps: traps get +1, +2, +3 unit space (spring traps and skelly traps) while bombs and mines do x% extra damage (10%, 20%, 30%)

camp mayhem: one *randomly selected* camp becomes like a clan castle with the same activation radius. all troops held in that camp become cc reinforcements when triggered (legendary only)

now you have 5 attack totems and 5 defense totems and your weekly pack only has 5 totems in it. so you should get a mix instead of all offense all the time

how to acquire totems:
    all players who complete the daily star bonus 5x in the course of one game week get a totem pack upon logging in for the first time in the next game week. any unused totems expire at the end of each game week (a defensive totem activated but not triggered by defending remains active until triggered)

only one totem can be active during any given attack/defense. once a defensive totem is activated, it remains activated until the base is attacked

Defensive Totems?

Very unbalanced, since you don't know who will attack you and how will you attack them?

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    totems should not be usable in war attacks

a totem pack should be "randomized" with 1 rare, 4 common totems (may have duplicates) per pack with a 10% chance *one* of those totems is converted to legendary

add some defensive totems, good for one defense:

miserly keep: loot is reduced by x% (-20%, -30%, -40%)

daunting defenses: defensive towers do x% extra damage (6%, 9%, 12%)

cloned castle: clan castle troops are cloned as they come out. clone duration varies (6 sec, 8 sec, 10 sec)

terrible traps: traps get +1, +2, +3 unit space (spring traps and skelly traps) while bombs and mines do x% extra damage (10%, 20%, 30%)

camp mayhem: one *randomly selected* camp becomes like a clan castle with the same activation radius. all troops held in that camp become cc reinforcements when triggered (legendary only)

now you have 5 attack totems and 5 defense totems and your weekly pack only has 5 totems in it. so you should get a mix instead of all offense all the time

how to acquire totems:
    all players who complete the daily star bonus 5x in the course of one game week get a totem pack upon logging in for the first time in the next game week. any unused totems expire at the end of each game week (a defensive totem activated but not triggered by defending remains active until triggered)

only one totem can be active during any given attack/defense. once a defensive totem is activated, it remains activated until the base is attacked
    About the randomized pack and luck system:
    I don't think that CoC should have a luck based system. At least, I wouldn't like it becouse the %'s value wouldn't be fixed. Every type of loot in CoC has a fixed value. That's just what I think about it🙃.
    About the defensive totems:
    It would completely destroy the Point of having offensive totems.

Centennial Club
    Oh boy I'm getting the popcorn out..

No but seriously, the ops suggestion seems to be the more well thought out and balanced of these two. Also the thread has been quite constructive up until now.

Back on track:

I think it would be better to not have artificial limits and rng totem distribution, so I'm with op here. No the system to obtain should be one of player choice, where you know what you get and where some resource or time cost limits the amount you can get.

Also they should totally be usable in cw/cwl. I think the general attack buff idea is very much tailored towards war usage.

About defensive totems yea, it might work if the bonuses are reasonable. But there probably shouldn't be a +% defense damage, that would be too obvious of a meta choice. The bonuses should probably be more mechanical and less %buffs. Like a slowing totem or w/e.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Oh boy I'm getting the popcorn out..

No but seriously, the ops suggestion seems to be the more well thought out and balanced of these two. Also the thread has been quite constructive up until now.

Back on track:

I think it would be better to not have artificial limits and rng totem distribution, so I'm with op here. No the system to obtain should be one of player choice, where you know what you get and where some resource or time cost limits the amount you can get.

Also they should totally be usable in cw/cwl. I think the general attack buff idea is very much tailored towards war usage.

About defensive totems yea, it might work if the bonuses are reasonable. But there probably shouldn't be a +% defense damage, that would be too obvious of a meta choice. The bonuses should probably be more mechanical and less %buffs. Like a slowing totem or w/e.
    If it is useable in war, it would give some small issues. Hardcore war players' war attacks shouldn't depend on their normal attacks.

Centennial Club
    Yes it'd cause some balancing issues. But I think it would be a loss to suggest a new mechanic like totems only to wall it off from the place where it could find the most use. It's an obvious war attack mechanic, because that's where you typically have to deliver your best in contrast with farming and trophy pushing outside LL.

I'll get back later with a more detailed alternative system of obtaining totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Yes it'd cause some balancing issues. But I think it would be a loss to suggest a new mechanic like totems only to wall it off from the place where it could find the most use. It's an obvious war attack mechanic, because that's where you typically have to deliver your best in contrast with farming and trophy pushing outside LL.

I'll get back later with a more detailed alternative system of obtaining totems.
    What about making War Totems beside the normal totems? The totems you can only obtain by getting war stars? Problem solved, insn't it?

I ll think about those war totems.

Quote Originally Posted by That Little Trophy View Post
    What about making War Totems beside the normal totems? The totems you can only obtain by getting war stars? Problem solved, insn't it?

I ll think about those war totems.
    I'll also think about War Scrolls

Not really a fan of some attacks getting an advantage.
    it messes with the game balancing, and makes the playing field uneven.
    If you are in legend and get hit by 8 people using trophies you would be very unhappy.

One of of the best things about clash is that it is an even playing field.
    To attack players above you just need to level your th up and progress
    or aim for 2 stars.

presumably you wouldn't be able to use these in wars -
    people already moan about players using power potions for an edge...
    this would just make it happen more -

Also it is likely higher players would find it easier to get the
    items anyway so if anything there would be more of a gap...
    it seems over complicated (becoming a chore) and unbalanced.

It it also hurts defence a lot... defending is a key part of the game,
    so things like this can make it pointless designing a base