Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Totems

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Interesting.

Additional ideas:
    It could be a trainable item with a very long training time (hours), to limit overuse and to incentivize gemming them.
    It could cost a new type of resource obtainable from some sort of new collector.
    You want to train totems?
    According to this idea,

Totem aren't like troops they are similar to potions but with some basic differences.

If they are trainable then people may abuse them in every attack.

Making them limitedly available will be better than letting players train their own totems.

Centennial Club
    What we essentially agree on, is that there should be a limited access so that the average frequency of obtaining a totem is lower than your attack frequency.

There's a number of ways that could be achieved, for example:

Only obtainable through daily trades, cg, medals and events

Or

Trainable with a very very long training time in combination with a limited (<3) training queue
    Last edited by Munitor; July 5th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    What we essentially agree on, is that there should be a limited access so that the average frequency of obtaining a totem is lower than your attack frequency.

There's a number of ways that could be achieved, for example:

Only obtainable through daily trades, cg, medals and events

Or

Trainable with a very very long training time in combination with a limited (<3) training queue
    If you do 25 3 stars, you can buy 5 Legendary totems (in the totem house). I think that this is the only fair way to get the totems.
    Last edited by Be A Legend; July 5th, 2019 at 06:48 PM.

Centennial Club
    Yea somewhere around 1 in 5 attacks with a totem sounds reasonable, I agree with that.

However, the idea of obtaining and/or saving up for totems by attacks has more downsides than the alternatives:

-You're basically forcing players who don't care about regular raids for whatever reason into doing those. Think of the players who only really play for cw/cwl.
    -Obtaining through raiding isn't really intuitive or as much in line with the other ways you obtain potions, spells or troops.
    -It'd be slightly more difficult if not impossible to plan for logging on during battle day, request and do your cw/cwl attacks.
    -It introduces a guarantee to obtain totems where instead it could be a system with no guarantee unless you actively do something to acquire them.

Also if the system is set to average 1 totem pr 5 attacks the bonuses should reflect this, so that the average bonus would be neglibile, but the bonus in one attack be significant.
    Last edited by Munitor; July 5th, 2019 at 08:55 PM.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Yea somewhere around 1 in 5 attacks with a totem sounds reasonable, I agree with that.

However, the idea of obtaining and/or saving up for totems by attacks has more downsides than the alternatives:

-You're basically forcing players who don't care about regular raids for whatever reason into doing those. Think of the players who only really play for cw/cwl.
    -Obtaining through raiding isn't really intuitive or as much in line with the other ways you obtain potions, spells or troops.
    -It'd be slightly more difficult if not impossible to plan for logging on during battle day, request and do your cw/cwl attacks.

Also if the system is set to average 1 totem pr 5 attacks the bonuses should reflect this, so that the average bonus would be neglibile, but the bonus in one attack be significant.
    Don't forget that it's 1 totem for every 5 3stars, not just attacks. But yes, I see your Point.

About that "forcing": In cg, you also need to X% to complete your assignment. It's not forcing, you have the choice...

Centennial Club
    Yea to iterate I really like the idea of temporary battle buffs wether it being through a totem or war banner or w/e.

But you should really reconsider the way it should be obtained.

Lets do some napkin math here to put things in perspective:

Say there's 50 mio coc players and about 1/4 of those are in a war at any given time. Of that amount let's say 10% care about maxing their attacks. Say those players have to do between 5-10 attacks to farm for their totems.

That'll produce between 6,25 and 12,5 mio normal attacks every 47 hours.
    Those attacks or at least quite a large amount of them will take out available farmable bases across the upper trophy ranges by increasing their shield uptime. This would lead to an increase in the search time for people who farm and eventually lead to the dreaded clouds.

There has to be an alternative way of getting totems honestly.

Yea to iterate I really like the idea of temporary battle buffs wether it being through a totem or war banner or w/e.

But you should really reconsider the way it should be obtained.

Lets do some napkin math here to put things in perspective:

Say there's 50 mio coc players and about 1/4 of those are in a war at any given time. Of that amount let's say 10% care about maxing their attacks. Say those players have to do between 5-10 attacks to farm for their totems.

That'll produce between 6,25 and 12,5 mio normal attacks every 47 hours.
    Those attacks or at least quite a large amount of them will take out available farmable bases across the upper trophy ranges by increasing their shield uptime. This would lead to an increase in the search time for people who farm and eventually lead to the dreaded clouds.

There has to be an alternative way of getting totems honestly.
    What if you can't use the totems in war? Then the hardcore war players can focus on war without needing those totems and the farmers or cuppers can do their thing.

I am thinking of a complete new weekly system right now. I ll add it soon.
    Last edited by Be A Legend; July 5th, 2019 at 09:36 PM.

I added:
    - the weekly system
    - Totem 5: Rages Reinforcement

Centennial Club
    I honestly think the system should come with no limitations on what sort of attack you want to use it for.

Furthermore I think you should consider targeting the suggestion at the future TH13, so that it's only obtainable there but donatable down to TH12. This would be somewhat in line with additions such as siege engines.

A set timer for how often you can get a totem is however a very inflexible system. It should be a system involving player action and decision.

Centennial Club
    I just had a look at your weekly system, and it still doesn't solve the core of the issue I raised.

Again let's look at the consequence of somebody who only participates in cw (which would be a player type who'd have the most impact on farmable bases shield uptime):

Let's say he does 3.5x2 clan war attacks every week. He needs to do 3500% destruction every week to maximize his cw attack capability (2500x(7/5)) Let's say for convenience that he averages 70% destruction across all attack types.

That comes out to about 6.1 more regular attacks every day that he wouldn't have done otherwise.
    That doesn't sound like a lot, but if there are 1.25 mio like him, like I suggested, that means somewhere around 7.6 mio attacks every day that wouldn't have happened without this system.

This is a non-trivial amount with non-trivial consequences (I.e. clouds) for regular Joe farmer and Zack the pusher.
    Last edited by Munitor; July 5th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.