Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deliberately losing to maintain cwl teir against "fair play aspect"?

Deliberately losing to maintain cwl teir against "fair play aspect"?

This is a question I have been asking myself. I am pretty sure its not against the rules, (and in the new system it is not beneficial for medals) to deliberately not go up a teir in cwl. I was thinking that it is against the fair play aspects of the game. As an example a team is playing with 30 th12 in crystal league. They 3* most of the top 15 bases then get exactly enough stars to win (due to defending the enemy th10 and th9 successfully) and use the rest as loot attacks. They repeat this process through out the league winning only just enough wars to be second place. The first 5-6 teams suffer and the last one or two teams they face gets get a big advantage of +10 for the win. I was curious about the community thoughts and experiences with this happening. Thanks.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    This is a question I have been asking myself. I am pretty sure its not against the rules, (and in the new system it is not beneficial for medals) to deliberately not go up a teir in cwl. I was thinking that it is against the fair play aspects of the game. As an example a team is playing with 30 th12 in crystal league. They 3* most of the top 15 bases then get exactly enough stars to win (due to defending the enemy th10 and th9 successfully) and use the rest as loot attacks. They repeat this process through out the league winning only just enough wars to be second place. The first 5-6 teams suffer and the last one or two teams they face gets get a big advantage of +10 for the win. I was curious about the community thoughts and experiences with this happening. Thanks.
    Once SC made it counter productive to intentionally sandbag in CWL, it made the odd team that wants to do this one of two types: foolish or ...... well, you get the idea.

You are correct though, it is not against the TOS. poor sportsmanship, IMO absolutely.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 4th, 2019 at 03:34 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Once SC made it counter productive to intentionally sandbag in CWL, it made the odd team that wants to do this one of two types: foolish or ...... well, you get the idea.

You are correct though, it is not against the TOS. poor sportsmanship, IMO absolutely.
    This^^..
    They simply want to be the big boys on the block.
    Unfortunately, for some, its simply about winning.

I think the best way to get around facing clans that are far too big, is to simply concentrate on what you are doing, rather than what the opposition does.

Our first round this season, we got smashed.. Partly because of a whoopsie on our enrolment.
    But I hardly noticed how big they were until one of our guys commented on how good they were with edrag.
    Most of those attacks were simply dips.

But we scored enough stars ourselves to be sitting comfortable at the end of day 1, simply by concentrating on our job, not theirs.

Forum Veteran
    I make an effort to avoid getting promoted because I want to give a good CWL experience to our small bases, and if we go to crystal, I don't think that will happen.

For me, a perfect league week is one where we kick butt left and right, are stomped by the two clans with th9s at position 30, and place third.

If that doesn't fit someone's idea of fair play, then I hope they are brought into alignment with reality.
    Last edited by littledoctor; July 4th, 2019 at 09:36 PM.

That's how it is for ladder systems. There will always be people deliberately dropping to lower leagues to have an easier time. It is human nature to want to be "in control" of their circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    That's how it is for ladder systems. There will always be people deliberately dropping to lower leagues to have an easier time. It is human nature to want to be "in control" of their circumstances.
    I would say it is a given in any competition. Some people will do anything to avoid an even match. Certainly not limited to a ladder system. See the lengths clans have gone to for long win streaks in regular wars. Or false birth certificates in little league baseball. Or steroids in many sports. Or cheat codes in games. I could go on and on and on.....
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

unless they are colluding with other clans to throw a match here but not there specifically, it's not against fair play

as in life in general, people are much better served minding their own house instead of worrying about (and trying to control) what their neighbors are doing

coc is multifaceted game. "winning" and "success" and "own best/self interest" are defined differently by different people. you can't control what they think or do. why try?

when it comes to other people's drama, i like the saying "not my circus. not my monkeys"

i also like the saying "you are responsible for you"

New Bloke/Chick
    yes BUT if the match is SO lopsided you are unable to even gets a star its not just their offense that is an issue but also their defense!!!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LBJ1958 View Post
    yes BUT if the match is SO lopsided you are unable to even gets a star its not just their offense that is an issue but also their defense!!!
    For me, what you just describe would make me think that I have gone as high as my skill and progression and defenses will allow. My next step would be to develop faster/more, hone my attack skills, adjust who is in war, recruit some more members, make a decision about whether being at the tier I am in is working or whether My clan would be better off one tier lower.

Note that each one of my things to look at is entirely in my control. I would start making choices and taking actions that do not involve changing the rules to make it work better for me.

New Bloke/Chick
    we have tried to drop 5 times but end up in 5th place as the 6th and 7th place in every single war have gone to clans that dont bother to attack. SO... we are being killed and are trapped. I guess we dont attack either and tie at zero stars like all the other wars. i am not sure what will happen then