Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Deliberately losing to maintain cwl teir against "fair play aspect"?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Even viewing it as a farming, or manipulating at will, there is still luck involved and will usually be mid tier. I expected to be demoted last CWL but when we matched and I looked over the total rosters, I realized we could win all wars and come first.

I visited a friends clan in the same league and they were facing a clan much bigger than we could do, and I think it might have been Tosti that mentioned they were in Crystal 1 and also facing a larger clan than we had.

The way I view CWL might be different but I would recommend clans to view it as farming for your sanity. Focus on members getting their 8 stars and to use all their attacks, don't sweat the egg attacks.

Our low CWL is probably where it would really differ from other clans because for the most medals you take a very weak roster and fight in a league much higher than you are capable of. In this case you are the whipping boy and probably get demoted, but as long as majority get their 8 stars, still walk away with more than competing at a lower league.
    We were sitting M2 and ended up in first place so we are M1 bound next season. Same sea, different boat though. We will see how we fair one step closer to the nose-bleed section.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I think CWL is only competitive if you have an all TH12 roster and below that is just farming. ....
    Maybe I just have no morals lol
    My own clan isn’t all th12 but we have fun trying to push as high as we can. We don’t care about loot, medals, etc. much since we know SC adds new content slower than the pace at which active players upgrade anyway. We do care a little, it is nice to have a hero done and ready for war, etc. but it is not the primary motive. The primary motive is to try to push up. As for morals, I would say tanking one war in CWL, even though I consider it poor sportsmanship if it impacts the rankings of the other clans, is very low on the offense list . Consider it jaywalking. It is just a discussion point in a sub forum that hasn’t had much action lately.
    Last edited by 2222; July 16th, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.