Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Deliberately losing to maintain cwl teir against "fair play aspect"?

Honestly, i don't really see any sort of sportsmanship as a valid argument about anything in this game. i mean good grief, no one seems to think it's unsporting behavior when a clan spies to get an advantage. SC has gone as far as saying spying is fair play. So i have trouble classifying this is unsporting.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    That would be drawing a line in the sand at your own feet.
    Not at all. There is a difference between playing an equally weak roster in all 7 wars vs. tanking one war huge if that one huge tank alters the final positions of the clans trying to take part in a competition. This isn't some new concept I've come up with. It is an established well known issue in many other types of competitions.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That is a matter of opinion. Your opinion is you don't care about sportsmanship and negatively impacting the competition that others are trying to take part in. Others care. I didn't say tanking one war is against the terms of service. That doesn't mean it is good sportsmanship.
    Tell that to SC. Tanking 1 war or all 7 in CWL and engineering in regular wars are really no different in manipulation of the system. Blame the system, not the players.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Tell that to SC. Tanking 1 war or all 7 in CWL and engineering in regular wars are really no different in manipulation of the system. Blame the system, not the players.
    And that is exactly what was said about cut and paste engineers despite the damage they did. Odd how the only folks who have any responsibility is SC and never the player base. As I was told as a child, just cause you can doesn’t mean you should, guess I was one of the few who listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    And that is exactly what was said about cut and paste engineers despite the damage they did. Odd how the only folks who have any responsibility is SC and never the player base. As I was told as a child, just cause you can doesn’t mean you should, guess I was one of the few who listened.
    If It were a problem then it is on supercell to correct the problem because only they can make the changes, in this situation it does not present something that really affects other clans. What you are told as a child only basic advice, it is on you to decide what is best for you. If I had taken supercells word of God, I would be struggling too but I thank God that I think for myself and do what works rather than what I am told.

Sadly this is true as my old clan which has now broken up consisted of 1 th11 2 th10 and 3 th9 the rest were th6 below came up against 3 clans with 3 th12 2 th11 th10 and 3 th9 which meant we had to focus their bottom players and after the first round we were down by 15 stars but then after round 4 the other clans stopped trying to destroy and at the end of tournament one clan was 220 stars and they were first whilst we came 4th with 118 i think clans are just losing their first cwl so they can recruit th11 to get an easy win.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscarramsdale View Post
    Sadly this is true as my old clan which has now broken up consisted of 1 th11 2 th10 and 3 th9 the rest were th6 below came up against 3 clans with 3 th12 2 th11 th10 and 3 th9 which meant we had to focus their bottom players and after the first round we were down by 15 stars but then after round 4 the other clans stopped trying to destroy and at the end of tournament one clan was 220 stars and they were first whilst we came 4th with 118 i think clans are just losing their first cwl so they can recruit th11 to get an easy win.
    They are simply playing for medals, rather than trying to compete, if they stop trying at some point.
    I find it hard to simply accept that most clans are simply in it to farm medals, as is the usual reply.
    I think medals is probably the primary reason for playing the format, as there is nothing much more open to them, but maybe not so much by choice, as is suggested.

CWL is unweighted, so differing power as well as playing skill boxes most clans into a maximum level they can achieve.
    The medals sustains interest once this level is reached, until growth and technique reopens the options.
    To simply dismiss it as a farming tool is condescending to those clans that are at their natural maximum, or highest comfortable level tho.
    Many do simply play to farm, it is their prerogative, but it doesnt apply to everyone.
    Our clan wasnt simply farming. We didnt have what it takes to push on, so sat where we were.
    if we could win our group, we would have.

Pushing brings with it a couple of positives, and a couple of negatives.
    There are more medals at the higher tier, as well as experiencing playing against better opposition.
    But hitting a wall can break up a clan, and the fun can be sucked right out of it.

Although most realise cwl isnt about winning day in day out, getting stomped every day is demoralising.
    Once the frustration levels grow, the clan is in serious risk of imploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There is really no end to the argument when morality is brought to the table. There is a reason why there are rules and regulations. It is human nature to push the boundaries and beyond. Set the limits, everyone play within it, all else is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    They are simply playing for medals, rather than trying to compete, if they stop trying at some point.
    I find it hard to simply accept that most clans are simply in it to farm medals, as is the usual reply.
    I think medals is probably the primary reason for playing the format, as there is nothing much more open to them, but maybe not so much by choice, as is suggested.

CWL is unweighted, so differing power as well as playing skill boxes most clans into a maximum level they can achieve.
    The medals sustains interest once this level is reached, until growth and technique reopens the options.
    To simply dismiss it as a farming tool is condescending to those clans that are at their natural maximum, or highest comfortable level tho.
    Many do simply play to farm, it is their prerogative, but it doesnt apply to everyone.
    Our clan wasnt simply farming. We didnt have what it takes to push on, so sat where we were.
    if we could win our group, we would have.

Pushing brings with it a couple of positives, and a couple of negatives.
    There are more medals at the higher tier, as well as experiencing playing against better opposition.
    But hitting a wall can break up a clan, and the fun can be sucked right out of it.

Although most realise cwl isnt about winning day in day out, getting stomped every day is demoralising.
    Once the frustration levels grow, the clan is in serious risk of imploding.
    ^^This exactly. I believe this has been said many times before, unless you field 15 or 30 max TH12s, there is no true competition in CWL. Everyone else is just trying to find the sweet spot where it is enjoyable for the clan. Let's be real, getting beaten up is not fun, and many have advised to drop leagues to find the right place, yet here we are, discussing about sportsmanship, or morality? I don't believe anyone would even think twice hitting the next button to find a weak base or lower TH full of resources to hit during regular raids, yet tanking is suddenly an unsportsmanlike behavior? Again, if SC were to further revise the reward system as such that tanking is no longer lucrative, then it would improve the situation.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    ^^This exactly. I believe this has been said many times before, unless you field 15 or 30 max TH12s, there is no true competition in CWL. Everyone else is just trying to find the sweet spot where it is enjoyable for the clan. Let's be real, getting beaten up is not fun, and many have advised to drop leagues to find the right place, yet here we are, discussing about sportsmanship, or morality? I don't believe anyone would even think twice hitting the next button to find a weak base or lower TH full of resources to hit during regular raids, yet tanking is suddenly an unsportsmanlike behavior? Again, if SC were to further revise the reward system as such that tanking is no longer lucrative, then it would improve the situation.
    You obviously didn't read the entire thread before responding. I don't believe anyone said tanking in and of itself is unsportsmanlike. What was said several times and quite clearly was that tanking in a way that only rewards one clan the extra wins is unsportsmanlike. Feel free to tank all you like otherwise.