Thread: New Defence Dogs Concept

New Defence Dogs Concept

Personally I feel like defence needs a bit of an upgrade, I'm only a th9 so unsure about the higher levels.

My idea is that the dogs would be in the th and when the attacking troops get within a certain range then the dogs would automatically be deployed but if the th was upgrading then they would be in sleep mode. I would say 1 dog per 2 th, obviously they would need to be balanced but I feel it'll add a new concept to defence

Quote Originally Posted by James130600 View Post
    Personally I feel like defence needs a bit of an upgrade, I'm only a th9 so unsure about the higher levels.

My idea is that the dogs would be in the th and when the attacking troops get within a certain range then the dogs would automatically be deployed but if the th was upgrading then they would be in sleep mode. I would say 1 dog per 2 th, obviously they would need to be balanced but I feel it'll add a new concept to defence
    We have a concept of Giga Tesla at TH12, which does the same job

Then equavalent to the Guard Post on the Builder Base. (Granted you are combining both the Guard Post and Hall into one structure, but the results are the same as if two structures). I assume "Dogs" would only attack ground troops, hence limited defending value. The strength of the Clan Castle is that I can request any specific troop to defend against any specific attacking troop!

We also have to be realistic. Take the Giga Tesla that jayasundarRB noted. They could have made it retroactive to lower TH levels, but they did not. When they add a new defence, troop, or spell, they always add it to the top! For example, if a new Elixir Spell is added, it will be at (a new) Lab Level 6, available begining at TH 11, or possibly even 12. That then means they only have to balance at the top! Imagine the problems of trying to introduce Guard Dogs at TH 12, and then retroactively balance (somehow) to all lower TH levels, TH levels which are highly transient and temporary, as players quickly progress to max! Not really worth the effort.
    Last edited by rowman; July 2nd, 2019 at 12:26 PM.