Thread: A couple questions regarding the current war API

A couple questions regarding the current war API

Just had a few questions about the current war API that I wanted to ask:
    1. Does it provide data on both friendly wars as well as random wars?
    2. How does a private war log affect the above?
    3. I've seen that sometimes it will show a war which has just ended, so roughly how long is data on this matchup available after the war end? (Assuming the clan doesn't spin another war since then)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire2nd View Post
    Just had a few questions about the current war API that I wanted to ask:
    1. Does it provide data on both friendly wars as well as random wars?
    2. How does a private war log affect the above?
    3. I've seen that sometimes it will show a war which has just ended, so roughly how long is data on this matchup available after the war end? (Assuming the clan doesn't spin another war since then)
    1) My clan has never done a friendly, but I suspect it'll work exactly the same. Not sure if there's a way to determine if it's friendly through the API though, I suspect not.
    2) If you have a private war log, nothing related to war API will work except CWL, I believe.
    3) It's the amount of time in game that the war will be shown. Maybe 2-3 days?

1 - Yes, friendly wars is include in the current war. But nothing let you to distinct the type of war (friendly or random). You can probably distinct a friendly war using the differents dates (preparation, in war, etc.) and detect the duration of the preparation day and the battle day. This not work for friendly wars with the same duration of the random war (23 hours for preparation and 24 hours for battle day).

2 - If the warlog is public, you can access to the current war data. If the war is private, you cannot access to the current war even if you have already get the data of current war when the warlog was public.

3 - This is the black point of the API. The war data is available until no war searching. I think that current wars are deleted after few days (or week ?). If the clan start to search a war or a league, the data was lost. I wrote a site web (ClashSpot.net) that scans all wars as possible and lot of wars are lost because nothing let us to get old wars datas. My program is optimized to scan many time as possible after the end date of the war.

I hope that SuperCell add the same system of the league. Today, i still access to wars data of the previous league season !!

I wait that SuperCell add two params :
    - Add a war tag to the Clans Wars and let us to retrieve data during one day.
    - Add a param that allow us to distinct friendly wars.

But, as I read on this forum, the API community is not the priority, so, you can wait a lot of time ...

I'm not sure I'd call anything the "black point of the API"

There's quite a few large gaps:

* War opt/in out status
    * Building levels
    * What buildings are under upgrades (mostly wanted for hero tracking for war)
    * No guaranteed way to tell who is on a particular CWL roster

1 - I think what you could also do to determine if a war is random or friendly is to check after the war if the clans win-lose-draw stats have changed. But that would only give you the information when the war has allready ended..
    (just an idea, I haven't used the API yet so I don't know if this would work xD)