Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel tactics

I’m trying out a new approach to using fuel. Nick said the token colors are random, so I’m no longer going out of my way to try to keep them in balance (which I was doing because the items I want in the shop require equal amounts of all 3 colors). Instead, I’m going to the buildings that offer the most tokens for the least amount of fuel. If I can get around 30 tokens for 2-3 fuel cans, that’s ideal.

I’ve found a couple of things that help with that. The first is to find an area where there are several buildings that are separated by only 2 or 3 nodes. Then I fill the high-token requests I can reach with only 2-3 fuel cans, sometimes filling a low-token request if it’s along the route to higher-token requests. Once there are no longer any high-token requests nearby, I sit and wait for new requests. I usually wait until the building where I’m parked has a new request, because that way I can get tokens without using any fuel. And then I see if other nearby buildings are worth going to.

So far the token colors have stayed pretty well in balance with this approach, and I’m getting more of them than I was before. I spend most of my time parked, waiting for new requests, but that’s fine because I don’t have enough fuel to do much driving anyway.

If the store items I wanted required a lot more of some colors than others (which I know is the case for some people), I’d need a different approach, and I imagine it would take a lot more fuel. I’ll be interested to hear how others are handling that.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; July 4th, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

I'm using a similar strategy, LuvHayDay. The difference for me this season is that I need vast numbers of pink tokens for the permits in the regular shop. I have my eye on 4 permits each costing 850 pink tokens, one for 850 blue tokens, and one for the bargain price of 280-285 of all three colors. I currently have 254 blue, 603 pink and 273 green. I figure that I can't help but get enough blue and green over the course of the season. I'm using your strategy on my quest for pink tokens and any others that come along with pink: try to aim for areas with several buildings, fill a high-pink-token request, if no other high-token requests are nearby, wait for new requests. Meanwhile try to earn more fuel.

I'm heading over to Ideas & Feature Requests to start a thread in favor of a shortcut to the fuel info. I find myself constantly heading over to the valley to check my sun gauge and remind myself of sun task options. I'm recommending that the useless little construction cone by the Valley billboard be switched out for the graphic of the gas can. Tapping it would open the fuel window. Ideally, the fuel window would be operative, but I'd settle for something showing the pertinent info like we have on the town board. If anyone wants to support the idea or offer other suggestions, come on over!

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...el-information
    Last edited by MiniGardener; July 5th, 2019 at 07:25 AM.

Farm Level 127 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

I’m glad your fuel strategy is working for you, Mini. And I love your idea about the fuel window! That would be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge123 View Post
    My strategy is similar. Load up with as much fuel as I will be able to get (tasks allowing) usually up to 200 suns. Then go back to farm. Then when I feel like it before it resets go and use all the fuel in one go.

Has anyone managed 550 suns? Just seems impossible to me with the tasks given so far.
    yes, but it was A LOT of corn! And crates and ducks/lobsters!

ive done it this season twice and in the Trial season. Days with longer crops it’s much more difficult (but less stresssy too)
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

We actually have about 46 chickens, so I’m doing my best to make sure I’m ‘pulling my weight’ collecting them if we a,ll do, we should get enough if it carries on like this.

Theres a ‘Fkying Valley Car’ in my ‘Exckusive rewards’ and I’d live to have it on my farm! Sontge chicjens need collecting!
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

We managed 62 chickens so far but mostly due to luck rather than strategy.
    I did 550 suns yesterday but my fields were constantly filled with soyabeans (30+ suns per harvest) and my pond full of duck traps.
    Thats not going happen today as it’s nets, truck orders (hate trucks) and carrots so I. Stopping at 200.
    Even worse tomorrow, feed goats, grow chilli and truck orders again so will be lucky if I get 100.

Yesterday our hood was scattered all over the place but we are trying to stick within sight of each other and move in convoy tomorrow, should be a fun experience.
    Clover ’Girls' 19 adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 85 please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart (or the red bat if it’s Halloween #2GPVQCVC

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    I still think it's very lame that you have to spin or you lose any additional suns until you make that acquired spin. No reason suns cannot continue to accumulate. A lot of unnecessary window swapping. Then again, we should be used to that by now with playing the town.
    Yes, I agree I lost 493 suns because the fuel tasked changed over. I collect fuel all day and then do my tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge123 View Post
    My strategy is similar. Load up with as much fuel as I will be able to get (tasks allowing) usually up to 200 suns. Then go back to farm. Then when I feel like it before it resets go and use all the fuel in one go.

Has anyone managed 550 suns? Just seems impossible to me with the tasks given so far.
    Not impossible if your task aren't 24 hours long (nets) and next days new task isn't fishing with lures....I just had this so 550 this round out of the question.

😥 tomorrow I don't even have a 10 sun fuel quest.... I'm hinking no need to visit unless someone sees a chicken task.

Our hood is only 5 people - 1 can't see due to eye surgery, 2 are on vacation....

Quote Originally Posted by buggles View Post
    Not impossible if your task aren't 24 hours long (nets) and next days new task isn't fishing with lures....I just had this so 550 this round out of the question.
    Just curious, I did make 550 once and forgot to look, but what is the next sun level if one actually gets the 550 done? 3000 or something stupid?