Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season end and CWL start times are too close together

Season end and CWL start times are too close together

Hi all,

I and others in my clan have an issue with the timing of the end of season challenges and the beginning of CWL.

In my situation, i purchased gold pass which allowed me to accumulate more loot in the bank. When season ended i received all that loot and in particular i have over 400k in Dark elixir (DE). I had already used the hero books earlier in the season as i usually finish it with a week or 2 to go.
    So with CWL starting straight away i cant upgrade my king or queen and have to leave all the DE where it is for the whole period of CWL. So it gets depleted by people raiding me before i can use it. PLUS i do not earn any DE from any of the war attacks.
    This is terrible timing and needs to be adjusted somehow to allow us to use what we have paid for.

Either have CWL start a week after season ends (possibly make season shorter)or put a freeze/cap on the ability for people to take loot from storages for a period of time after season ends. Im not spending my money just to have others take my loot.!!

p.s. Im upgrading a DE troop in lab so cant spend it on that.

Thoughts please
    Last edited by CaptainSpaldo; July 2nd, 2019 at 04:15 AM.

They're that close on purpose to encourage gem usage.

Otherwise you're going to have to make decisions about what's more important.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    They're that close on purpose to encourage gem usage.

Otherwise you're going to have to make decisions about what's more important.
    I would hope this isnt the case but keen to hear from supercell to clarify

So you didn't save your books
    You didn't have a plan to spend the loot without the books

Clearly Supercells fault, they are money hungry mercenaries, you are in no way personally to blame or responsible.

Sounds to me like your situation could have been avoided if you planned ahead and didn't use those hero books early
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 |

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    So you didn't save your books
    You didn't have a plan to spend the loot without the books

Clearly Supercells fault, they are money hungry mercenaries, you are in no way personally to blame or responsible.
    No i didnt plan it. I accrue as much loot as i need to do each upgrade and I have done this for years.
    If i didnt have to wait until the end of the season to spend the loot I wouldnt have this predicament.
    So what youre saying is, hold off upgrading as long as you can so it fits in with this absurd timing?
    I think i know who the teachers pet is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Sounds to me like your situation could have been avoided if you planned ahead and didn't use those hero books early
    Oh boy another one!! who doesnt want to upgrade as soon as they can? Dont be ridiculous

Everyone is on a level playing field, you can just go take other peoples loot now (because others will be in same situation as yours)

only play royale now. Level 13 88/88 Clan: Avant Gaming

Maybe that is why they decided to offer the book of heroes early this season pass? I ended up having a whopping 3 books of heroes hours into the reset.

Every season offers at least 1 Book of Heroes right at the end. I suggest saving it to spend after the season ends. Alternatively, you can always wait for the book sale - there’s usually one at the end/beginning of the season, and those stack. Case in point - I just finished off the last level on my BK today using a BoH from the 2x2 sale they had on BoH/BoB. The BoBs will be put to good use on my Builder Base. Of course, there are other sales including some where a particular book is like 2 bucks, or different combos, but you get the gist.

Last edited by Noctaire; July 2nd, 2019 at 05:01 AM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.