Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season end and CWL start times are too close together

  1. #71
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This is NOT a solution.

    If DE storage is full on the 15th, and I get a book, I upgrade. Saving that book and losing DE for the rest of the month is the same as losing DE at the end of the month.

    Use your books as soon as you have the DE.

    I stand by my suggestion that clan games and CWL should be swapped. Clan Games should come immediately after season ends. CWL should come around the middle of the month, which is about the time most of us get to the BoH.
    And why are you losing de in the middle of the month? You can upgrade heroes and troops to burn de. Or buy the occasional book hero book from the trader. Planning around a known schedule is a solution.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  2. #72
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    ...Use your books as soon as you have the DE...
    I would only recommend that if you know you have another book coming. Otherwise, just put the hero down & wait it out the old-fashioned way.

  3. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    75
    I am in the same boat as you OP.

    When I decided to upgrade my engineered th12, I purchased gold pass and used all my accumulated gems to buy builder potions. I could get to max th10 defenses from max th8 defenses in a month. But the problem started at the end of the month. I couldn't participate in CWL as I had to put all heroes down with the loot from bank (I had low level heroes anyway).

    This time too I won't be able to participate as I don't want to lose the loot I paid for to others.

    The reason I didn't post here is because I know the kind of replies I would get. 'plan well', 'prioritize', 'be happy with what you get', 'spend more money on books'. No need to reply all. You can never convince these business analysts.

  4. #74
    Super Member crazybod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This is NOT a solution.

    If DE storage is full on the 15th, and I get a book, I upgrade. Saving that book and losing DE for the rest of the month is the same as losing DE at the end of the month.

    Use your books as soon as you have the DE.

    I stand by my suggestion that clan games and CWL should be swapped. Clan Games should come immediately after season ends. CWL should come around the middle of the month, which is about the time most of us get to the BoH.
    Not a solution? Seems a good idea to me. Plan ahead.

  5. #75
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This is NOT a solution.

    If DE storage is full on the 15th, and I get a book, I upgrade. Saving that book and losing DE for the rest of the month is the same as losing DE at the end of the month.

    Use your books as soon as you have the DE.

    I stand by my suggestion that clan games and CWL should be swapped. Clan Games should come immediately after season ends. CWL should come around the middle of the month, which is about the time most of us get to the BoH.
    You should follow what Kaledonian says.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I would only recommend that if you know you have another book coming. Otherwise, just put the hero down & wait it out the old-fashioned way.
    No one is forcing you to use your book right away. If it's more important for the heroes to be up for CWL, then in the middle of the month upgrade your hero and ride out the upgrade time. If you have the gold pass it's 20% shorter than normal as well. That way you have a book ready to go once the season bank is collected. This allows your heroes to be up (and higher level) for the CWL week.

    Other options include buying the book of heroes from the trader (500 gems is half the price of the full week upgrade time) or just using gems prior to your first CWL attack. If you can time the upgrade right, you can start it before the season bank is collected at the end of the month. Then CWL has 2 days to sign up, plus another 24 hours prior to the start of the first war. That'll shave a little bit of time off of the upgrade, reducing the amount of gems you would need.

    I've done both of these to have heroes up for CWL on my mini accounts. It just takes a little bit of planning to account for season end and CWL start.

  6. #76
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerChakri View Post
    I am in the same boat as you OP.

    When I decided to upgrade my engineered th12, I purchased gold pass and used all my accumulated gems to buy builder potions. I could get to max th10 defenses from max th8 defenses in a month. But the problem started at the end of the month. I couldn't participate in CWL as I had to put all heroes down with the loot from bank (I had low level heroes anyway).

    This time too I won't be able to participate as I don't want to lose the loot I paid for to others.

    The reason I didn't post here is because I know the kind of replies I would get. 'plan well', 'prioritize', 'be happy with what you get', 'spend more money on books'. No need to reply all. You can never convince these business analysts.
    I happen to be a business analyst. As I see it, don't complain that the store closes at 11PM because you failed to plan ahead and now your fridge is empty and you are hungry. Resource management is entirely under your control.

  7. #77
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This is NOT a solution.

    If DE storage is full on the 15th, and I get a book, I upgrade. Saving that book and losing DE for the rest of the month is the same as losing DE at the end of the month.

    Use your books as soon as you have the DE.

    I stand by my suggestion that clan games and CWL should be swapped. Clan Games should come immediately after season ends. CWL should come around the middle of the month, which is about the time most of us get to the BoH.
    No it isn't. It's mid month, put your hero down and opt out of regular war if you must.

    Also, we occasionally get more than one BoH in a month, and you can buy them for 500 gems too. Can't act like there are never options.

  8. #78
    Super Member crazybod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    765
    I would like to add to my previous post when I said " plan ahead", was a little rushed for time.

    Haven't read all of the thread so if I'm repeating,I apologise.

    There are loads of gems on the pass trail (gold or silver),have been plenty of challenges where you can collect them too,plus,clearing obstacles seems to generate quite a few more, books galore from clan games,free book of heroes at the end of the silver pass. You can sell items for gems too,and God forbid,even buy some.

    Clan war league generates medals which can be exchanged for hammers,builder potions etc.

    Clash of clans has always been about builder management and planning ahead. CWL is a a set time every month,no surprises there. What and when to upgrade next should be planned ahead to make the most of all the goodies Supercell gives us.

    If you have burned all these goodies and are sitting on overflowing loot and no way to spend it,it's your fault,not Supercells.

  9. #79
    Forum Elder PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    No it isn't. It's mid month, put your hero down and opt out of regular war if you must.

    Also, we occasionally get more than one BoH in a month, and you can buy them for 500 gems too. Can't act like there are never options.
    I buy every book the trader offers and any time one comes up as an event reward I jump on it. We always clear clan games, so I take the hero book there as often as it comes up. I even use gems to finish the hero once in a while. You missed a few options, too. Such as spending 250 gems for a one week shield.

    None of this changes the fact that season bank dumps into my coffers on the day CWL begins. If I opt in, my DE is transferred, one raid at a time, to strangers.

    Book storage is one BoH. The only way to 'save' a book is not to use it. That just moves the lost DE from one week to another. And if you put heroes down for seven days, and another book comes up, you have no way to collect it without using your current book, which means you opted out of war for no reason, and let your whole clan down. No, thank you.

    There are better solutions. Switching CWL and games would be easy, but you could also give a few days to collect the season bank, similar to clan games rewards. Or throw in a one week shield with the gold pass. Maybe this is what the players want.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I buy every book the trader offers and any time one comes up as an event reward I jump on it. We always clear clan games, so I take the hero book there as often as it comes up. I even use gems to finish the hero once in a while. You missed a few options, too. Such as spending 250 gems for a one week shield.

    None of this changes the fact that season bank dumps into my coffers on the day CWL begins. If I opt in, my DE is transferred, one raid at a time, to strangers.

    Book storage is one BoH. The only way to 'save' a book is not to use it. That just moves the lost DE from one week to another. And if you put heroes down for seven days, and another book comes up, you have no way to collect it without using your current book, which means you opted out of war for no reason, and let your whole clan down. No, thank you.

    There are better solutions. Switching CWL and games would be easy, but you could also give a few days to collect the season bank, similar to clan games rewards. Or throw in a one week shield with the gold pass. Maybe this is what the players want.
    Did you see Darian's response to this from another thread that Johnny posted?
    I put the link in my signature for future reference since this is brought up every couple of days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •