Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Matching May Not Happen Immediately

Unhappy 12 hr and above still no CWL opponents matched

Our clan is in CHAMPION 3 ... Yesterday, We searched for CWL but its been more than 12 hrs no opponents is matched... We have fear it may end up with no match found info like that with occurs in titan player attacking !!

To get a match based on 15v15 or 30v30 on combination with you division level. So changing members is not changing anything.

Restarting the search is also not helping you still have to wait for 7 other clans matching above parameters

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtar View Post
    Is this correct? Supercell actually creates a list and if you restart you get put at the bottom?
    I went to the grocery store and the checkout line was moving really slow. So I waited until I was next in line, then switched lines to another teller. Then again. And again. Finally I complained to the store manager because no matter how many times I went to the back of the line I never reached the teller.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Any rationale for doing that? no?
    Every attempt after ~10 hours of waiting search results

If only there were already a thread or six on this topic. Check the clan wars sub forum. Some very good answers in there.

Centennial Club
    Champs 2 and currently 13 hrs Searching for CWL matches and still searching

36h and waiting, champions 1, all max th12

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtar View Post
    Is this correct? Supercell actually creates a list and if you restart you get put at the bottom?
    No, it's not. There is a pool of about 200 clans searching, and groups of 8 are picked at random from that pool. Clans are not picked in the order they started searching (the whole reason for the large number of clans kept searching is to stop clans matching other clans who search at the same time).

So restarting doesn't do a lot of harm. But it does absolulely no good. Matching is just random, until 1 minute after signups close - and then all remaining clans are matched with each other randomly.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    ...There is a pool of about 200* clans searching, and groups of 8 are picked at random from that...

So restarting doesn't do a lot of harm. But it does absolulely no good. Matching is just random, until 1 minute after signups close - and then all remaining clans are matched with each other randomly.
    Which is why people in higher leagues wait for CWL to start, it's doing two things (maybe three)

1- waiting for that big pool of 200* clans to be formed. The higher the league, the longer this takes simply because there are fewer clans.

2- towards the end of CWL signup, it is NOT matching clans into groups of 8 even if it has 200* clans in the pool, because they have calculated (guessed?) that in the remaining X hours they will not form another group of 200* clans to match into groups of 8. So they have all clans match when CWL Matching ends, and match 300? Clans in one go.

3. Theoretically if they got to 401 clans, they could pull 200 of them out and match them and continue holding back the matching of the 201 they have left (it's probably what I would do)

If you're in situation 1 above, then cancelling a search will definitely slow you down. If you're in situation 2 then you're not really going to make a difference. IF They do 3 (we have no idea!) then cancelling a search might slow you down a little.

* I have just used Onyx's 200 for the example, I have no idea where 200 came from, but it seems pretty reasonable to me.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Which is why people in higher leagues wait for CWL to start, it's doing two things (maybe three)

1- waiting for that big pool of 200* clans to be formed. The higher the league, the longer this takes simply because there are fewer clans.

2- towards the end of CWL signup, it is NOT matching clans into groups of 8 even if it has 200* clans in the pool, because they have calculated (guessed?) that in the remaining X hours they will not form another group of 200* clans to match into groups of 8. So they have all clans match when CWL Matching ends, and match 300? Clans in one go.

3. Theoretically if they got to 401 clans, they could pull 200 of them out and match them and continue holding back the matching of the 201 they have left (it's probably what I would do)

If you're in situation 1 above, then cancelling a search will definitely slow you down. If you're in situation 2 then you're not really going to make a difference. IF They do 3 (we have no idea!) then cancelling a search might slow you down a little.

* I have just used Onyx's 200 for the example, I have no idea where 200 came from, but it seems pretty reasonable to me.
    I think restarting CWL search will make it take longer but that is just my opinion.

We know that all remaining clans match at the end of CWL so there is no reason to stop the search unless you need to make a sub.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked