Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Chickens

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    I believe in the Red Knight video, they say that as we get closer to the end of the season, we get more and more chickens show up....not sure I read that the correct way. That would be great, if we see more chickens to be picked up. I guess we just have to see. If so, we will work extra hard later on towards collecting chickens.
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by indyalways View Post
    It is a waste of precious fuel if youíre not working on collecting 250 chickens. The combination of fuel to get to the chicken then on to the shop you are headed toward is greater than just going to the shop with no chicken stop. Weíve tested it.
    It is only a waste of fuel if you have to make a detour to pick up the chicken, in which case you wouldn't be driving 'over' it on your way to a building.

If it's sat on a node/road stop that you will be driving over to get to a building you can drive to each individual node, one at a time, stop at the chicken one, tap on it to collect it & then carry on to your desired building. That uses no more fuel than if you tap on 'drive here' & go there without stopping at any other nodes en route.

You only use 1 fuel per node. You can get to a building, for example, 4 nodes away by tapping 'drive here', which will take you directly to the building without stops. Or, you can tap on each node indivually on the way to that building & if there's a chicken on one of them you can collect it. Both ways will only use 4 fuels. But the second way gets you a chicken too - bonus!😃

Quote Originally Posted by Midge123 View Post
    I don't think it matters if you are in a hood or not. I am a solo player and have 42 chickens.

I think it depends mostly on luck. And the players in your valley in a hood or not, will have to be very lucky indeed.

As a solo player youíve collected about 40 chickens a week. Thatís why youíll never ever manage to collect 250 chickens in 3 weeks, that's the point.
    Iíve 40 chickens at the moment as well and about 2.200 tokens.
    Some of my Facebook-friends are less active, but they are part of a big hood. They have about 600 tokens yet but already 95 chickens.

The problem is, there are many inactive players on the map. ThereĎre some players not moving since yesterday morning. Group tasks are not going to be done, broken trucks left unrepaired and nobody collects chickens

Not fair, but frustrating

Centennial Club
    This is one of the most ridiculous new features ever, and I had a hate on rose and Ernest when they first came out but this is much much much worse.

My THREE hoodmates and I have been working our tails off to get to 550 suns every day - it’s totally messing up our farming but we’re on mission because we’re good sports about it. By my count, we have accumulated 63 chickens over the last 6.5 days. We now have 69 in the valley shop.

That means the other 57 trucks in this valley have caught....wait for it....6 chickens in 6 days. Seriously!!!! Most of the trucks I can see, and I can only see 20 or so....don’t move day after day. We’re carrying the water, or in this case, chickens, for the entire valley and it’s totally unfair and non collaborative and stressful.

Not cool at all.
    Level 181 ♦️Town 65 ♦️ :Achievements 143/144 ♦️

Quote Originally Posted by Sophialica View Post
    As a solo player youíve collected about 40 chickens a week. Thatís why youíll never ever manage to collect 250 chickens in 3 weeks, that's the point.
    Iíve 40 chickens at the moment as well and about 2.200 tokens.
    Some of my Facebook-friends are less active, but they are part of a big hood. They have about 600 tokens yet but already 95 chickens.

The problem is, there are many inactive players on the map. ThereĎre some players not moving since yesterday morning. Group tasks are not going to be done, broken trucks left unrepaired and nobody collects chickens

Not fair, but frustrating
    It will have to be a big hood though and all players committed. My valley now has 79 chickens, more than a lot of small hoods judging by the posts here . I have only managed to catch about five of them.

I'm not stressed at all. I thinks SC said this is just meant to be something you pop in and play when you feel like it. And its not designed to be played as a team like the Derby. I can see how doing it that way would be a lot of work.

I collect as many suns for spins as I can (usually up to 200 one) then use all the fuel in one visit. And thats it for the day, back to normal business on the farm. I also have over 2000 tokens using this method. Can't see the chicken thing happening really. But just waiting till the end to see, not going out of my way to colect them. I might of done if the number needed was a lot lower.
    Last edited by Midge123; July 7th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

Centennial Club
    I have one complaint about those loose chickens on the road..

If there's a chicken on the road but it's under clouds, you'll see that chicken popup picture and it's quite easy to find there (I would hope that road chickens and group task would have different icons though).

However, If chicken pops up in a place that's already visible, there's no popup picture about it and it can be really difficult to spot them.

Also, those chicken pictures are quite slow to update so more than once the group task is already been done though the icon is still on top of the building.

Our valley has 86 chickens. Iíve only caught a couple and I make no apologies. I no longer go past 2-3 fuel spins because most tasks to earn fuel are a pain, mess up my farming, no fun. The most I can buy is 3 scrolls that I donít really care about, or some expensive BEMs or LEMs that I get daily anyway on my farm. I think the most frustrating thing is I like driving around the valley..... and it lasts all of a couple minutes because of fuel. 😢

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    I have one complaint about those loose chickens on the road..

If there's a chicken on the road but it's under clouds, you'll see that chicken popup picture and it's quite easy to find there (I would hope that road chickens and group task would have different icons though).

However, If chicken pops up in a place that's already visible, there's no popup picture about it and it can be really difficult to spot them.

Also, those chicken pictures are quite slow to update so more than once the group task is already been done though the icon is still on top of the building.
    This is very true and unnecessarily confusing. The chicken with no smiling chicken pop-up picture is virtually invisible on an iPad. I can't even imagine trying to spot it on my phone.

Worse yet, if you don't spot it and your route takes you over it, your truck does not stop. It just continues on to your destination. Your truck stops midway for a break-down; it stops midway if there is something (coins, tools) beside the road. I think it should stop automatically if it runs over a chicken. If that's not going to happen, at least give us some entertaining graphics like a feather or two to indicate that there is a chicken there which (fuel permitting) we can come back for.

I missed a chicken yesterday and didn't have any extra fuel. I read meonhoc's note that there are "smiling chickens" over the roadside chickens and thought I had missed something behind my task window. Nope. Today there was a chicken in the fog with the smiling chicken and a visible chicken on the road near me with no smiling chicken. I almost missed it again even though I was watching for it. If the valley is programmed to stop our trucks for other things in the road, it ought to be programmed to stop for chickens, too.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

Many chickens are so far away that is need 30 tanks of gas. I've also broken down on the way to chicken and then it's gone. I don't see how we'll reach 250 as we're at 45 now, unless the counter doesn't reset.

We caught our 200th chicken tonight! It’s important to remember not to spend your tokens if you want that CAR!

🇨🇦Tucker & Sons. Level a110/Town level 27/Achievements 143/144/ Pearl of the Sea: 03/07/17
    http://Www.thepowerfarmers.wordpress.com