Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What are your sun tasks in the Valley?

"Not amused" doesn't begin to describe my response to today's sun tasks:

10xCarrot=1 sun
    1xBoat crate=2 suns (♥♥♥!)
    2xFeed goats=5 suns

Free spin
    20 suns - fed 8 goats
    50 suns - will be possible when my goats are ready for another feeding. I only have 8 goats, so that would earn me 20 more suns. Meanwhile, I filled an entire boat (12 crates) for the grand total of 24 suns. If I plant 60 carrots that would bring me up to 50 suns. I can't imagine what I could do with this set of sun tasks to get 100 suns.
    100 suns - not happening today which is too bad since one of the daily tasks is "spin the Fuel of Fortune 3 times."

Tomorrow's sun tasks:
    1xDerby task=20 suns
    1xProduce a fish lure=8 suns (this might be good. I have quite a few worms stacked but uncollected.)
    2xFeed cows=1 sun

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Neighbours, Friends and Followers Should Populate the Valley

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    250 chickens...not a trucking chance!

We got 6 in the (short trial) I got 5 of them. It MIGHT BE possible if youíre in a big NH where you WANT to help each other, but playing Solo, the very few fandoms mooching about in the valley probably arenít going to be massively driven to waste fuel for a collective task that might not be achieved.

10 suns for 4 crates (hardly anyone requesting crate help though & im not calling boats)
    1 sun for duck/lobster trap (thereís a limit to how many you can do!
    1 Sun for FIFTEEN corn. Iím drowning in corn and getting very few suns for it.

...I need 200 suns for the next spin. Itís not going to happen tonight.

I just looked at tomorrowís tasks to cheer myself up a bit, and itís corn AGAIN. SERIOUSLY?!

Fuel wasted today due to the changing quests. Hopefully thatíll be a bit better going forward.

the Ďyouíre too far away, drive closer thing needs looking at too! More fuel or less mystery/ secrecy is required.
    Yep yep yep. My ďValley groupĒ has three chickens. All three were earned by my farms. No way are we getting 250 chickens.

That total is geared toward large NHs with members working together. I knew this was the case when the notes on the Valley specifically pointed out that your friends wouldnít be in the same Valley as you. It would have been much more equitable if SC had used friends and followers to populate each Valley rather than neighbours. Even better really, if it were friends, followers AND neighbours. I would guess that almost 100% of the gameís farms has friends and/or followers while the solo hoods, as the name implies, donít have neighbours.

There are supposed to be 60 players in each valley IIRC. So thatís more than enough to include a NH maxed out at 30 plus 30 more composed of friends and followers with strangers making up any shortfall.

I would be much more inclined to use precious fuel to try to reach the broken truck of my game friend ďNatalieís FarmĒ than I would the truck of an unknown player. In a Valley like that, even the strangers would benefit. Once they saw a goal in reach they would participate more.

All that to say:

1. I agree with SmallC,

2. Less than 12 hours in, Iíve already let go of the possibility of opening the specialty shop, and

3. Iím nevertheless going to enjoy the enjoyable bits of the Valley this season and hope for more changes next season.😉

Today's sun tasks: plant lettuce, feed cows, produce 1 fish lure.
    Tomorrow's: Cast 1 fishing net in lake, fill one boat crate, plant potatoes.

My fields have only lettuce, tomorrow I plan to be planting potatoes.
    I don't mind the tasks. I wish I had more fuel at the moment, but that's the game.
    It's a whole new area to explore~
    * Level 100 Farm named Terri Bug Acres. * Jyn's Ranch is the name of my baby farm-2019
    * Silo and Barn ... always striving to upgrade
    * I my Neighborhood!
    * Favorites: Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, my Orchard, and filling town orders.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    1xProduce a fish lure=8 suns (this might be good. I have quite a few worms stacked but uncollected.)
    I hate to pee on your chips, but it's not for collecting a lure, it's for putting one in the machine to be made!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    "Not amused" doesn't begin to describe my response to today's sun tasks:

10xCarrot=1 sun
    1xBoat crate=2 suns (♥♥♥!)
    2xFeed goats=5 suns

Free spin
    20 suns - fed 8 goats
    50 suns - will be possible when my goats are ready for another feeding. I only have 8 goats, so that would earn me 20 more suns. Meanwhile, I filled an entire boat (12 crates) for the grand total of 24 suns. If I plant 60 carrots that would bring me up to 50 suns. I can't imagine what I could do with this set of sun tasks to get 100 suns.
    100 suns - not happening today which is too bad since one of the daily tasks is "spin the Fuel of Fortune 3 times."
    Also MG, (a good thing this time I promise!) your '3 spins' daily quest should consist of the free spin, 20 suns spin & 50 suns spin, so you should fulfill that one, no?

All being as it should be with the daily quest timer, of course. 😒

Quote Originally Posted by Minkywinky View Post
    I am seriously starting to think there must be one negative nancy employee at supercell who likes to be the party pooper/spoiler. I mean who would recommend targetting 250 chickens???...and the clouds are still there. Seriously! Smh
    Totally agree when I saw 250 I was a little taken back!! I thinks time will tell but even with a 21 day season Iím doubtful. And the CLOUDS ugh I was hoping this would be gone or highly decreased. I had a fish building quest and I had NO idea where it was b/c it was covered by clouds and didnít know how to use my fuel wisely!! Not cool I really hope this gets changed as time goes on.

For my sun tasks they are sugarcane, feed cows and ducks (which Iíve discovered lobster nets count as well so thatís great)

My second set of sun coins is, feed any 10 animals for 3, duck for 10 and derby task above 235 (I think) for 10. Which Iím opting out this week b/c Iím not a blossom derby fan. Speaking of which. What ever happened to the themed derbyís? Like the seasonal derbies or bday derby ect? We only have reg, blossom, power and bingo now. I did enjoy the those and would feel like they were a good mix

I am stuck needing 200 suns. I can
    Feed 100 goats 😂
    Plant 100 tomatoes😱
    Do 100 trucks. 🥴

Itís laughable. Who came up with these numbers.
    AND the prices in the shop?$$$$$$$$

It could be fun but not with so little payback for so much input.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Place one duck or lobster trap for 10 suns
    Plant one lettuce for 1 sun
    Complete one derby task of 235 pts or more for 20 suns

I have dropped numerous ducks and lobster traps, filled my plots with lettuce and now waiting for the derby to begin to get 155 more suns to complete the required 200.

What irks me is that I saw this squawking chicken and after spending lots of fuel to get there, I found all 3 slots already filled indicating 3 other people already picked up the chicken! So why was this chicken still squawking at me? I was not able to complete the task at that building, so basically I wasted all that fuel for nothing!

Then I went to another building that required delivering goods....back to that same building with the squawking chicken...yes, chicken still squawking(!) and I could not deliver the goods (tapping on "complete" was not possible).

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a glitch??
    Last edited by Xtalline; July 2nd, 2019 at 04:55 AM.
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Littletessa View Post
    It could be fun but not with so little payback for so much input.
    That perfectly summarizes my feelings about the Valley so far.

Tomorrow’s sun tasks: Duck/lobster traps again (2nd day in a row), feed farm animals, and derby tasks.

1 truck delivery = 2 suns
    1 strawberry = 2 suns
    Feed 2 cows = 1 sun
    Worst sun tasks I've had!

Now trying to get 100 suns but it is daytime here and I can't afford to fill more fields with strawberries atm!
    Looks like I'll miss this fuel spin 🤔 or maybe not .....

The sun tasks daily change time is 10am here so its thrown me off and the derby starts at 6pm .....
    Time to change it up anyway 😎