Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix BM Pathing

Centennial Club

Fix BM Pathing

Why can't we get BM pathing to be more sensible? He will see a building across a wall and choose to run by 10 buildings to get to that one building. Instead of doing a straight line shortest path why not include walls in the path calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Luitjens View Post
    Why can't we get BM pathing to be more sensible? He will see a building across a wall and choose to run by 10 buildings to get to that one building. Instead of doing a straight line shortest path why not include walls in the path calculation?
    Wait, you want to nerf my strategy that's dependent on the BM walking past a crusher, then sticking his butt under it while he hammers at a storage?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Wait, you want to nerf my strategy that's dependent on the BM walking past a crusher, then sticking his butt under it while he hammers at a storage?
    It's a lot worse then just that. I've seen a number of times lately where he will walk for 10 seconds through buildings to get to a specific building. It's such horrible AI.

Forum Elder
    Its really bad, i don't think there's much anyone can disagree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luitjens View Post
    It's a lot worse then just that. I've seen a number of times lately where he will walk for 10 seconds through buildings to get to a specific building. It's such horrible AI.
    Oh, absolutely. That was just reflective of a few attacks I had where he did that. I've been using him more for extra percentage now, I set h up next to a row of trash buildings on the outside to take out. He does two, then decides to hammer on a wall until he gets killed.

It’s just the way that bases are built deliberately to exploit the vulnerability in his AI. If they fix it, no doubt new bases will pop up which will make him wander into the crushers again!

once he is fixated on a taget nothing will stop him. most annoying part of it for me is when he walks around 10 nonexistent walls because he set himself on a path. in the meantime bombers took out all those walls. i think it should recalculate closest building every 2 seconds or so

Centennial Club
    Another fun one is when you have two adjacent camps that are side by side. BM comes from the side and kills one. Then turns and hits on a max wall instead of getting the building 2 tiles away.

He’s dumb. Don’t mind him. He has saved me many times in attacks tho. To all those people who hated the BM before the GC nerf, SUX IT!!

It's either make you feeling angry, or feeling grateful because of his bad path made your opponent attack failed 😐