Thread: red circle notifications in tab for neighborhood panel (left-hand side of screen)

Question red circle notifications in tab for neighborhood panel (left-hand side of screen)

I've noticed that the left-hand neighborhood information panel shows a red "alert" circle when you initiate certain actions... e.g. when you ask for help with a tree/bush, or make a trade request.
    I don't think my own "ask" should trigger the red circle on my screen. I already *know* I asked for help, since I was the one asking. It seems unnecessary for the tab to tell YOU that YOU did something.
    Is the intent of this notification to let you see when the action is completed? (for example, does the red circle go away once another farmer helps?) I personally find it distracting to see the red circle - it makes me think that someone ELSE in the neighborhood needs help. I usually end up clearing out my alert by clicking on the tab, or else the red circle seems to stay there? For me it's extra work to clear out useless information = less fun.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by guineapigfarm View Post
    I've noticed that the left-hand neighborhood information panel shows a red "alert" circle when you initiate certain actions... e.g. when you ask for help with a tree/bush, or make a trade request.
    I don't think my own "ask" should trigger the red circle on my screen. I already *know* I asked for help, since I was the one asking. It seems unnecessary for the tab to tell YOU that YOU did something.
    Is the intent of this notification to let you see when the action is completed? (for example, does the red circle go away once another farmer helps?) I personally find it distracting to see the red circle - it makes me think that someone ELSE in the neighborhood needs help. I usually end up clearing out my alert by clicking on the tab, or else the red circle seems to stay there? For me it's extra work to clear out useless information = less fun.

Thoughts?
    I, personally, find the notification (to my own help request, for example) helpful because when the notification disappears, I know that someone has helped and I can then send off the boat, truck, serve the donation to townies, etc. So, I do believe this is the reason that the 'requestor' is also getting this notification.
    Thank you TerMinus for the Halloween Party Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I, personally, find the notification (to my own help request, for example) helpful because when the notification disappears, I know that someone has helped and I can then send off the boat, truck, serve the donation to townies, etc. So, I do believe this is the reason that the 'requestor' is also getting this notification.
    I agree with you Tahoe. Sometimes they don’t show up which is disconcerting but I like them and rely on them to a certain extent.

Farm Level 174. Town 53. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.