Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Valley - Basic rules

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    If Jemima doesn't mind, go to your devices "Settings", then " Storage", scroll to "Cached data". When you tap it, you should get a confirmation message to clear cache for all apps. Select OK.

OR, if you only want to clear cache for HD, go to device Settings>Apps>Hayday>Clear cache (if you don't see the last option, select Storage, then Clear cache). Be sure NOT to select Clear data by mistake- " data" is not the same as "cache data".
    Thanks so much, Tahoe, for your clear instructions. I will give it a try!
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Thanks so much, Tahoe, for your clear instructions. I will give it a try!
    Tahoe, on my Android I was successful in clearing my HD cache....YAY!...but out of fuel. So glad you warned me about not clearing the data but only the cache! On my iPhone, I haven't been able to find where to clear the HD cache yet, but I will keep looking. Once again, thanks!
    HayDay Level 164
    Been playing HD 6 years

I would like to know the meaning of the message “This building can make requests”.

“New request coming soon” makes sense, and I have benefited from sitting around at a building (no fuel) and waiting for the new order. However, the “building can make requests” message is not helpful without more information. Will a request eventually pop up?

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    I would like to know the meaning of the message “This building can make requests”.

“New request coming soon” makes sense, and I have benefited from sitting around at a building (no fuel) and waiting for the new order. However, the “building can make requests” message is not helpful without more information. Will a request eventually pop up?
    Yes, that's exactly what I am puzzled over. It MUST mean something different from "Request coming soon" which appears after my own truck had visited and filled the request and a new request has to be generated. "This buliding can make requests" leads me to think that maybe somebody else had visited the building and filled the task. That's why I had previously asked whether a request could be taken by another player leaving us with none at that building.

I actually sent a message to Help & Support about this. I'm not sure the person who responded really knows, because he only said it means those buildings can make requests for you but not just yet. They will take some time to generate, but at some point in the day there will be requests. I have reservation on his response because he thought I was also asking about rare sightings of Expansion Permits but I had not mention Expansion Permits at all in my query.

I am a little hesistant to stay around an area with other trucks around becuase that might mean there are more buildings that "can make requests" but haven't generated them yet....and not any time soon!
    HayDay Level 164
    Been playing HD 6 years

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Tahoe, on my Android I was successful in clearing my HD cache....YAY!...but out of fuel. So glad you warned me about not clearing the data but only the cache! On my iPhone, I haven't been able to find where to clear the HD cache yet, but I will keep looking. Once again, thanks!
    Glad it worked! Feel free to PM me about the phone if you'd like and I will try to be of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If a wheel fell off your canoe, how much pancake mix would it take to shingle your roof?

Made some changes to post #1 for clarification. See changelog.

About various message when you tap on a building, these are my observations and my thoughts in Season 1 so far:

1. About request:
      • Request (except group order) is personal and level dependent. Different players don't always see the same request and/or same token reward. You can watch other truck stopping at and leaving building while the request at that same building stays the same for you.
      • Each request has a timer that is relevant to you only, it starts counting down when the request becomes visible to you.

2. You can tap on any building up to 5 nodes away from your current position to see what the request is. Any request has a limited time after which request will expire.
      • If request expires, new request will be available in 30 minutes
      • If player completes a request, new request will be available in 4 hours
      • During this cool down time, building within your visibility will display "New request coming soon".
      • If you move away from building you had previously seen request, if building is not covered by cloud, request may still available to be seen and timer keeps going.

3. If a building is not covered by the cloud, some of them can display "This building can make request"
      • Building is not covered by the cloud and previous cool down timer has expired
      • When you come closer (truck stopped) and the building is within 5 nodes away from your current position, the request will be avalable right away with the timer starts counting down
      • Watching a timer expiring : the pop up changes from " New Request coming soon / New request in : 0 s" to "This building can make request" then, if your truck is near enough, immediately to the actual request with its timer. If your truck is far, the message stays at "This building can make request".

4. In the Valley, some buildings can display "Too far away, drive closer to see details"
      • You are actually too far away from the building and did not check its request previously
      • Thers is some cloud (even almost transparent) near it, move closer and you can see the cloud being blown away
      • Any other case, especally when the Valley has trouble generating new request.

In summary:
    - Request details is relevant to you only. Group order request is open for all to see.
    - "New request coming soon": previous request available has expired or been completed
    - "This building can make request" : a request is ready for you, come closer to uncover the request, timer will start counting down
    - "Too far away, drive closer to see details" : all other cases
    Last edited by meonhoc; July 12th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 134♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

New Bloke/Chick

Map of the entire valley

Is there a map of the valley? I need to visit a certain building for one of my tasks but it must be covered and I have no idea which direction to drive and do not want to waste my gas.

Quote Originally Posted by howlin5 View Post
    Is there a map of the valley? I need to visit a certain building for one of my tasks but it must be covered and I have no idea which direction to drive and do not want to waste my gas.
    I added a link to one thread discussing dicussing Valley map in post #1. This one is known for Season 1.

Follow the links in this thread.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 134♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Thank you so much, meonhoc, for all your work on this! The info in your recent post about the meaning and timing of different building request pop ups is just what I needed!

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

You are very welcome, MiniGardener.

Thanks everyone for asking, otherwise I wouldn't know what others have been wondering. I explore the map a bit and run around in a driverless truck, happy to share my experience.