Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valley - Basic rules

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Hi, can someone explain what is the difference between "This building can make requests" and "New request coming soon"? What exactly does "This building can make requests" mean? When I get there, there are no requests. Will there be a request soon?

Another question I have concerning tasks...Can somebody else's truck get to a building before I do and do the task so that when I get there I have to wait for a new request to appear? Or will "New request coming soon" show up ONLY if I had done the task myself?
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Hi, can someone explain what is the difference between "This building can make requests" and "New request coming soon"? What exactly does "This building can make requests" mean? When I get there, there are no requests. Will there be a request soon?

Another question I have concerning tasks...Can somebody else's truck get to a building before I do and do the task so that when I get there I have to wait for a new request to appear? Or will "New request coming soon" show up ONLY if I had done the task myself?
    Whenever I get the 'this building can make requests' message I log out of the game, clear cache & log back in again, then there is a request available.

I would also like to know whether the building requests we see are just for us, or whether someone else can pick them up before we can get there. I'm getting the impression, through playing, that the requests we see are personal to us & every player gets their own, but I may be wrong.

Post 1 updated.

New info:
    - max fuel is 99
    - season 1 screenshots
    - "black roof" issue fixed (announcement link)

More observations needed for "This building can make request" and various messages explanation.

Thanks!!

This helped me a lot!!

I inadvertently drove over a chicken that was on a roadside stop dot. Unlike the occasional side-of-the-road finds (coins, tools) where my truck automatically stops and gives me the option to pick it up, I didn’t get the option to pick up the chicken. I didn’t see a “smiling chicken” sign above it, but that may have been because the window associated with my order covered it*. The chicken itself is so similar to the size/color of the stop dot that I didn’t see it until I had already chosen to drive straight to my next delivery. In fact, I didn’t see it until I had arrived at my destination...past the chicken.

So so unless this is a glitch, the message is:
    Check the road leading to your next stop for nesting chickens and be sure to stop at the appropriate dot on the way to your delivery.

I’m having a fine time while I’m out of fuel sitting at the last building I served and waiting for a new request to pop up. The sign on the building reads “new request coming soon”. So far, I’ve filled 3 requests and collected tokens without moving my truck. Very fuel efficient.

*I find that the task window also covers much of the dotted route showing where a delivery is to be made. It makes it impossible to figure out the fuel needed to make a delivery. I just looked at a possible delivery where the blue dots disappear into to fog. I would need 4 fuel plus whatever is hidden in the fog. Is there a maximum distance a delivery will require? I’m not going to use fuel to go to a shop and pick up a delivery if I can’t be reasonably sure of the cost to deliver it.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; July 7th, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    Whenever I get the 'this building can make requests' message I log out of the game, clear cache & log back in again, then there is a request available.

I would also like to know whether the building requests we see are just for us, or whether someone else can pick them up before we can get there. I'm getting the impression, through playing, that the requests we see are personal to us & every player gets their own, but I may be wrong.
    Thanks, Jemima! Sorry for being dense, but is my cache automatically cleared when I log out or do I have to do something to clear it?
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Thanks, Jemima! Sorry for being dense, but is my cache automatically cleared when I log out or do I have to do something to clear it?
    If Jemima doesn't mind, go to your devices "Settings", then " Storage", scroll to "Cached data". When you tap it, you should get a confirmation message to clear cache for all apps. Select OK.

OR, if you only want to clear cache for HD, go to device Settings>Apps>Hayday>Clear cache (if you don't see the last option, select Storage, then Clear cache). Be sure NOT to select Clear data by mistake- " data" is not the same as "cache data".
    Last edited by Tahoe; July 8th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    If Jemima doesn't mind, go to your devices "Settings", then " Storage", scroll to "Cached data". When you tap it, you should get a confirmation message to clear cache for all apps. Select OK.

OR, if you only want to clear cache for HD, go to device Settings>Apps>Hayday>Clear cache (if you don't see the last option, select Storage, then Clear cache). Be sure NOT to select Clear data by mistake- " data" is not the same as "cache data".
    Not only do I NOT mind, Tahoe, I'm very grateful that you wrapped that answer up so neatly, which saved Xtalline from my probable waffley, incoherent response!!😆

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    I inadvertently drove over a chicken that was on a roadside stop dot. Unlike the occasional side-of-the-road finds (coins, tools) where my truck automatically stops and gives me the option to pick it up, I didn’t get the option to pick up the chicken. I didn’t see a “smiling chicken” sign above it, but that may have been because the window associated with my order covered it*. The chicken itself is so similar to the size/color of the stop dot that I didn’t see it until I had already chosen to drive straight to my next delivery. In fact, I didn’t see it until I had arrived at my destination...past the chicken.
    There isn't a sign over roadside stop chicken unless it's under clouds. So they are really hard to spot otherwise and in addition your truck doesn't make automatic stop for that.

Totally different question: Is the still any information when or how often chickens appear in the valley? Is there maximum number of how many chickens signs we can see? Can we see all signs or just those that are in some proximity to our truck? In addition, I've also seen chicken sign over a building that is still waiting the task to be generated (and when the timer ran out, indeed the generated task was a group task). Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post

I’m having a fine time while I’m out of fuel sitting at the last building I served and waiting for a new request to pop up. The sign on the building reads “new request coming soon”. So far, I’ve filled 3 requests and collected tokens without moving my truck. Very fuel efficient.
    it.
    Great tip about checking the request as they pop up while waiting for fuel. I hadn’t thought about that.
    Clover ’Girls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 80+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC