Thread: Is it time to set minimums to create a clan?

Is it time to set minimums to create a clan?

Over the years supercell have put minimum requirements on content. Th6 to do clan games, th7 to get season rewards, th8 to use trader. But any th3 with zero game experience can create a clan. Should some minimums be put in place to create a clan and what should they be? Iím seeing far too many new players create a clan and recruit in global chat only to be deeply disappointed at the results.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippeekyaa View Post
    Over the years supercell have put minimum requirements on content. Th6 to do clan games, th7 to get season rewards, th8 to use trader. But any th3 with zero game experience can create a clan. Should some minimums be put in place to create a clan and what should they be? I’m seeing far too many new players create a clan and recruit in global chat only to be deeply disappointed at the results.
    The topic has been discussed many times.
    SC doesnt see any reason to prevent anyone from creating a clan, and why should they?
    It is individual choice, same way as it is individual choice as to whether anyone joins said clan.
    Even if they are left disappointed, at least they tried, if that was their wish.

The reason for placing minimum requirements on events, is to promote growth.
    They are progression tools, so in order to qualify, you need to at least have shown some effort previously.

But for clan generation and management issues, they see no need to interfere.
    Wars can be fought at any hall level, once you have at least 5 accounts in order to qualify for the lowest war size.

And how does a th3 starting a clan affect your game play? Unless your established clan wants to recruit from the same player base?
    Last edited by Warios; June 29th, 2019 at 03:39 AM.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    I think merely raising cost would help.

As I say every time this idea comes up, I think the sheer number of clans makes recruiting harder for clashers that genuinely want to build a clan. the competition is insane for those new players and new clans, and it is difficult for serious recruiters to find people.

These active for twenty minute clans also die quickly, probably taking some potentially active clashers with them. Clashers that with donates and some chatter might have stayed, but instead they got bored and went to play fortnite instead.

Raise the cost. Any clasher could still build a clan, but they would have to work for it a bit.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.