Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [LEGEND LEAGUE] Ideas for Tracking Progress

The top cups list (leaderboard) should not update with every attack. It should only adjust each persons score(cups) after an even number of offenses and defenses. 8 attacks and 2 defenses should list a score from first 2 attacks and the 2 defenses for example. Not adding in 3rd attack score until after 3rd defense is taken.

As it is now i can do 8 average attacks real fast beginning of the day and go from #150 in usa to #10 in the usa. And nobody can tell i still owe defenses because my attacks and defenses are not listed publicly. This doesnt make any sense for an "even playing field" or for a skill based system.

Also it is a large disadvantage for people in countries where the league day starts as they are going to sleep (like the entire western hemisphere). Attacking 8 times beginning of league day vs attacking 8 times at the end of league day keeps u ranked 200+ cups lower for most of the day if u attack late in the day compared to if u attack early. Thats the difference between #800 in the world and #10 in the world. The only accurate list is for about 5 minutes right before league day ends as everyone has an even number of attacks and defenses contributing to their listed score.

To summarise: first attack or defense should not contribute to top score list or to highest cups reached (in profile) until after there is a matching defense to that first offense. Or a matching offense to that first defense.

A 2nd lesser solution is only update top score list at league day end. This would be easiest for sc but i dont like how it would take some if the realtime feel from attacking.

I pointed out this potential issue before update even dropped.

P.s. new legend league is awesome other than this issue. But this is a big issue affecting fairness and accurate skill ranking for 99% of the league day.

At a very minimum leaderboard should display (# of attacks used today) minus (# of defenses taken today) publicly next to each players cups so we can all see how many defenses they owe at any given time. To manually figure out how incorrect their rank actually is.

U could add an info button to attack and defense tabs to display a condensed splitscreen window that displays side by side list of attacks and defenses basic stats. Stars, percent, cups, etc.

Edit: made grammar corrections and corrected 300 to 200+
    Last edited by GameTheory; July 28th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    The top cups list (leaderboard) should not update with every attack. It should only adjust each persons score(cups) after an even number of offenses and defenses. 8 attacks and 2 defenses should list a score from first 2 attacks and the 2 defenses for example. Not adding in 3rd attack score until after 3rd defense is taken.

As it is now i can do 8 average attacks real fast beginning of the day and go from #150 in usa to #10 in the usa. And nobody can tell i still owe defenses because my attacks and defenses are not listed publicly. This doesnt make any sense for an "even playing field" or for a skill based system.

Also it is a large disadvantage for people in countries where the league day starts as they are going to sleep (like the entire western hemisphere). Attacking 8 times beginning of league day vs attacking 8 times at the end of league day keeps u ranked 200+ cups lower for most of the day if u attack late in the day compared to if u attack early. Thats the difference between #800 in the world and #10 in the world. The only accurate list is for about 5 minutes right before league day ends as everyone has an even number of attacks and defenses contributing to their listed score.

To summarise: first attack or defense should not contribute to top score list or to highest cups reached (in profile) until after there is a matching defense to that first offense. Or a matching offense to that first defense.

A 2nd lesser solution is only update top score list at league day end. This would be easiest for sc but i dont like how it would take some if the realtime feel from attacking.

I pointed out this potential issue before update even dropped.

P.s. new legend league is awesome other than this issue. But this is a big issue affecting fairness and accurate skill ranking for 99% of the league day.

At a very minimum leaderboard should display (# of attacks used today) minus (# of defenses taken today) publicly next to each players cups so we can all see how many defenses they owe at any given time. To manually figure out how incorrect their rank actually is.

U could add an info button to attack and defense tabs to display a condensed splitscreen window that displays side by side list of attacks and defenses basic stats. Stars, percent, cups, etc.

Edit: made grammar corrections and corrected 300 to 200+
    I would suggest that end of day is the quickest they should update it. Although it would appear to hide real-time updates, who actually believes that it matters if they are number 75 in the world for all of 15 seconds?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    just to add some colour to my post, here are some pics to go with it, this is how things could look soon:

If possible you could add "Favorite Base" and "Favorite Clan Castle Troops" with an icon below of Th and CC respectively each with a little blue square at the top right corner containing a white i which when pressed will reveal a thumbnail of the base layout (much as it does now in the profile) or the Troop Icons most often used in the given period.

EDiT: The "Previous Day" screen would be better off to state the total cups won and the total cups lost on defence rather than the averages. Hopefully I will have time to add these and post more pics.

And here's how the Attack/defence Log could look like

Have Fun
    TS
    Something like this would be amazing. Looks great, nice and simple to show how you’ve done on offence and defensive on a day

Centennial Club
    I like the looks of the stat screen. But just a log on defense screen showing defenses completed and number remaining would be enough. Or the red line dividing that days defenses from older ones. Or another option would be to different color background on older attacks.

change in the treasure tower

Hello, I want to give a subtle suggestion for a future update. This is the "collection of the treasure tower" rather than just having the option to "collect all castle resources at once", you could have the option of choosing which resource to collect, ie for example It is possible to collect only the dark elixir from the castle, and the other resources would be stored normally in the castle and could collect at any time.

Example: Option 1 would be to collect only gold.

Option 2 would be elixir collection only.

Option 3 would be for black elixir collection only.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    just to add some colour to my post, here are some pics to go with it, this is how things could look soon:

If possible you could add "Favorite Base" and "Favorite Clan Castle Troops" with an icon below of Th and CC respectively each with a little blue square at the top right corner containing a white i which when pressed will reveal a thumbnail of the base layout (much as it does now in the profile) or the Troop Icons most often used in the given period.

EDiT: The "Previous Day" screen would be better off to state the total cups won and the total cups lost on defence rather than the averages. Hopefully I will have time to add these and post more pics.

And here's how the Attack/defence Log could look like

Have Fun
    TS
    Is any of this in the works?

It's not that I don't enjoy math. But it would be nice to not have to figure the time elapsed in the league day to see how many defenses have been used!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    Is any of this in the works?

It's not that I don't enjoy math. But it would be nice to not have to figure the time elapsed in the league day to see how many defenses have been used!
    Hopefully

2 updates are stated until the end of the year. Maybe either it will pop by itself, or there’ll be a QoL request thread in general ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... But, we won’t know until either happens.

For sure, it is confusing at the moment, and simply adding a daily marker in replay list would help a lot. Other proposals would be great(er).

Stay tuned.

Edit: optional update dropped today.

Centennial Club
    Love the battle log. Such a simple one that everyone’s wanted and makes things so much easier to give a summary on how you’ve actually done that day.

Great job SC

This just got added

Centennial Club
    Love the battle log! Thanks!