Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update... What update??

Update... What update??

I realize this was a trial run with valley but then why was this considered an update when itís only available for a couple of days. Even though thereís a lot of glitches and it was frustrating it was something new to do. Now itís gone with no real update. Really donít want to complain just trying to point it out.

To take your post seriously...Iím glad that the valley seasons are not constant. I personally wish the Derby were intermittent.

As far as ďwhat update?Ē goes...I agree. Weíve apparently got a peacock cake to look forward to, some new Derby deco prizes, and we can thrill to the new look of the boosters. This was an even greater case of ďall our eggs in one basketĒ than I feared. Have I missed any nice little back-of-house stuff besides the boosters? Tabs to sort our barn inventory? Inventory totals on machines? New seasonal/holiday offerings from Maggie? New summer season decor in the shop? Warning window that Iím cutting down an old-growth original tree?
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 27th, 2019 at 08:09 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Centennial Club
    Sorry for my negativity - but to me this is a big joke !
    I bought 3 items from the valley shop before it closed.
    These same 3 items I would easily have gotten within one hour of wheating...
    Breakdowns, no fuel, nothing to do but wait in the Valley - whatís fun about that ?
    Wonít be spending much time there in the future 😞

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    To take your post seriously...Iím glad that the valley seasons are not constant. I personally wish the Derby were intermittent.
    Agreed, I donít mind it being intermediate. Or even it being a trail run to fix glitches, get feed back ect. However, for this to be considered the update with nothing else improved or new Itís very disappointing. Yes we got some derby deco which I love & appreciate but weíve waited a long time for this update and thereís nothing... 😕
    Last edited by summerl; June 27th, 2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by summerl View Post
    Agreed, I don’t mind it being intermediate. Or even it being a trail run to fix glitches, get feed back ect. However, for this to be considered the update with nothing else improved or new It’s very disappointing. Yes we got some derby deco which I love & appreciate but we’ve waited a long time for this update and there’s nothing... 
    Exactly!!!!
    I just scrolled back through the Announcement forum to remind myself what the non-featured improvements were in the past. Here are some of my favorites and the update they arrived in:
    • Winter 2018 (New Farm Space and Deco Space) — improvement to Bingo Derby that allows us to complete single Derby lines
    • Fall 2018 (Truck and Town Help) — fishing booster & platinum fish
    • Summer 2018 (Birthday) — 3 new fishing spots
    • Spring 2018 (Maggie) — double tap confirmation for Tom, announcement of Supercell ID
    • Winter 2017 (Baby Sanctuary Animals) — tweak of Town Hall UI, multiple stops for PT, RSS min/max button, “no ad” default in RSS, seagull on boat when “help” crates are filled.

All those fabulous things that came along with the baby sanctuary animals in December of 2017 were listed by Nick in the update announcement under the heading “Quality of Life”. Exactly!! Those are the things that improve our farming experience on a daily basis. I continue to appreciate them long after I’ve gotten my last baby animal. (I appreciate the beautiful plants they came with, but they’ve been asleep with their parents since the day they arrived.) The Quality of Life factor was missing in this update.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 27th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

I just can’t fathom why after six months they couldn’t have launched this glitchy experiment which has merit but problems, and ALSO given us a pair of horses (asking for YEARS), a new item to catch in the fishing area, and some non-derby deco ....it would have bought so much good will, wouldn’t have involved elaborate new code, and would have made this update seem more like...an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark10 View Post
    I just can’t fathom why after six months they couldn’t have launched this glitchy experiment which has merit but problems, and ALSO given us a pair of horses (asking for YEARS), a new item to catch in the fishing area, and some non-derby deco ....it would have bought so much good will, wouldn’t have involved elaborate new code, and would have made this update seem more like...an update.
    Yes, exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark10 View Post
    Here here Aardvark - AND please deliver the long promised AMOOZING development off the beach

The valley whilst being an interesting addition is NOT an update to our daily farming experience
    Last edited by Sooty123; June 28th, 2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Farm 241, Town 82
    Everything complete....just..
    13 Scrolls to go!!
    Barn 13,300 - Silo 12,250
    kik: perky76

The Valley will go to the box of forgotten features, along with the decorator and the moustache man and his clinging wife (I don't even remember their names)

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundgren150 View Post
    The Valley will go to the box of forgotten features, along with the decorator and the moustache man and his clinging wife (I don't even remember their names)
    Every farmer has their own ways of working. I treasure Ernest and Rose, they keep my farm really running smoothly. I couldnít do without them. They are sadly missed on my baby farm.