Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valley-tokens not carrying over--why not?

Valley-tokens not carrying over--why not?

Valley tokens are so hard to get--multiple hoops to jump through.
    Then there's the problem of getting too many of one kind, filling your bank, and being unable to buy anything to correct it till after season is over--so basically--no point in playing further if this happens during a season.

Why not make tokens carry forward? Seems like the goodwill/fair thing to do. Hayday certainly feels a lot less fun, a lot more busy work (and this is supposed be fun/feel rewarding) than it did 2013-2016 era--what gives?

Otherwise you would be in infinite deadlock situations if your token wallet is full (1000/1000) but you don't have enough of each token to buy anything.

So, bad design fixed with by poor playability.
    Last edited by zetis; June 27th, 2019 at 01:31 PM.

The Valley is a game. And like most game especially board games like this is designed after, you don’t carry over to the next game. Tokens are not hard to come by at all and build up really quickly as you play.

Also take in to consideration management in a game. Strategies for best rewards and directions. Sometimes taking a task is not the best if it gives a bad balance. I found during the test stage it easy to balance tokens as I wanted to have 200 of each for the final shop prizes. Any other tokens I spent on items in the shop as I progressed. The only times it went wrong were on unexpeted rewards but even then no issues.

Im in the process of making some Valley strategy and play vids. Will upload the five I’ve made soonish.

I honestly disagree, and think that tokens should not carry over. Otherwise people could fill up their wallets and get more prizes next season, if they already start with some.

Fresh Spawn
    Well the season is done. I spent as many tokens as I could, as requested. I had 15 chickens are they gone forever? Was I expected to get 50 in those very few days? I played none stop. Constantly checking for chickens and earning gas! Feeling pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    The Valley is a game. And like most game especially board games like this is designed after, you don’t carry over to the next game. Tokens are not hard to come by at all and build up really quickly as you play.

Also take in to consideration management in a game. Strategies for best rewards and directions. Sometimes taking a task is not the best if it gives a bad balance. I found during the test stage it easy to balance tokens as I wanted to have 200 of each for the final shop prizes. Any other tokens I spent on items in the shop as I progressed. The only times it went wrong were on unexpeted rewards but even then no issues.

Im in the process of making some Valley strategy and play vids. Will upload the five I’ve made soonish.
    did you get the final valley shop to open ranger ? Did your group manage 50 chickens? The highest number I’ve managed to discover is a group that had 33.

It is a Season! You can't take over your derby points for the next week aswell.... They try their best to implement new content it is not like they force you to play the valley. The valley is just a little bonus for those who want to play.

Trainee
    I think it might be a really good idea to be able to carry over tokens, but to have some really big prizes that you would save up for. This would also give you the motivation to play during the following seasons. As it is a box of nails or an axe is not really encouragement to continue playing. After all you can get bigger quantities with less time and hassle by wheating or feeding your animals. So for me, their has to be something more.

Trainee
    I think this round was just a test? To see how things would work? I had several glitches that I’m sure will be addressed . I had a truck break down. Time went by, was able to use truck but! Still showed a broken down truck on map!?!? So it was weird. Also? Other neighbors were not able to see my truck on their map to help fix it? How does that work?

Personally I’m fine with them not caring forward, but I think it would be nice to be able to buy ‘lesss value’ items with them at the end - like butter etc.i didn’t have enough of each thing to buy anything else apparently, but I had a lot of two colours which were then. ‘Wasted’ it would be nice to be able to use them to buy regular stuff
    Very sad to be losing our much loved forum ~ and many friends
    Level 183 (51Town)150/150 Achievements
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)