Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valley-tokens not carrying over--why not?

Yes. On all three farms I was able to buy from the shop both during the test and after.

No. For the chickens my farms never had all the chickens. On reason I assume is the fact that all players vanished and as a result any gotten may not have counted.

Ive seen higher than 33. One team was almost 50 but didn’t quite make it. If others did I’m not sure.

The valley is normally longer so chances will be greater and with the 60 players in each valley I feel it’s possible if thy don’t vanish. The test stage was problematic and I hope with all the issues raised here and behind the scenes by us content creators they will be fixed for the real start.

I don't mind that tokens don't carry over I just don't like how uneven the token distribution seems to be. I had over 200 pink and green tokens but no blue ones so they all went to waste. I don't think there should be more than a 10 or 15 difference between tokens on any given task/delivery. I do wish that gas would carry over tho or at least not double the amount of sun tokens after every spin. If they have to increase it should be in increments like by 50.
    *LvL 100 Farmer
    *Neighborhood : The Jolly Ranchers (Quiet, Friendly, Daily Players) English Speakers Only Pls!
    *Feel free to friend me or join our neighborhood! GC: Dreya

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    The valley is normally longer so chances will be greater and with the 60 players in each valley I feel it’s possible if thy don’t vanish. The test stage was problematic and I hope with all the issues raised here and behind the scenes by us content creators they will be fixed for the real start.
    Ranger, I notice that you write that a regular-length valley season would have 60 farmers potentially on the map. I never saw more than 10 trucks in the valley. I understand that only a small percentage of any given neighborhood would be actively farming at one time, and only a fraction of those would be in the valley. What I’d like SC to let us know is how they determine the content of a given valley to ensure that there will be enough farmers active during the season to get all those chickens and yet not so many that there’s a free-for-all desperate to get to the shops and houses that have active requests. In the Derby, everyone knows how many farmers are participating. I think we would all like to know how the valley is “populated”.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 28th, 2019 at 01:55 AM.

Farm Level 127 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Personally I’m fine with them not caring forward, but I think it would be nice to be abe to buy ‘lesss value’ items with them at the end - like butter etc.i didn’t have enough of each thing to buy anything else apparently, but I had a lot of two colours which were then. ‘Wasted’ it would be nice to be able to use them to buy regular stuff
    Good idea SC My token numbers were fairly evenly spread but nothing in the shop I really wanted. Butter would have been nice...or goat cheese.
    I am fine with using them each season but preferably fir something I actually need or want.

Farm Level 176. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Ranger, I notice that you write that a regular-length valley season would have 60 farmers potentially on the map. I never saw more than 10 trucks in the valley. I understand that only a small percentage of any given neighborhood would be actively farming at one time, and only a fraction of those would be in the valley. What I’d like SC to let us know is how they determine the content of a given valley to ensure that there will be enough farmers active during the season to get all those chickens and yet not so many that there’s a free-for-all desperate to get to the shops and houses that have active requests. In the Derby, everyone knows how many farmers are participating. I think we would all like to know how the valley is “populated”.
    I found this, MiniGardener:

https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/ha...ted&l=en&p=web

Thanks, meonhoc! I should have checked the info in support. However, that still doesn’t let me know how many farmers would be active. We’ve got about 12 people in our neighborhood, but at least half of them haven’t farmed for years. Will all my neighbors, even the inactive ones, be counted? Throughout the trial season, I only ever found members of 2 other neighborhoods—about 3 from each neighborhood. With 6 people from my neighborhood moving in and out of the valley, that came nowhere close to 60. Trucks, when visible and labeled, were very thin on the ground. My proudest moment was being able to repair a non-neighbor’s truck.

Here’s the info from the link:
    How does the Valley map get populated?

Roughly 60 players per map will be visible. If you are in a Neighborhood, you will see all of your neighbors and the rest of the spots will be populated by other players you probably don’t know. It could be other neighborhoods or solo players.

If players in your map stop playing, new players will be brought in so that the Valley is always lively.

Your friends (Facebook, followers) will not be added to your map.

Last edited by MiniGardener; June 28th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.

The tokens are one thing but the chickens are the big question. You need 50 chickens we got 11. Most of the time on the way to get a chicken, we broke down. Delivering package, broke down. Trying to rescue broken down truck, you guessed it we broke down. So if course chickens would disappear.
    It chicken count resets I don't know how anyone will acquire enough.

Ranger--We could not spend excess tokens in shop during event as you say you did. That would make a big difference in it feeling like there is any point to playing.

the limited access to working destinations really precluded any strategy of which tokens to go for, as did the clouds.

Sounds like your test version worked far better -looking forward to fixes for next season��
    Last edited by zigzanzip; June 28th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzanzip View Post
    Ranger--We could not spend excess tokens in shop during event as you say you did. That would make a big difference in it feeling like there is any point to playing.

the limited access to working destinations really precluded any strategy of which tokens to go for, as did the clouds.

Sounds like your test version worked far better -looking forward to fixes for next season��
    I was able to buy items from the shop during the trial period. Indeed, once the wallet was too full, I had to spend some of the tokens in order to collect any more.

I was also able to buy items from the regular section of the store during (and after) the valley season. However, I could only purchase each item once. For example, I bought 1 tape; then the tape was greyed out with an “out of stock” sign. It would be excellent if the items we purchased during the season reset and became available again after a period of time, maybe every 24 hours. I would have liked to buy another few tapes rather than other things I don’t need. I don’t think this would upset the balance of the game.