Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair or Luck?

Fair or Luck?

Does the multiplayer match making show everyone almost the same number of cups in a day/week? (If you are high up)
    Or is it just luck and you could go on finding +5s and someone would just keep on finding +50s?

Forum Legend
    It's a pyramid (at least up until the newly designed legends league)
    The higher you are in trophies, the greater the chance that the "next base" you are offered is lower in cups.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    It's a pyramid (at least up until the newly designed legends league)
    The higher you are in trophies, the greater the chance that the "next base" you are offered is lower in cups.
    No, I mean like.. Take a hypothetical situation where you and your friend are pushing and both are at like 4600. You friends keeps finding people at 4900 whereas you find 4100. Now at the end of the day do you also get to see those bases with good offers or is it just luck and you may never even see them if you are not lucky enough?

Forum Legend
    I think it's just luck if one is getting higher offers than the other. Over time bases in the same range that make the same the number of attacks will probably get about the same cup offers. Over a single day or even a couple days the sample is too small and will be just be random. That's my guess.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I think it's just luck if one is getting higher offers than the other. Over time bases in the same range that make the same the number of attacks will probably get about the same cup offers. Over a single day or even a couple days the sample is too small and will be just be random. That's my guess.
    Okay, thanks for your input

Banned
    I say luck, and it probably evens out.

Mainly because it would be so much harder, and also relatively pointless, to bother making sure it was even.
    It being random is perfectly "fair" in that everyone draws from the same pool

It is luck if you both just keep hitting the first base that comes to you. If you use some strategy and skip over the bases you don’t like either because of trophy level or base design or whatever, that takes away a lot of the luck.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    I say luck, and it probably evens out.

Mainly because it would be so much harder, and also relatively pointless, to bother making sure it was even.
    It being random is perfectly "fair" in that everyone draws from the same pool
    Sometimes frustrating also haha

You'll be assigned a random bases available depending on your Townhall level. It is random and match with your league, somehow there is a luck factor, but just believe that your luck is fair with everyone.

Luck, but's hard to tell if all available bases are in the same pool everytime, if you want to climb on cups you must next till you find a good one.