Thread: Valley Task

Valley Task

I just finished 3 of my 4 daily tasks but the 4th task is telling me to visit the fish shop, I have no fish shop unless its under the clouds how can I complete the tasks if one of the request is not available to me?
    Last edited by buggles; June 26th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.

The fish shop is under the clouds. There are at least 2 under there. A lot of us have had a problem finding the fish shop—and that doesn’t include the problem of acquiring the fuel to get there. It’s no fun moving around to try to clear the clouds to find a shop when you don’t even know if you’re going in the right direction. Enough of the map should be visible so that at least 1 of each type of building shows. (Of course, even with that “fix” in place, there might be a closer one in the fog. If we’re really going to strategize, a lot​ more of the map needs to be visible.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 26th, 2019 at 06:24 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Centennial Club
    Unless the DevTeam did an unusually bad job on map development, there's fish shops out there SOMEWHERE, covered by the "fog of ignorance" clouds. To complete the task, you and your neighbors need to explore enough of the valley to find one of them. Judging by how far the clouds scroll, our local map is roughly 1/2 to 2/3 explored; I can see two fish shops on ours, which suggest the map has 2-4.

Odds are, you won't be able to muster enough fuel to find and reach one before end of this short "Valley season", and would do better to try to complete one of the other tasks.

It's not clear to me whether all maps are the same, or instead they're semi-randomly generated. I'd guess the latter (although it seems no-one's posted screenshots to compare). However, on the off chance I'm wrong and all neighborhoods use the same map, if you've uncovered the uppermost point accessible on the left edge of MY NEIGHBORHOOD'S valley map, and the uppermost point accessible on the right edge, and imagine drawing diagonals down (and inward) from them, there's a pair of fish shops near the point of intersection (one slightly above, the other slightly above and right).
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

I don't get this valley thing ...seriously seems stupid if I have to rely on a group of strangers in order to see more of the valley. Super Cell should change the name from valley to Valley of the Doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by buggles View Post
    I just finished 3 of my 4 daily tasks but the 4th task is telling me to visit the fish shop, I have no fish shop unless its under the clouds how can I complete the tasks if one of the request is not available to me?
    If your map is the same as mine (?) there are two fish shops in the area to the south-east of the position where we started off, the first time in the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by buggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    The fish shop is under the clouds. There are at least 2 under there. A lot of us have had a problem finding the fish shop—and that doesn’t include the problem of acquiring the fuel to get there. It’s no fun moving around to try to clear the clouds to find a shop when you don’t even know if you’re going in the right direction. Enough of the map should be visible so that at least 1 of each type of building shows. (Of course, even with that “fix” in place, there might be a closer one in the fog. If we’re really going to strategize, a lot​ more of the map needs to be visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by abb3w View Post
    Unless the DevTeam did an unusually bad job on map development, there's fish shops out there SOMEWHERE, covered by the "fog of ignorance" clouds. To complete the task, you and your neighbors need to explore enough of the valley to find one of them. Judging by how far the clouds scroll, our local map is roughly 1/2 to 2/3 explored; I can see two fish shops on ours, which suggest the map has 2-4.

Odds are, you won't be able to muster enough fuel to find and reach one before end of this short "Valley season", and would do better to try to complete one of the other tasks.

It's not clear to me whether all maps are the same, or instead they're semi-randomly generated. I'd guess the latter (although it seems no-one's posted screenshots to compare). However, on the off chance I'm wrong and all neighborhoods use the same map, if you've uncovered the uppermost point accessible on the left edge of MY NEIGHBORHOOD'S valley map, and the uppermost point accessible on the right edge, and imagine drawing diagonals down (and inward) from them, there's a pair of fish shops near the point of intersection (one slightly above, the other slightly above and right).
    Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    If your map is the same as mine (?) there are two fish shops in the area to the south-east of the position where we started off, the first time in the valley.
    I couldn’t find a Fish Shop either and I didn’t see this thread yesterday, but thank you anyway for trying to give a heads up.

im curious yo know whether we all have the same ‘map/valley’ or not.

i can’t post a picture, sorry. (Not since they ‘did’ something, nine if the listed methods work for me anymore)
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)