Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: June ESL Qualifiers - Quick Update

  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    3,698

    June ESL Qualifiers - Quick Update

    Hey Chief,

    With the June Qualifier starting this weekend, we wanted to be transparent regarding a sudden and unfortunate development. Due to an unforeseen issue with travel documents, one of the Clans invited to the ESL Qualifier was forced to drop out and will be unable to attend the event. While we try to offer as much assistance as possible, ultimately we are unable to overcome many of these obstacles, whether they are personal, legal, or political challenges and some Clans have been unsuccessful in obtaining visas to travel to the event, one of the requirements stated in the ESL rule book.

    The suddenness of this circumstance left us without enough time to invite the next ranking Clan. Therefore, this weekend 7 Clans, instead of 8, will be competing at the June Qualifier in hopes of securing a ticket to the ESL World Championship later this year. And while one less Clan will be in attendance, the Qualifier will be just as epic featuring only the best attacks and defenses in Clash of Clans!

    The competition is just getting warmed up and the road to the $1,000,000 prize pool is only going to get more intense as we get closer to the World Championship.

    This weekend, the 7 Clans competing for a ticket to the World Championship are:

    • Nova毛豆
    • NosBellumSumus
    • # Kings #
    • INTZ
    • Polish Power
    • QueeN Walkers
    • Top of JAPAN


    Don't miss the livestream and we'll see you this weekend at the ESL Arena!

    AKA Tank Puppy

    “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Hey Chief,

    With the June Qualifier starting this weekend, we wanted to be transparent regarding a sudden and unfortunate development. Due to an unforeseen issue with travel documents, one of the Clans invited to the ESL Qualifier was forced to drop out and will be unable to attend the event. While we try to offer as much assistance as possible, ultimately we are unable to overcome many of these obstacles, whether they are personal, legal, or political challenges and some Clans have been unsuccessful in obtaining visas to travel to the event, one of the requirements stated in the ESL rule book.

    The suddenness of this circumstance left us without enough time to invite the next ranking Clan. Therefore, this weekend 7 Clans, instead of 8, will be competing at the June Qualifier in hopes of securing a ticket to the ESL World Championship later this year. And while one less Clan will be in attendance, the Qualifier will be just as epic featuring only the best attacks and defenses in Clash of Clans!

    The competition is just getting warmed up and the road to the $1,000,000 prize pool is only going to get more intense as we get closer to the World Championship.

    Don't miss the livestream and we'll see you this weekend at the ESL Arena!

    I'm sure those other clans would bite your hand off for a place, regardless of the timing...
    Last edited by ev0lution; June 26th, 2019 at 12:44 PM.

  3. #3
    Forum Champion SamirMishra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5,688
    First Indian clashers clan and then this. I wish the next Championship will be planned well ahead of travelling requirements.

  4. #4
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cookie Monster´s lair
    Posts
    113
    How are you going to do matches when there is an uneven number of participan clans? Everyone vs. everyone or the clan which would´ve been matched against that clan which dropped off will automatically go to semi-finals?

  5. #5
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    First Indian clashers clan and then this. I wish the next Championship will be planned well ahead of travelling requirements.
    looks like it's the government's fault ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    How are you going to do matches when there is an uneven number of participan clans? Everyone vs. everyone or the clan which would´ve been matched against that clan which dropped off will automatically go to semi-finals?
    it's a round robin, for one of the days, instead of each clan having 3 wars, they will have 2.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    280
    Thanks for the infos, it is just so unfortunate for that clan who can't attend there.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    420
    Just a thought. Would it be a good idea to extend an invite to an alternate clan? Meaning the clan in 9th place gets notified they are the alternate clan and should start getting everything in order. This way if one of the 8 clans cannot make it, the alternate clan is already set up to attend. Cancelling the alternate clan coming if the first 8 are able to make it would be way easier than trying to scramble and find a clan at last minute.

    Of course this alternate clan would need to be aware that they likely wouldn't be going. Also, if that clan didn't want to be the alternate and go through that process then the 10th place clan would be contacted and so on until you get a clan that will be the alternate or you reach to far down the rankings (whatever that cutoff would be determined). I would assume clans in the 9th-12th spot would rather be listed as the alternate and know they'd be able to join if one of the top 8 couldn't make it rather than seeing one of the spots go to waste.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Fort Campbell
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    Just a thought. Would it be a good idea to extend an invite to an alternate clan? Meaning the clan in 9th place gets notified they are the alternate clan and should start getting everything in order. This way if one of the 8 clans cannot make it, the alternate clan is already set up to attend. Cancelling the alternate clan coming if the first 8 are able to make it would be way easier than trying to scramble and find a clan at last minute.

    Of course this alternate clan would need to be aware that they likely wouldn't be going. Also, if that clan didn't want to be the alternate and go through that process then the 10th place clan would be contacted and so on until you get a clan that will be the alternate or you reach to far down the rankings (whatever that cutoff would be determined). I would assume clans in the 9th-12th spot would rather be listed as the alternate and know they'd be able to join if one of the top 8 couldn't make it rather than seeing one of the spots go to waste.
    Great idea. Also give alternate clan 250.00 gift cards if they go threw the hoops to be ready and are not needed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    Just a thought. Would it be a good idea to extend an invite to an alternate clan? Meaning the clan in 9th place gets notified they are the alternate clan and should start getting everything in order. This way if one of the 8 clans cannot make it, the alternate clan is already set up to attend. Cancelling the alternate clan coming if the first 8 are able to make it would be way easier than trying to scramble and find a clan at last minute.

    Of course this alternate clan would need to be aware that they likely wouldn't be going. Also, if that clan didn't want to be the alternate and go through that process then the 10th place clan would be contacted and so on until you get a clan that will be the alternate or you reach to far down the rankings (whatever that cutoff would be determined). I would assume clans in the 9th-12th spot would rather be listed as the alternate and know they'd be able to join if one of the top 8 couldn't make it rather than seeing one of the spots go to waste.

    This would require SC to actually be organized and professional. 🤣

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    Great idea. Also give alternate clan 250.00 gift cards if they go threw the hoops to be ready and are not needed.
    This is not possible because it is an OFFLINE tournament so even if they were to invite a team it would need to be a team in Poland to cover most likely on such short notice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •