Thread: Trophy points in legends

Millennial Club

Trophy points in legends

So, I just did a not-very-good attack and got a 56% 2 star. Now I've gotten relatively low percentage two stars before but this one struck me for the first time that the trophy points doesn't really seem to make sense. Per the update thread: For 2 stars you'll get 16 trophies + 1 trophy for each full 3% DP above 50%. If 40 is the max for 3 shouldn't 50% 2 star attacks have 20 points as the starting off point? I mean, you've destroyed the main objective and have killed half the base and yet you get 40% of the potential progress?

I've never particularly been a fan of the 3 star system since I think it should be a two track thing: total percentage and th destruction. I'd prefer for it to be 50% for the th and 50% for whatever the percentage is (so a 90% without the th would be 45% and a 90% with the th would be 95%). Anyway, just started thinking about it when I was stuck by the 18 trophy points.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    So, I just did a not-very-good attack and got a 56% 2 star. Now I've gotten relatively low percentage two stars before but this one struck me for the first time that the trophy points doesn't really seem to make sense. Per the update thread: For 2 stars you'll get 16 trophies + 1 trophy for each full 3% DP above 50%. If 40 is the max for 3 shouldn't 50% 2 star attacks have 20 points as the starting off point? I mean, you've destroyed the main objective and have killed half the base and yet you get 40% of the potential progress?

I've never particularly been a fan of the 3 star system since I think it should be a two track thing: total percentage and th destruction. I'd prefer for it to be 50% for the th and 50% for whatever the percentage is (so a 90% without the th would be 45% and a 90% with the th would be 95%). Anyway, just started thinking about it when I was stuck by the 18 trophy points.
    This post in Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...ef_source=link

give me a good view of cup system....

Yes... the trophy system works that way.

Sometimes people should start risking for a 3 star or higher percentage. The significant trophy difference between 1 or 2 or 3 stars should encourage people to do more of what they are capable of. This will make 3 star attacks a lot more rewarding.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by shpnft View Post
    This post in Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...ef_source=link

give me a good view of cup system....
    It is a good way to visualize it. Doesn't really pertain to my issue with it though.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPekka View Post
    Yes... the trophy system works that way.

Sometimes people should start risking for a 3 star or higher percentage. The significant trophy difference between 1 or 2 or 3 stars should encourage people to do more of what they are capable of. This will make 3 star attacks a lot more rewarding.
    That's true but it also devalues the TH on defense. Basically it is now viewed as a potential distraction as opposed to a must-guard-at-all-costs structure. At least at the highest levels where people are going for 3. People don't really go for 3 star attacks at lower levels regardless of the reward in most cases.