Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Why I'm not enjoying the Legends League rework

  1. #11
    I'd like to know why I still lose cups when I win a defence and they get around 40 percent. I'm still losing like 4-6 cups.

    What's the point of winning a defence and still lose cups. I should be gaining them from the attacker for his poor attack.

  2. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by skipoles View Post
    However, my skill was sufficient to do reasonably well in Legends League before the update and I'm fairly certain I haven't gotten worse. As an almost max TH12, with no need to farm, I was finding the game getting very stale in the lower leagues, hence why I pushed to Legend.
    Well, I'd say that thinking is the issue then. With the new system some people are going to do better and some people are going to do worse. You're still just as good as you were at the old system but now stars are more important and you can't be fine with going for a safe one star.
    th12: 65/65/40 | 61/63/36 | 57/62/31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.


  3. #13
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliNoodles View Post
    I'd like to know why I still lose cups when I win a defence and they get around 40 percent. I'm still losing like 4-6 cups.

    What's the point of winning a defence and still lose cups. I should be gaining them from the attacker for his poor attack.
    SC could change the current system to -20 trophies for 0 Stars (and 0%) and +20 for 3 stars. The net trophies at the end of the day are the same, so it really doesn't matter
    Last edited by Lorenz98; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:46 PM.

  4. #14
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,071
    Well written post OP. I do recognise much of it. In particular the "My life is stressful enough with family and work: I want gaming to be a way to unwind and relax, while still having a bit of a challenge.".
    I find the new LL also pretty stressful. Someone described it as doing an unprepared war attack every time, and this is spot on. Always a smart cc, always all traps loaded, always a war base. This is also a big difference compared to before, where you would find giants coming out of cc, or people have a base to defend their loot.

    But many posts above I think are right in suggesting to keep calm, and see how this develops. I have had 4 days already where i got only 6 defenses. And as LL becomes less new and more of a drag to some, I expect we will see even less defenses per day in lower legends. Just hang out there for a while, improve your base, improve your attacks. Enjoy the possibility to attack whenever you want, and other QoL changes that you got (no thinking about switching cc, shield management, big trophy losses on failed attacks)
    TH12, BK61, AQ 63, GW35, 5960
    TH10 perma (?), BK40, AQ40 -- TH11 defenseless BK48, AQ50, GW 20 -- TH9 backup

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    78
    I also find the game more stressful now, I'm sure that now, those who want to demonstrate that they're better than the rest have a fair opportunity in high legends, good for them. But as i see it now, people in lower legends are just spamming troops against bases with a centered townhall and letting the luck decide the net trophy count.

  6. #16
    Legend league gets easier as season goes on
    I get your point here, sc did fix the clouds with the rework and I'm enjoying it
    BUT what about those who are at the "endgame" and not the most skilled one around ??
    Maybe you should try to beat your own record every season. That should be fun!
    If your current army doesn't do well, why not consider switching to different ones and see which one does the best!
    I see A LOT of edrag spam attacks on my base aiming at the th for a safe 2*. Check out that army!

  7. #17
    I think it would help to have a different perspective on what trophy level you can expect to play at with your skill/effort level. Playing in the 5500 range of legends just wasn’t in the range of where the competitive pushing players were. There were many spammers and farmers in that range. I think that now is going to be more comparable to 5100. Especially later in the season, the 5100 range will be common for players not attacking 8 times per day and players doing spam 1-2 star attack plans. I have one account I expect to be in that range and another I expect to be a lot higher.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  8. #18
    Forum Legend Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,061
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think it would help to have a different perspective on what trophy level you can expect to play at with your skill/effort level. Playing in the 5500 range of legends just wasn’t in the range of where the competitive pushing players were. There were many spammers and farmers in that range. I think that now is going to be more comparable to 5100. Especially later in the season, the 5100 range will be common for players not attacking 8 times per day and players doing spam 1-2 star attack plans. I have one account I expect to be in that range and another I expect to be a lot higher.
    I know it's a extremely small sample size after the start of day 2, but I have two 12's in LL, same layout, same CC and same defensive strength.

    Base 1 started today at 5003 cups (sush, I have 2 hero's down) and the first 3 hits were for 1 stars.
    Base 2 started today at 5120 or so, first 4 hits were high % 2 stars, the skill level of the attackers were noticeably different.
    I think 4900-5100 will be an easy place to float and maintain cups and just farm early in the season, as the season progresses those more skilled players will be moving upand the "farm zone" might streach up to 5200-5300 by the end.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I know it's a extremely small sample size after the start of day 2, but I have two 12's in LL, same layout, same CC and same defensive strength.

    Base 1 started today at 5003 cups (sush, I have 2 hero's down) and the first 3 hits were for 1 stars.
    Base 2 started today at 5120 or so, first 4 hits were high % 2 stars, the skill level of the attackers were noticeably different.
    I think 4900-5100 will be an easy place to float and maintain cups and just farm early in the season, as the season progresses those more skilled players will be moving upand the "farm zone" might streach up to 5200-5300 by the end.
    I agree and I think it will be even more noticeable later in the season when the more serious pushers have pushed up and out of that range. There is a one 1-star specialist in my clan looking to get back into legends and I’m sure there are many others.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:43 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  10. #20
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by skipoles View Post
    tl;dr; The new Legends League update is more stressful and less enjoyable for those end-game players who are not super high-skilled and competitive, and who just want to play for fun. /tl;dr;

    Just because you want to be in legends league doesn't mean you deserve it. Less skilled? Too bad. Stressful? Too bad. Not competitive? Too bad. You are not an end-game player, sorry.

    Plenty of max bases in Titan I, hang out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •