Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why I'm not enjoying the Legends League rework

Quote Originally Posted by skipoles View Post
    tl;dr; The new Legends League update is more stressful and less enjoyable for those end-game players who are not super high-skilled and competitive, and who just want to play for fun. /tl;dr;
    I'll be honest. I stopped reading here.

Legends league is about pushing for zero-value trophies that are just for show. Supercell wants the top end of Legend League to be about high-skill (quality) attackers.

If you hover around lower-mid Legends, you'll probably be fine.

If you're expecting it to be a "fun" experience with little competition, Legend league was not ever for you. The change in league system is literally just about quality attacks now and not quantity. The purpose and value of legend league has not changed since the update. It's okay if Legend League isn't for you.

I don't get why everyone seems to think Legend League is supposed to be for everyone. It's not.
    Last edited by iGroot; June 25th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I would love to see space unicorns and cosmic cats
    Click Here for Unicorns

What's an end-game player? There is no end to this game or is there?

I feel your stress OP, here's a couple thoughts that may help (beyond the very practical patience suggestions that have been made):

1) Stress comes from inside so view Legends as a chance to relax when you make attacks. I'm typically a stress puppy like you on attacks and I think a lot of the mistakes you mention come from that. So I view Legends as a chance to relax when I attack and hopefully I'll get better at improvising as I attack. I think one of the underrated skills in this game is salvaging a star from an attack that goes wrong at the beginning.

2) Use Legends as a chance to learn. Look for good bases that stymie you, copy them, then watch how others attack them. There's more time to play with base design now that 8 attacks is all you can do.

Hope this helps, and have fun - nothing important in life really changes based on a good or a bad attack.

I'm attacking with one hero i.e dumb queen and I'm still enjoying it even with some stupid hits. My storages are getting full in 3/4d period (with full army it takes 2d maximum) and no one is robbing my resources. Comparing with Previous Legend and The Rework Legend, I'm loving the new one. First all it prevents SPAM ATTACKERS to get 25/30 Trophies with 1 Star hit. Its a big change to Trophy Distribution System and its very good. Secondly, I can complete my 8 hits whenever I can. Even with busy schedule I'm still being able to complete it and My Phone doesn't needs to be plugged in all freaking day. Thirdly, There's no stress in attacking. With Full Army I can triple those Push Design Bases very smoothly as there's no waiting time and I don't have to attack in really awkward moment.

This Update is the Best One so far and will LOVE TO SEE SKILL ATTACKERS climbing the Legend Table rather than the one's who just sit behind phone all day climbing ladders preventing others to hit 😒
    Last edited by MrSJS; June 25th, 2019 at 06:09 PM.

I find it LESS stressful now there’s no long search time. You take your attacks at times of your choosing, when you are ready, and unlikely to be interrupted. As for the difficulty, I’ve been attacking with a hero down and mostly getting 2 stars so staying up here is not hard. I’m currently at 5100. When all my hero’s are maxed I’ll try and push up, but for now hanging here, losing no loot when attacked, and filling my storages every few days is working just fine . Great update to the game!

you weren't kidding with the TL;DR thing, thanks for the short version

Back on topic, I guess legends league is not for all of us

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    I'd advise you to just change your base to one of those popular internet bases that everyone knows but a huge portion of players have no clue how to attack.
    I'm using one of those and so far from 10 defenses the highest someone managed was 60% 2*, with more than half of the attacks being 0* and 1*. Quite ridiculous tbh.
    I need to find one of those bases.

You also need to keep in mind that it is very soon after the update. A lot of us are playing without heroes and with armies that don't use dark elixir. Once people start to get their heroes capped we will see how good they actually are at attacking. A lot of those zero and 1 star raids are being performed by people with handicapped armies.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliNoodles View Post
    I'd like to know why I still lose cups when I win a defence and they get around 40 percent. I'm still losing like 4-6 cups.

What's the point of winning a defence and still lose cups. I should be gaining them from the attacker for his poor attack.
    That was the old way. Since every attack is matched with a defense your overall ability (to both attack and design a base) is what is used to determine your ranking. If you give up only 4 trophies on a defense you only need to get a few trophies to still have a net gain on that matchup (a matchup being one attack and one defense).

I like this system better. Gaining trophies on a defense is like gaining money when someone only robs you for a little bit. It doesn't make sense. The new system is a lot more logical and the new system distinguishes between a base that causes an 8% zero star defense from one that causes a 49% zero star defense. The former base was better and thus results in the owner being higher ranked.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptxez View Post
    I also find the game more stressful now, I'm sure that now, those who want to demonstrate that they're better than the rest have a fair opportunity in high legends, good for them. But as i see it now, people in lower legends are just spamming troops against bases with a centered townhall and letting the luck decide the net trophy count.
    I'm hoping it stays this way. I like the idea of the 4900-5100 range just being for people that want to farm for loot. They may not make all their attacks and may get a number of zero or 1 star attacks (especially since so many bases have all the storages on the outside so they are easy to get). The new legends is great for people that want instant matchups with a decent amount of loot (especially when you consider league bonus). It would be a shame if all the low-skilled farmers were pushed out.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggster View Post
    What's an end-game player? There is no end to this game or is there?
    End game players are people with maxed bases that are too addicted to quit even though there is no point in continuing to play. Sadly I fall in this category.