Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A proposal for more attacks in legend league

Indeed, farming resources has always been a major part of this game: those who attack more have always farmed more resources, and this has never been considered an unfair advantage.

Agreed,but Legends isn't about farming any more.

If you want to farm,join me in Titan and you can have as many attacks per day as you wish. Loot is better even though the bonus is slightly smaller.

If not,I will be joining you once the gold pass season is over and I finish my last 21 walls and BK levels.

8 seems plenty to me,even though I'm doing more than that at the moment.

Also, pick your sport, all teams get to play the same number of games per season to keep a level playing field.

For example, I don't think Manchester City would be too happy if Liverpool played extra games last English Premiership football season and took their title away?

Farming in Legend has never been better since OBS, despite the restricted number of 8 attacks a day. 8 attacks a day was difficult to accomplish with the clouds.

You make a wrong assumption extra attacks and equal extra defences isn't in favour of people who are able to play 24/7. Because a good attacker will gain more trophies than he will lose on defences, and will have a benefit of being able playing 24/7 over someone who is not able to.
    The 8 attacks/defences a day creates a fair equal competitive playfield with less options to cheat.

As regeneration of heroes isn't done while searching in the clouds, you will have to wait +-45 minutes before you can attack again in the new situation... you just don't see the magnifying glass and you can do something else in the meantime.

I have no horse in this race as Im not in legends but reading the forums, Ive probably come across posts both complaining about there being only 8 attacks and posts about having to use all 8 attacks. Eight attacks seems to be a good middle ground.

For those who want to do more, the OPs suggestion sounds okay but I might suggest that the additional hits not count towards trophies. This would allow players to remain active/farming (although Id prefer that legends not be about farming) but still retain the “pressure” of having to make a limited number (8) of SPECIFIC hits be successful enough to remain in legends. This maintains the “skill” factor the legends should be about imo whereas expanding the number of trophy hits would just bring us back to players who attack more climb higher.

Centennial Club
    If anything it should be lowered. Unless boosting I rarely have time for 8 attacks per day while working and family time.

I’d favour some sort of attacks out with the legend range after 8 maybe that does not effect trophies but still allows people to get loot and do attacks for challenges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1hl View Post
    I more struggle with the idea to have more than 8 attacks per day. And wonder what I do wrong, since 8 already giving me (sometimes) a hard time.
    There is nothing you are doing wrong, your situation is probably the same for most adults.

When I look at myself, I can do the 8 attacks, but would have a hard time doing more then that. One attack before work, a few during the day with short bathroom breaks, means I have half done when I get home from work. And in an evening, it is pretty doable to do those (granted, no young kids here).

The people asking for more then 8 just have more leisure time then most, for example:
    - no kids
    - no spouse
    - no job
    - jobs that allows them to clash in between
    - school instead of work
    - and so on...

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPekka View Post
    In my opinion, those who play 24/7 will likely to lose more trophies under this proposed system. It is because those who plays too much most likely will start to lose focus in attacking properly, especially those who are very high.
    I will disagree strongly here. The fundamental issue with what you are saying is....those who can play 24/7 and get more attacks in, no matter how poor they may be, will rise faster. Why? Because they are likely NOT to be attacked as often as they themselves attack. This is because for many they cannot play all day.

So increasing the number of attacks unduly WILL favour those 24/7 players (or account sharers) for sure. This is something we clearly want to avoid....

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    ...b) More attacks will allow players to climb faster.

This is not true. 8 attacks always come with 8 defenses. Under the new system, there is no guarantee that more attacks lead to more trophies. It is equally likely, actually, that they will lead to trophy loss.
    Your thinking is flawed and completely wrong. Take two equally skilled players that gain a net difference of +10 cups for 8 attacks/defends each day. Now give one 16 attacks/defends per day and his net gain is +20 cups per day. Figure the difference between the two over a 30 day or so season and he who attacked most wins. You can argue variables, but in the end, between the two, he who gets the most opportunities wins.

TH12...level 239...64/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 32 mil...atb 6032

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Your thinking is flawed and completely wrong. Take two equally skilled players that gain a net difference of +10 cups for 8 attacks/defends each day. Now give one 16 attacks/defends per day and his net gain is +20 cups per day. Figure the difference between the two over a 30 day or so season and he who attacked most wins. You can argue variables, but in the end, between the two, he who gets the most opportunities wins.
    Agreed. good news is that Darian posted in the other thread that they will not be doing any variable # of attacks. Everyone will have the same number.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Agreed. good news is that Darian posted in the other thread that they will not be doing any variable # of attacks. Everyone will have the same number.
    Great! They can argue the magic number, but has to remain equal opportunity for everyone.

TH12...level 239...64/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 32 mil...atb 6032

I like the current number. Increase it and the system will go back to rewarding nolifers instead of skilled attackers.