Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A proposal for more attacks in legend league

A proposal for more attacks in legend league

There are several discussions going on about the limit of 8 attacks per day in legend league. Some people consider them too few. Here is my proposal about an option for increasing the number of attacks per day, for those who want to.

When players have completed their 8 attacks, they will be presented with an option to opt into another round of 8 attacks and 8 defenses. If they do not wish to do so, the new round will start as it currently happens at 8am Helsinki time. So, essentially I propose we keep the system as is, except that we abolish the 24 hour restriction.

Potential objections about unfairness can arise in 2 areas:

a) More attacks will mean more loot for those who do them.

Indeed, farming resources has always been a major part of this game: those who attack more have always farmed more resources, and this has never been considered an unfair advantage.

b) More attacks will allow players to climb faster.

This is not true. 8 attacks always come with 8 defenses. Under the new system, there is no guarantee that more attacks lead to more trophies. It is equally likely, actually, that they will lead to trophy loss.
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Back to rewarding those who can play 24/7. Not a great idea imho.

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Agreed
    Feels like a system designed to allow accounts that are being shared to be able to attack 24/7, just like before

Also, just because they have done their 8 attacks does not mean they have had their 8 defenses yet?
    So what happens to those defenses? they happen over the next 20 hours?

You could have players with 200 attacks and 150 defenses and that WOULD be ridiculous until their remaining 50 defenses happened.
    They could have 50x20 or 1000 trophies more than a normal player, at least for a while, and earn a huge PB.

In my opinion, those who play 24/7 will likely to lose more trophies under this proposed system. It is because those who plays too much most likely will start to lose focus in attacking properly, especially those who are very high.

I like this idea, but maybe instead of signing up with a direct 8x more attacks, maybe reduce it to 4x? Imo choosing doing 8 or 16 attacks per day would differ significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Agreed
    Feels like a system designed to allow accounts that are being shared to be able to attack 24/7, just like before

Also, just because they have done their 8 attacks does not mean they have had their 8 defenses yet?
    So what happens to those defenses? they happen over the next 20 hours?

You could have players with 200 attacks and 150 defenses and that WOULD be ridiculous until their remaining 50 defenses happened.
    They could have 50x20 or 1000 trophies more than a normal player, at least for a while, and earn a huge PB.
    To solve this problem, make the net gain/loss of each league day would only count at the end of the league day. In this way you wouldn't get a ridiculously high pb.

8-9 hours work plus commute by car to/from work plus a bit of sport and social life doesn't leave me enough time to do more than 8 attacks per day unless I start gem'ing my troops.

Children going to school will have the chance to play while being in public transportation. but that's only giving them 1-2h additional time.

How do you guys manage to do that many attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPekka View Post
    In my opinion, those who play 24/7 will likely to lose more trophies under this proposed system. It is because those who plays too much most likely will start to lose focus in attacking properly, especially those who are very high.

I like this idea, but maybe instead of signing up with a direct 8x more attacks, maybe reduce it to 4x? Imo choosing doing 8 or 16 attacks per day would differ significantly.
    You are assuming that the accounts that attack 24/7 are played by one person. Historically this has not been the case. If an account is shared by a team in different time zones, it can be played continuously by fresh people all day long.

This is called ‘cheating’ and under the new legend league system is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1hl View Post
    8-9 hours work plus commute by car to/from work plus a bit of sport and social life doesn't leave me enough time to do more than 8 attacks per day unless I start gem'ing my troops.

Children going to school will have the chance to play while being in public transportation. but that's only giving them 1-2h additional time.

How do you guys manage to do that many attacks?
    getting 8 attacks a day isn’t hard, when each one takes just a few minutes. It’s MUCH easier than when there was a 2 hour search time for each attack.

Even with the new system More Activeness is not removed entirely and certainly not 100% skill based. Players who can do all 8 attacks through entire season definitely benefit over other players who don't have time to do all 8 attacks or are busy during some week days or week ends. It's all about continuously do all 8 all entire season, skill comes second...
    Last edited by zxparesh3; June 25th, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

getting 8 attacks a day isn’t hard, when each one takes just a few minutes. It’s MUCH easier than when there was a 2 hour search time for each attack.
    don''t get me wrong. I DO appreciate the new system very much. And so far I managed to do my 8 attacks every day.
    However, some days were tough and I had to use a trainings portion to manage it.

I more struggle with the idea to have more than 8 attacks per day. And wonder what I do wrong, since 8 already giving me (sometimes) a hard time.