Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your Valley game-play discoveries here!

Derby-Like Activation System

(also posted in announcements)

It must be like the derby. There are no trucks until you start a task. So just entering the Valley doesnít generate trucks! Ha! 🤓

Unlike the derby though, having a neighbour join doesnít automatically make you join. You have to start your own task and then you see everybody else including your neighbour.

Okay SC. I am duly impressed with this feat of coding. I mean I was impressed before but now Iím impressed.

EDIT: Unless of course I am dead wrong, this is not as brilliant an insight as I think and itís really just a huge glitch, then oops!😂😂😂

EDIT 2: Maybe all thatís required is to make a move. All morning Iíve been in the valley but I hadnít played at all after my tasks changed on me. I went in and out but didnít move on the game board. There were initially no trucks at all. After the most recent update my board was populated, but with the usual dummy trucks.

I just made a few game moves, went out to the farm, came back in and immediately there were trucks with player names attached to them. So completely anecdotally for now, I think we do have a derby-like ďactivationĒ system.

I had the same experience this morning. No trucks other than my own visible. I think it has to be a glitch.

Even though I have a new set of quests, Iím at a standstill because I wonít be able to get any more fuel for 8 hours because the cost in farm tasks to earn a Fuel-of-Fortune spin is too high. Those quests will expire in 8 hours. Iím not sure how I can balance the different timers involved. It seems like there are a lot of different time-limited things popping in and out.

The good news is that ďweĒ now have 3 chickens. Iíve only contributed to 2 of them, so apparently the three neighborhoods Iíve identified on the map (including ours) all work together on the chickens and all trucks earn chickens regardless of which trucks complete the ďsquawking chickenĒ tasks. Iím hoping that also counts for chickens picked up in the road and maybe the ones that appear on the quest toolbox counter.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:32 PM.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

Centennial Club
    I agree. Itís more effort than itís worth. Iíd rather have seen new farm machines, more horses (one poor horse has been alone in his stable forever), something new in the town....and something in that empty beach space in the town that is just sitting there doing nothing. There were so many things they could have added to on the farm and the town. Maybe The Valley will get better??
    Town level 48, farm level 149

I am very curious on the group tasks. I have helped fulfill 2 of them for chickens. The other two people that contributed were from my NH. However, there were 2 trucks from another NH parked outside one of the buildings. So, I am curious to know if they are to be filled only by our NH or if anybody can fill them. With 2 trucks outside and only needing 1 wool hat, I would assume at least one of those other trucks would have contributed but yet they didn’t show on the task I was part of.

Also, they showed up after the first person from my NH contributed but before the task was done.
    Last edited by Td14; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Td14 View Post
    I am very curious on the group tasks. I have helped fulfill 2 of them for chickens. The other two people that contributed were from my NH. However, there were 2 trucks from another NH parked outside one of the buildings. So, I am curious to know if they are to be filled only by our NH or if anybody can fill them. With 2 trucks outside and only needing 1 wool hat, I would assume at least one of those other trucks would have contributed but yet they didn’t show on the task I was part of.

Also, they showed up after the first person from my NH contributed but before the task was done.
    The trucks from more than one neighborhood can definitely contribute to a single task. On a 4-truck task on my map two of the needed contributions came from me and a neighbor. The other two came from other trucks.

FYI: you can only contribute to a task once. I tried coming back a second time, but my option to contribute was greyed out and I got a message that I’d already contributed.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:35 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I find the shortage of fuel hampers me greatly. It is to difficult to acquire fuel and with the clock reset. why bother with task when you have to have 200 points to get a spin that may give you only 1 fuel. Iow you worked your butt off to get virtually no fuel.

Things I learned in the Valley today:

1. There are prizes to be found in the road beyond the occasional chicken. I thought I had broken down for a 4th (!!!) time, but my truck was stopped not because of a breakdown, but because I had run over a TNT and was given the chance to “collect” it.
    2. Chickens that show up between the mystery boxes disappear when the daily quests reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop88 View Post
    Things I learned in the Valley today:

1. There are prizes to be found in the road beyond the occasional chicken. I thought I had broken down for a 4th (!!!) time, but my truck was stopped not because of a breakdown, but because I had run over a TNT and was given the chance to “collect” it.
    2. Chickens that show up between the mystery boxes disappear when the daily quests reset.
    I am not amused by TNT in the road for our trucks to run over. Too much like bad news in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by poolside15 View Post
    I find the shortage of fuel hampers me greatly. It is to difficult to acquire fuel and with the clock reset. why bother with task when you have to have 200 points to get a spin that may give you only 1 fuel. Iow you worked your butt off to get virtually no fuel.
    The good news is that it's not quite as bad as that, almost but not quite. The lowest number on the Fuel-of-Fortune wheel is 6.

It still is way too much "daily farming tasks" effort to get more than 3 spins of the FoF. 200 suns is never going to happen on my farm. Even 9 fuels would qualify as "virtually none" for 200 suns.

Savoring a moment of success...

Here's something that worked well for me today...

I needed 100 suns for another F-o-F spin. My choices for "sun tasks" were
    • casting fishing nets (1 net for 15 suns)
    • planting carrots (10 carrots for 1 sun)
    • truck orders on the farm (4 trucks for 10 suns)

I had deployed 7 nets yesterday and it will take me a while to restock. Also, I didn't want to clog up my fishing holes for that long during the Derby.

That's a lot of carrots, but in conjunction with trucks I made it add up and was able to fine-tune my total with a few carrots when I got to 98.

I don't usually do trucks unless it's a very special event like EMs. In this case, I took a 320 Derby task requiring 32 trucks and was able to complete my task and earn a fuel spin with the help of a few carrots.

I got 9 fuel and was able to make it to a building that actively needed a delivery and I had enough fuel to actually reach the delivery destination without breaking down!... Phew!