Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend League: why not allow players to choose how many attacks per day?

Legend League: why not allow players to choose how many attacks per day?

Are 8 attacks a day too much? Maybe too little? Maybe it depends on each day?

Why don't allow players to decide how many attacks they want to get/receive each day, the same way they can choose a base or clan castle troops? For instance, the game could offer players to choose from 4, 8 or 12 attacks /defenses each day. This way, each player could addapt the game to his own rithm of play, as it has been always possible until now.

I, for instance, would maybe choose 8 or 12 on weekends and holydays, but 4 on work days.

What do you think?

Centennial Club
    For what? Loot?

I think that it would then force players to choose the maximum amount of attacks per day, every day. Currently the daily committment is about 30 minutes to complete all available attacks. That works for a lot of busy people. Increasing that amount of attacks available will put those busy people at a disadvantage, because there will be people out there with excessive amounts of free time that will choose the maximum amount of attacks available, every day for the entire month. This creates, at the very least, more oppurtunity for people with extra free time to climb the leaderboard on extra attacks. 8 is a compromise that allows both, busy people and blessed people to compete on the same playing ground. That means the same amount of attacks available for everyone.

The only way I would support this idea, is if you could only choose 2 days a week to do more than 8 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo82 View Post
    For what? Loot?
    No, I don't care about loot. I'm almost maxed and I don't really need it. It's just that if I can't do 8 attack I wil be attacked 8 times anyway, so I will drop trophies. This is not fair IMHO. I have a work and a family of 5. Sometimes I just can't do as much as 8 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    I think that it would then force players to choose the maximum amount of attacks per day, every day. Currently the daily committment is about 30 minutes to complete all available attacks. That works for a lot of busy people. Increasing that amount of attacks available will put those busy people at a disadvantage, because there will be people out there with excessive amounts of free time that will choose the maximum amount of attacks available, every day for the entire month. This creates, at the very least, more oppurtunity for people with extra free time to climb the leaderboard on extra attacks. 8 is a compromise that allows both, busy people and blessed people to compete on the same playing ground. That means the same amount of attacks available for everyone.

The only way I would support this idea, is if you could only choose 2 days a week to do more than 8 attacks.
    good discussion here. another thought running on the initial premise: if a season is 28 days that would be 224 attacks total. It may be possible to have each person choose the number of attacks per day 0 (shield),4,8,12 but with a hard cap of 224 attacks to make things fair.

U.S.A
    Phillman98 | TH 12-5 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 40 | GG 2B | EE 2B | HH 24.8 | LEGENDS 12,165 CUPS
    LEVEL 221 with 33 of 35 Achievements Completed

Unbreakable 5,348

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post

Well, forget about 12 attacks. Why don't just allow people to choose 8 or 4? It's just an example. I mean I would like to choose the number of attacks I know I will be able to do next day, and get the same number of defenses.

Centennial Club
    Ok so you don't need 4/8/12 attacks but 4 defences. The new system is only for maxed th12 with time for 8 attacks. For other people like me (just passed th12) the legend's day are finished

Quote Originally Posted by Toni1963 View Post
    No, I don't care about loot. I'm almost maxed and I don't really need it. It's just that if I can't do 8 attack I wil be attacked 8 times anyway, so I will drop trophies. This is not fair IMHO. I have a work and a family of 5. Sometimes I just can't do as much as 8 attacks.
    Thats fair. And I think that daily committment poses a problem for certain people to compete for a month straight at the highest levels of competition. If you just look to compete casually in legends, then you dont need to make all 8 attacks a day. If you cant manage running a deficit on certain days, you can use a shield 3 times a week.

I think a partial shield would be nice. One that could reduce the amount of attacks/defenses you take in a day, but not completely remove from the day, possibly to 4. Right now its 8 or nothing, or of course run a deficit on the day.

I'm open to ANY idea that would allow a player to addapt the game to his own rythm of play. Until now it has always been like that, some days you could attack a lot, others don't. Even some days I didn't do any attack. Now I'm FORCED to do 8 each day because I will anyway get attacked 8 times! So if you have some busy days then you surely will end with an important lose of trophies. That's not fair imho.

Think of it this way. You probably couldn t push too high in legends the old way. Way too much time clouding. After the initial frenzy settles after season reset, the hardcore players are moving up. The more casual will reside in low legends. You, in theory, will be floating with those who can't do all 8 attacks. It seems to work that way in bh which is more similar to new legends than other leagues. At reset, it's a muddle. I'll see a super rushed bh8 one attack, gemmed near max bh9 next. After a few days, pushers move up, casuals can relax a bit.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22