Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend League: why not allow players to choose how many attacks per day?

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    But if we give people the option to only be able to go below an established competitive number (let's say it's 8 attacks, the one we currently have) then all we are letting people do is slightly disadvantage themselves by going less than 8 instead of the current system where you are extremely disadvantaged for not using all your attacks.

The change is purely to help busier people not take as heavy of losses. It wouldn't be used by the most competitive people.

Agreed, if you only went 8 and lower (or some other reasonable number like 10). I'm not sure how much that complicates the system, though. It is working pretty well matching up with 8 accounts. What sounds like a simple option might be terribly complex to actually implement.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni1963 View Post
    Are 8 attacks a day too much? Maybe too little? Maybe it depends on each day?

Why don't allow players to decide how many attacks they want to get/receive each day, the same way they can choose a base or clan castle troops? For instance, the game could offer players to choose from 4, 8 or 12 attacks /defenses each day. This way, each player could addapt the game to his own rithm of play, as it has been always possible until now.

I, for instance, would maybe choose 8 or 12 on weekends and holydays, but 4 on work days.

What do you think?
    I agree. I love the new legend league. Its a fantastic improvement. I hope they add the ability to chose number of attacks as u go. Maybe as op suggests, change 8 to 4 and allow multiple late signups per person? Its a good idea. I hope they figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo82 View Post
    Maybe SC can change from "league day" with 8 attacks to "league week" with 56 attack... Could be a nice solution

I can hear it now. I boosted for 3 hours and did all my attacks and now I am bored.

While increasing the time from a day to a week or even the season would allow people to play at their own pause, if that pace is too fast then they are bored for days instead of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed, if you only went 8 and lower (or some other reasonable number like 10). I'm not sure how much that complicates the system, though. It is working pretty well matching up with 8 accounts. What sounds like a simple option might be terribly complex to actually implement.
    how would you feel about the option of a half shield, that didnt completely remove you from the day but reduced your attacks/defenses?

Forum Veteran
    You have to be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.

If they allowed for example’s sake 4/8/12 here is what will happen. Anyone who wants to get to the top will always select 12 attacks at the beginning of the season where the greatest discrepancy in skillset resides. Anyone who chooses less than that at the beginning will be well behind after a couple of days and will not be able to catch up. As the season progresses and you start matching more skilled players, the smart ones will select 8 to minimize risk a bit. for those trying to catch up, they have a larger risk because they would have to select 12 but now it is against tougher opponents. Near the end of the season the smart money will be choosing 4 to protect their leads against very tough opponents. Anyone wanting to catch up now will have to take a huge gamble and choose 12 against the toughest opponents.

All this makes the monthly tournament less about skill and more about attack management and after the first couple weeks makes the leaders untouchable. Will we see complaints from those who for whatever reason cannot do 12 attacks the beginning of the month? You bet we will. Will we hear complaints from folks not able to do 12 attacks on any day? You bet we will. Will we hear complaints that it is unfair? Of course we will.

This is why it has to be the same number for everyone for the entire month. Debate all you like about whether the number should be 8 or 10 or 6 or whatever, it has to be the same for everyone. the same folks who sat at the top before using less than honest means would LOVE to have an ability to game the system back in their hands. Dont give it to them.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:06 AM.

Pro Member
    Getting an option for a lower number might be possibly so stay at the example 4/8. But remember you need to select that bevor the next day as all matches are calculated at 8am. So I see a lot of complain of people that want’s than an option to change it later at the day to 8 as they find time and so on.
    At the moment it is a pretty simple UI and any more option makes the system for the user much more complex. And by the way if you are on Boost you can do 4-6 attacks in that hour. How have you played it in the old LL with search times in 30min to hours ranges?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post

If they allowed for example’s sake 4/8/12 here is what will happen. Anyone who wants to get to the top will always select 12 attacks at the beginning of the season where the greatest discrepancy in skillset resides. Anyone who chooses less than that at the beginning will be well behind after a couple of days and will not be able to catch up. As the season progresses and you start matching more skilled players, the smart ones will select 8 to minimize risk a bit. for those trying to catch up, they have a larger risk because they would have to select 12 but now it is against tougher opponents. Near the end of the season the smart money will be choosing 4 to protect their leads against very tough opponents. Anyone wanting to catch up now will have to take a huge gamble and choose 12 against the toughest opponents.

All this makes the monthly tournament less about skill and more about attack management and after the first couple weeks makes the leaders untouchable. Will we see complaints from those who for whatever reason cannot do 12 attacks the beginning of the month? You bet we will. Will we hear complaints from folks not able to do 12 attacks on any day? You bet we will. Will we hear complaints that it is unfair? Of course we will.

This is why it has to be the same number for everyone for the entire month. Debate all you like about whether the number should be 8 or 10 or 6 or whatever, it has to be the same for everyone. the same folks who sat at the top before using less than honest means would LOVE to have an ability to game the system back in their hands. Dont give it to them.
    Exactly this. The system they’ve created is fair and simple and hard to imagine a way it can be gamed as is.

TH12...level 239...64/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 32 mil...atb 6032

Pro Member
    I agree with you. Although for a lot of Clashers this would be “Ideal”, we know that some would abuse it and that’s why I feel Supercell will never implement a System like League Week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    I can hear it now. I boosted for 3 hours and did all my attacks and now I am bored.

While increasing the time from a day to a week or even the season would allow people to play at their own pause, if that pace is too fast then they are bored for days instead of hours.

Pro Member
    Supercell, in my Opinion “Played it Safe” by Selecting 8 and I don’t blame them. They’ll be Loads of Clashers demanding Less due to a Busy Day Or Life in General with another Load of Clashers demanding More as they’ve nothing left to do.

The Result If it’s a Flexible System is to potentially make things way way worse with it being Totally Unbalanced.

Time will Tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Allowing a variable number of attacks makes the playing field uneven/unfair. If you can set the number of attacks to 4 instead of 8, does that mean you only take 4 defenses? If so, that means you'll have less trophy loss than someone who takes 8 defenses. If the number of defenses remains at 8 no matter how many attacks you set, then you'll almost always be losing trophies.

The number of attacks is the same for everyone for a specific reason: to give everyone in the Legend League the same fair chance at climbing the trophy ladder as everyone else.

The top ranks of Legend League should be about the quality of attacks/defenses...not the quantity.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett