Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend League: why not allow players to choose how many attacks per day?

Centennial Club
    Maybe SC can change from "league day" with 8 attacks to "league week" with 56 attack... Could be a nice solution

Quote Originally Posted by rollo82 View Post
    Maybe SC can change from "league day" with 8 attacks to "league week" with 56 attack... Could be a nice solution
    Yes, it could be a possible solution. It would work for me for instance...

What happens to those who drop below 4900?

What about the dynamics of early/late pushers who either push at the beginning of the week or late in the week after they have used all defenses against weaker opponents?

I suggested either,
    -allowing available attacks to stack like star bonus, for 1 day max.
    or
    -gating the release of attacks to 8 per day.

Both of which have implications on the daily rankings and matchmaking. Which may make them too complicated to implement imo.

The reason SC did the updates on a day by day basis is to limit the potential movement at once. With a weekly limit you would find that people could hang out on the very last day of the season with 56 attacks and do ALL of them in the last few hours to take advantage of potentially easier defenses because they would start at a lower trophy range.

I wouldn't oppose allowing 2 options or so for the next day in the league though. Something like 4 or 8 attacks as the two options but maybe limit it so that you can only use the 4 attack option a couple times a week or something. Just to encourage people to be a little more active.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    The reason SC did the updates on a day by day basis is to limit the potential movement at once. With a weekly limit you would find that people could hang out on the very last day of the season with 56 attacks and do ALL of them in the last few hours to take advantage of potentially easier defenses because they would start at a lower trophy range.

I wouldn't oppose allowing 2 options or so for the next day in the league though. Something like 4 or 8 attacks as the two options but maybe limit it so that you can only use the 4 attack option a couple times a week or something. Just to encourage people to be a little more active.
    I agree, it could be added as another shield option like a half shield, with a weekly limit.

Trainee
    If you want the pretty badge you have to do 8 attacks each day for a month. If you can't do that maybe you shouldn't be considered a legend.
    It's my guess even if you miss a few you can probably stay in low legends.
    I wish they would implement an auto -40 for all missed attacks. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    Yes, this could also be an option...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni1963 View Post
    Are 8 attacks a day too much? Maybe too little? Maybe it depends on each day?

Why don't allow players to decide how many attacks they want to get/receive each day, the same way they can choose a base or clan castle troops? For instance, the game could offer players to choose from 4, 8 or 12 attacks /defenses each day. This way, each player could addapt the game to his own rithm of play, as it has been always possible until now.

I, for instance, would maybe choose 8 or 12 on weekends and holydays, but 4 on work days.

What do you think?
    100 percent agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Toni1963 View Post
    Why don't allow players to decide how many attacks they want to get/receive each day, the same way they can choose a base or clan castle troops? For instance, the game could offer players to choose from 4, 8 or 12 attacks /defenses each day. This way, each player could addapt the game to his own rithm of play, as it has been always possible until now.
    I think not for the same reasons discussed in the prior thread suggesting this. They want to get away from time being such a big factor. Give me the option to attack 12 times or more and I will do so. I now have a big advantage over a similarly skilled player attacking only 4 times. Finding one balanced number is a good thing. I'm not sure if 8 is correct, but it is reasonable. I would've been happy with 10, but 8 is ok too.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think not for the same reasons discussed in the prior thread suggesting this. They want to get away from time being such a big factor. Give me the option to attack 12 times or more and I will do so. I now have a big advantage over a similarly skilled player attacking only 4 times. Finding one balanced number is a good thing. I'm not sure if 8 is correct, but it is reasonable. I would've been happy with 10, but 8 is ok too.
    But if we give people the option to only be able to go below an established competitive number (let's say it's 8 attacks, the one we currently have) then all we are letting people do is slightly disadvantage themselves by going less than 8 instead of the current system where you are extremely disadvantaged for not using all your attacks.

The change is purely to help busier people not take as heavy of losses. It wouldn't be used by the most competitive people.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message