Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Valley is very underwhelming, to say the least!

The Valley is very underwhelming, to say the least!

Wow. I had such high hopes. But they are already mostly dashed.

I absolutely hate the clouds. What is the point of them? Why not show us the whole board so we know what the possibilities are?

9 fuel is nothing. You get to make about three moves with that. That's about a minute's worth of fun.

I don't like it that the message on most of the buildings says you are too far away and have to drive closer. How are you supposed to make an informed decision about where you want to go?

Most of all, I hate the stingy nature of the rewards. I have 82 blue, 122 pink, and 79 green tokens, after spending quite a few diamonds to put lobsters and ducks in the lake to get more fuel. That will buy me nothing I want! What I want is land permits but they cost 215, 220, 215! Beyond that, the tokens I have now won't even buy me one bem. Sheesh. Thanks SC.

So much for being stress-free and non-competitive. There seems to be huge pressure to get to buildings before someone else does, because once someone completes the request, it takes hours to generate another one.

And where are the chickens? In the preview I saw one in the road. Guess he crossed by the time I got to him.

Finally, why is there no way to speed most things up, like buying fuel? SC, don't you want my money anymore?

Several glitches too. I'm sitting at a building. It states "Generating new requests" and has been like that for awhile. I spent 5 diamonds to speed up the new request too. Several of my neighbors have the same situation. There are other buildings that don't show any message when I tap on them, they just shake a little. Plus, a neighbor is broken down but there is no message when you tap on the help icon.

As a professional game designer, I wish SC had asked me or any other respected designer to help with this. It could be so fun.
    Last edited by Greencheese; June 24th, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

I agree. Not relaxing, not casual. Everything is timed, and we have to earn fuel. Not my thing so I'm going to continue to step back from the game.

So far I'm not impressed.

Very very poor graphics....
    FL 166 - TL 53
    Kik: nunovskiy (with an i unlike my nick at this forum)
    Trade only through In-Game Friends tag: #G2Y89JGC
    Higher level buys first always works.
    **** Hoods Tag #22JRGG8C now recruting *****

agree. The fuel sun tasks are a real turn off. I thought this was supposed to be a fun relaxing addition that could be played alongside my farm but the reality is quite different. It has totally disrupted my regular game play by doing the sun tasks to earn spins and the way the task amounts increase each time without the fuel quantities increasing also is very overwhelming. Fortunately I am not disappointed, I have played many years and know updates don't live up to the hype for me. I will just stick to playing my farm and let the valley take care of itself.
    Level 107
    Hay Day addict 😉

Fresh Spawn
    I agree, this is the worse update. Not impressed, I was hoping for updates to the original play, derby, farm buildings, some of the suggestions submitted. Not this new area. Sounds like everyone in my neighborhood is not interested in playing this new area, which includes me. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Fresh Spawn
    Geez.
    No wonder the forums are quiet. All that's ever here is moaning.

Baby farmers. Having a grouse because.

Not my thing either. I felt like a granny looking at a kids game: a slow and boring game. I am amazed at how tedious it is. Well hopefully it is just me, but it is not a feature I am going to use again.

I also think it will be too disruptive to normal play. Can't imagine playing this at the same time as a derby or global event, just too much to juggle. Oh and as a solo player the truck breakdown is awful. My truck broke down on the way to a building. Two hours before its fixed or 20 DIamonds to fix! I have yet to see another players truck to help me and its been 30 mins. I think I mostly will not be bothering with this feature.