Thread: Lab Potion and Otto quality of life updates.

Lab Potion and Otto quality of life updates.

Lab Potion -
    The lab potion in late game play is next to useless. Upgrades are usually 10 days or longer. I think the lab potion should be made equivalent to the builder potion in how much is speeds up progress. To do this the boost time would either have to be 5 hours, or the boost being increased to 50x for 1 hour. The price for the potion in the trader should go up to compensate for the use increase.

Otto -
    I believe Otto should also be accessible with gems. While I like the fact that this builder is given to players in the least PTW way thus far. I think it limits the players who have an actual use for Otto from ever having it. My solution would be to add an option to skip each requirement with 1,000 gems. Making it either a 4,000 gem builder, or free/discounted for someone who has spent the time on the builder base.

Any other opinions and ideas related to these too new additions are welcome below, if it seems like a solid option I will add it to the post. Hopefully we can get supercell to implement some sort of change related to these additions. Thanks for reading 👍

The lab potion does speed up progress at the same rate as a builder potion. Both speed up progress by 10x for 1 hour.

Why should they discount Otto for such a low gem cost? You do understand that it costs tens of thousands of gems to meet all of the upgrade requirements for Otto, right? There's now at supercell would make it that cheap.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    The lab potion does speed up progress at the same rate as a builder potion. Both speed up progress by 10x for 1 hour.

Why should they discount Otto for such a low gem cost? You do understand that it costs tens of thousands of gems to meet all of the upgrade requirements for Otto, right? There's now at supercell would make it that cheap.
    Ok, so to address the lab potion first. In comparison to the builder potion, yes the boost is equal in stats. However, most people using this potion will be having 5 builders down, hence multiplying the boost by 5. I could understand if supercell only did 2 hours x10, since only 2 builders are guranteed. My only concern is keeping progression balanced. I was entirely max at TH9, and had my heroes, defenses, and walls all max for TH10, while my lab had fallen behind quite a lot. I have heard about same issue with the lab from quite a few players.

For Otto, I do agree it would make it a bunch cheaper if you are to just buy it. However, I think the amount of players willing to spend the 35 dollars or however much it would be, would be a whole lot more than the ones willing to spend the hundreds. While the amount of revenue supercell would get for each Otto unlock would be lower, the amount of players unlocking him would be a whole lot higher. I personally think they would make more money in the long run. Currently Otto is only available for the people who were maxxed at BH8. Most of the time the people who have max builder halls are also max in there home village. Again most, not all. Making Otto sort of useless for those players. While it would speed up the progress from BH8 to max BH9, I dont think that will be enough of an incentive to purchase thousands of gems in order for them to have another BH builder. The amount of players where it would be worth it for them to buy the gems to get Otto at this point is extremely low. This also being because of the speed supercell is releasing the Builder Halls, people can very comfortably get to max BH9 before supercell will even get close to releasing BH10, with or without Otto.

Also, my estimates are only ideas, and I understand they are on the higher side. Any improvement on either of these additions to the game would definetly be helpful, and I think very needed.
    Last edited by 123Aiden; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Builder potion has the potential to shave 45 hours of time compared to the research potion shaves 9 hours of time(flat rate)

I forget which is the bottleneck again, is it builders or lab?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Builder potion has the potential to shave 45 hours of time compared to the research potion shaves 9 hours of time(flat rate)

I forget which is the bottleneck again, is it builders or lab?
    For me it was the lab. I believe it is for anyone who plays to max.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Aiden View Post
    For me it was the lab. I believe it is for anyone who plays to max.
    Im sorry friend, I was being disingenuous. 'Lab is the bottleneck' is almost a proverb.

I think the research potion could use a small increase in value, especially considering its cost in comparison to the builder potion. an extra 10-14 hours would seem right, when you compare flat rate (9 hrs) to the variable rate(9-45 hrs)

A. The lab potion is significantly cheaper than builder potions,
    - it actually only really saves you gems if you use it late in the research like the last day or so.

B. Otto / 6th builder is a reward / perk. You can Gem it. But it requires a lot of gems or consistent work in BH.
    - I think it is great they have some goals which take longer to complete.
    - people should be proud of their accomplishment in unlocking it.
    - giving it away for a low gem cost undermines the players who put time (and potentially gems) to meet the requirements.
    - don't be lazy, there isn't much of a grind, just consistency.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    - it actually only really saves you gems if you use it late in the research like the last day or so.

B. Otto / 6th builder is a reward / perk. You can Gem it. But it requires a lot of gems or consistent work in BH.
    - giving it away for a low gem cost undermines the players who put time (and potentially gems) to meet the requirements.
    I agree with the last part of this ,it isn't much of a grind I have got my battle machine up 6 levels and my mega Tesla 5 levels since the update dropped . It's not hard when you go onto that base every day just make sure you get the 3 attacks in and loot never seems to be an issue and never a moment when builder isn't active (I am a gold pass user though so this speeds it up a little bit)

Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post

I agree. At this point Otto is more of a status symbol. I just think that if they are going to implement a 6th builder/2nd BH builder there should be some purpose. I plan on grinding for Otto whether they add a way to gem him or not. I'm not tooo far off as it is. I just think if they made a way for him to be accessible for players who haven't played the game to max it would be beneficial. People have been asking for additional builders for years, they finally did it, but without purpose for the people who can actually get it. The gem cost could be higher, but again I think it would just lower the amount of people who could use him. Also while it may undermine the people who payed to unlock Otto immediately. I disagree with it undermining the people who grinded for him. This would save those players around 35 dollars which is quite a lot. I love the fact that they made Otto accessible through gameplay, I just think that shouldn't be the only way. I hate PTW as much as the next guy. However I do think it should be an option to speed progression.